• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the more modern musical geniuses

Aqualung

Tasty
Huh. That's weird. Maybe it is by sweet. But I still like ELO. (If I could just think of what they sing. Back in a moment. :D)

Yep, I still like ELO. The world is not coming to an end. Whew!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
SnaleSpace said:
There's some tracks by Yes I like to listen to during altered states of consciousness as well, but I've just listened to some samples of Ricochet and wow! It's live ay?
Yeppers. CD has two songs.... Ricochet 1 and Richochet 2.

SnaleSpace said:
I've had so many people recommend Phaedra to me I've gotta ask you're opinion.)
Phaedra? Hmmm. Pretty dull. I think I have almost everything up to about 1995 and I wouldnt recommend it. (Playing it now... let you know in 15 minutes.)

SnaleSpace said:
Reviewby John BushPhaedra is one of the most important, artistic, and exciting works in the history of electronic music.
That might be a tiny overstatement.

Strangley, listening to Phaedra, while typing this, it is very neat, but quite primitive by todays standards. Tangerine Dream's appeal in those twilight years lies in the minimalist renderings, sonic textures, if you will, as opposed to playing "songs". Try humming one of their tunes at work and see the reaction you get hehe. There is a distinct organic feel to the music though, but yes, quite primitive for now.
Buy it if money is no prob, but otherwise you will listen to it... maybe twice.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Engyo said:
Gotta agree on the Tangerine Dream.
:woohoo:

Engyo said:
Have you ever listened to any Kitaro?
Yes indeed, thanks for mentioning him. He is POST-Tomita, but still an excellent lad. Since both are Japanese I would assume they knew each other to some extent.

Engyo said:
John Tesh's 2 Tour De France discs (but NOTHING ELSE of his!).
Regretfully Engyo my religon clearly stipulates the following:

Article 27v. Section Q, Item 15s: "Thou shalt not listen to John Tesh, no matter how sweetly the siren's call"

Of likewise interest, may be the parable found in:

Article 27v. Section V, Item 5: "Thou shalt refrain from the listening to or singing/humming of, any music created and/or sung by Barry Manilow. For I am thy God and I command thee to Rock!"

Taken from, "Ham sandwiches for God", Canto Twelve, Book 37

So clearly Engyo, my options are severly limited here. We just can't argue with the big guy, eh?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
:woohoo:

Yes indeed, thanks for mentioning him. He is POST-Tomita, but still an excellent lad. Since both are Japanese I would assume they knew each other to some extent.

Regretfully Engyo my religon clearly stipulates the following:

Article 27v. Section Q, Item 15s: "Thou shalt not listen to John Tesh, no matter how sweetly the siren's call"

Of likewise interest, may be the parable found in:

Article 27v. Section V, Item 5: "Thou shalt refrain from the listening to or singing/humming of, any music created and/or sung by Barry Manilow. For I am thy God and I command thee to Rock!"

Taken from, "Ham sandwiches for God", Canto Twelve, Book 37

So clearly Engyo, my options are severly limited here. We just can't argue with the big guy, eh?
Hahahah. I wish my God had a "thou must Rock" commandment. Stupid Tao and it's "remain centred in the Tao"