• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something I wrote some time ago

I know, I know, you've done nothing to deserve this. But I have no law of threes, so I can make you suffer this!!! bwa hahahahahaha! :fight:

The Sword On The Mantle
the giants have awakened, and the earth trembles
and mans proud cities naught but kindling
for his virtue is as his father's sword
a dust gathering heirloom; a memory of pride
this is no place for valour, fallen away to the mantle
and spoken of in hushed tones that seek not understanding
and lo! fenris wolf tears hungrily at his chain
while loki cringes, the shudderings of the earth
and man's proud cities sleep poorly
for his fears are as his childs bedevilment
reasonless and empty, craven eyes beneath a small bed
consuming him from his darkest places
and spoken of in hushed tones that seek not understanding
and lo! fenris wolf has slipped his chain

Frater Morelia, copyrighted 2003
there it's over. you can go cry now.

Runt

LOL, I like it! It's all dark and depressing and puts humanity in its proper place!

It was written was I was doing some odinist pathworkings. the concept of courage as a great virtue is something i retained. i usually keep something fromeach path i work. from shamanism, i kept respect for spirits, not treating them as vassals as many ceremonial magickians are wont to do. from paganism i kept a respect for nature and the cycle of it. this is how i build myself up. i give myself fully to a religion, embracing it to my core until i begin to experience associated phenomina, chakra healing, rune casting, whatnot. then i revert to my chaoism for a while. but in general i love people but detest humanities arrogance and presumption of being central in the universe.

Runt

I'm pretty eclectic as well. I don't really fit under any one label (except maybe Unitarian Univeralism), but I draw from Taoism, Wicca, Ceremonial Magic, and Zen Buddhism, as well as a wide variety of non-religious philosophies (like Taoism... the non religious version) that I don't know the names of. :) I can even look at some of the stories from the Bible from a purly symbolic point of view (I have trouble with seeing anything in there as anything more than fictional literature containing universal truth... but there are some good, inspirational stories in there even if I am not a Christian).

I agree, having read the Qu'ran, Bible and Talmud. all good reads with some good morals and analogies, but that is ALL i derive from it.

Runt

Yeah, the only "religious" text I have read thus far that I could agree with is the Tao Te Ching... and that is because A) it does not HAVE to be religious and I don't take it as such... though perhaps spiritual, yes (difference)... and B) it is already completely in metaphor and the meaning is different for each person who reads it. It is not designed to "save" the masses but to help the individual find fulfillment. Very refreshing when you compare it to the Bible's "God is the One God and he loves you but will have you tortured eternally if you do not love him back."

heh, i prefer patterns in the sand on the beach or wind thru the leaves any day over books. books are nice for ideas, but, truth be told, you Illuminate yourself thru experience and patterns and messing up A LOT.

Master Vigil

Liked the poem!!! It reminds me of something I wrote a while ago. It's during a full moon when I was attacked by a group of spirits whome I had put to work in the woods. They were creating havoc for tree spirits by pulling the trees out of the ground. So I put them to work for the tree spirits. They didn't like this. So they tried to kill me. And this is what I came up with. Its written in shakespearean sonnet form...

A metaphorical life my brain achieves
wreaks hell on all of whom my soul desires.
A cold and wintry night ablaze in fires
smites all of which my torpid mind believes.

Alas my quietus seems close at hand
and death shall rear its lovely fair of head.
The life of love of mine has seemed to fled.
And off it went into a better land.

My joy does fade, and purpose falls behind.
My vision fails when I’m allowed to see,
and all of nature and her greatness agrees.
My luck has sunk into a world of grime.

All of the spirits of the world rejoice!
Your cantor to this hell has lost his voice.

not too shabby, Vigil. tho you make me happy there have been less attempts on y life by spirit-varmints. i can barely deal with the one...
EDIT: a darn solid piece of work, thanks for sharing it man. i got a headache from hell and i clicked the box too soon. i don't often subject my fellow humans to my work, seems sadistic somehow :oops:

Master Vigil

I barely ever share my poems with others. Except when I write sonnets to my girlfriend. I just felt like I should share that one with all of you. But don't think of sharing your stuff as sadistic, you should feel like you are doing someone good by letting them read your stuff. Feeling like it may spark something inside of them that makes them understand whatever they don't understand better. Be proud of your stuff.

I am, I just believe in self-depreciation. One should never take oneself to seriosuly, especially as a magickia. that way lies hubris.

Master Vigil

I understand, I always tell people to be so self confident that your confidence is never seen. Be so smart that you know all the answers but never say them. Be so wise that you need not speak and people understand.

I don't consider myself a wise man. I am smart, but that is different. I just try to be moderatly humble. Ego and hubris are the downfall of many Magickians.

Lightkeeper

Fra. Morelia and Vigil, notice that we started up a poetry forum. The title is Prayers, Meditations and Poetry. Why don't you guys post your poems over there. I think everyone would enjoy it. We need to get that section rolling.