• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry but I'm prettu excited

Kalidas

Today it has officially been an entire year I have been a Vegetarian!

the year hasn't been perfect there have been mistakes, mess ups, and some hard days but I have done it! Lost 40'bs in the process!

Don't want to sound like I'm showing off just excited.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Congratulations. :)

It's been a couple of weeks for me that I've stopped eating meat. The occasional seafood slips in, but I'll probably eliminate that too.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Congrats! :)

I'm trying to go veggie as well. I've pretty much given up pork, beef, and I've never really liked seafood that much.

However, poultry is my Kryptonite. :thud:

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well of course -- and you'll get osteoporosis from lack of calcium and probably die of a protein deficiency.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
- Around 40 years here.
I have osteoporosis, diabetes, antiscurvy, antirickets, leprosy, compassion deficiency, and am basically nuts.

But its all good.

Kalidas

Well of course -- and you'll get osteoporosis from lack of calcium and probably die of a protein deficiency.

To be honest I am getting annoyed with the never ending question everyone asks Vegetarians

"What do you do about protein?" Do you have ANY idea how many plants have protein?! I normally just respond with "The same way cows get protein, what did you think they just magically manifested protein out of thin air?"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
To be totally frank, Kalidas, a year is a fairly long time. My cousin went about 15 years before returning to meat. Others here have gone several years before returning. Since we (Hindus) view things in a much longer perspective, like several hundred lifetimes, then a year isn't really that long, is it?

Maya3

Good for you all YAY!

Vinayaka, you are so funny. :)

This vegetarian (alias me) just went running for an hour and a half in 88 degree heat, yup I too have no energy is malnutritioned and can barely walk.

Maya

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Good for you Kalidas! And 40 pounds? That's amazing! Most people gain weight on vegetarian. (SO MUCH YUMMY RICE AND BREAD)

I am still not vegetarian. I've been off mammals for a year and a half now. (Beef, Pork, Lamb etc)

I'm proud of you!:yes:
:camp:

Kalidas

FYI I am not going to stop lol, it was a joke to my wife.

Vinayaka your post confused me one moment you said a year is a long time and next you said it wasn't I'm confused, thanks though lol.

Yeah I'm excited but I won't stop...not yet at least hopefully not ever.

Thanks Fireside!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Vinayaka your post confused me one moment you said a year is a long time and next you said it wasn't I'm confused, thanks though lol.

Are you the ego/physical body of this one lifetime, or are you the soul? (Does the body have a soul, or the soul have a body?)

From the perspective of a single lifetime a year is 1/80 of that time span. (Assuming you live to the average)

But if you're a soul a single year is much shorter. I'm not sure what the average number of lifetimes is from Emanation back to Merger, but it's definitely more that 1. :)

So it all depends on perspective. All Hindus try (some more successfully that others) to remember they are not the body, but the soul, and even deeper than that, the Self.

Kalidas

Are you the ego/physical body of this one lifetime, or are you the soul? (Does the body have a soul, or the soul have a body?)

From the perspective of a single lifetime a year is 1/80 of that time span. (Assuming you live to the average)

But if you're a soul a single year is much shorter. I'm not sure what the average number of lifetimes is from Emanation back to Merger, but it's definitely more that 1. :)

So it all depends on perspective. All Hindus try (some more successfully that others) to remember they are not the body, but the soul, and even deeper than that, the Self.

Ah I see, well hey this soul is happy this body could achieve this accomplishment lol.