• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something I was thinking you need to be careful about saying to a woman

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've seen men say before to a woman who occasionally wears makeup, that he likes her better without makeup.

It may seem it was the right thing to say, you're saying you like a woman in her natural state.

But the perception I get is that some women, not all, value their makeup and also consider it a part of artistic expression.

So say that to a few women, and you might just be saying something negative about her artistic expression.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Its hard to generalize. Some will care. Some won't.

My make up is 'artsy', but I'm not attached to it. I put it on because it matches my clothes. To me, not doing my make up would be akin to getting dressed and only putting one pant leg on, and letting the other trail behind me.

If I gotta get dressed, might as well complete the job. But make up isn't for everyone.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Its hard to generalize. Some will care. Some won't.

My make up is 'artsy', but I'm not attached to it. I put it on because it matches my clothes. To me, not doing my make up would be akin to getting dressed and only putting one pant leg on, and letting the other trail behind me.

If I gotta get dressed, might as well complete the job. But make up isn't for everyone.

Yeah, they're probably generally more likely to care if they're the type who wears long nails and dolls up and goes to that extra length. Context is pretty important. If you have a girl that's like one of the buddies and just wants to drink beer and watch football with you, and she asks if she has to wear makeup / dress up to the occasion, she may be relieved if you tell her "no".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The worst I've seen is asking a women when she's
due....but she's not pregnant. But I only recall women
asking this question...fortunately it's uncommon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For now.

Colombus. Wirey. BSM1. Back from overseas smelling of salty air. Let's see if you still want to be yourself and wear short kilts.
I never wear short anything.
Modesty, ya know.
Besides, skimpy clothing is for young'ns.