• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some bible contradictions

FFH

Veteran Member
Cool thread. I will try to get to as many of these as possible BB. The bible is not bable. It makes perfect sense once you understand it. There are, however, many missing and mistranslated scriptures. The Joseph Smith Translation or Inspired Version clears up these mistranslated and/or missing scriptures. It would take several weeks to address all of those scriptres you have posted.

I would like to look into every one of those. Just like the three day resurrection thing, there is an explanation for most of these so-called "contradictory scriptures". My wife just finished going through a ton of these, from a similar website. It took her about a month to address all of the so-called contradictory scriptures.

Franklin

I didn't take the time to research each of these items. I did bother to show you one instance of your webpage being incorrect. The parable of the mustard seed. below is an example of why it was used by Jesus. It is not unusual to see a mustard bush grow to a small tree. Do a google search for a mustard tree image, you will be surprised. Because I was able to easily disparage this item, I must assume that the rest of the site will be filled with similar errors, just as the site assumes the bible is full of errors.

The problem in the parable of the mustard seed is whether (as the older dispensationalist exegesis runs) the growth of mustard into a tree is really abnormal. If the Lord wanted to speak of something aberrant, grotesque, why did He use a picture of a mustard tree? Surely his hearers would not consider the growth of such a plant into the stature of a tree unnatural. It should be noted that it does not say that the mustard seed became bigger than all the trees, but the biggest among herbs, and growing into a tree, i.e. approaching the size of a tree. If the Lord would have wanted to say that the Kingdom had to remain in its incipient beauty and smallness, than a lily of the field would be a much more telling figure of speech - especially in view of the oriental love for hyperbole. Moreover, the mustard seed does not grow tall by the hands of man, as the explanation would presuppose: it only does so by an extraordinary amount of sunshine and by other favorable circumstances(23) .
http://web.odu.edu/webroot/instr/sci/plant.nsf/pages/mustard

Bangbang

Franklin said:
I didn't take the time to research each of these items. I did bother to show you one instance of your webpage being incorrect. The parable of the mustard seed. below is an example of why it was used by Jesus. It is not unusual to see a mustard bush grow to a small tree. Do a google search for a mustard tree image, you will be surprised. Because I was able to easily disparage this item, I must assume that the rest of the site will be filled with similar errors, just as the site assumes the bible is full of errors.
Thanks for your civil reply...I will ignore the ones that are not. I started this thread to have sone fun and hopefully people incuding myself will learn from it.