• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sodom a small KT like event?

Axe Elf

Prophet
All I know is that if God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, He owes Sodom and Gamorrah an apology.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed for their lack of hospitality not gayness:

Sodom and Gomorrah | Description, Summary, & Controversy

What Was the Real Sin of Sodom? | HuffPost

Sacred hospitality (as the term is) was a big deal back then.

From the first link:

Additionally, Ezekiel 16:49 mentions the inhabitants’ refusal to care for the poor despite their prosperity, which is taken as further evidence that homosexuality is not the cause of their damnation.

Wow is that modern evangelical/conservative Christianity in America?!

Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed for their lack of hospitality not gayness:

Sodom and Gomorrah | Description, Summary, & Controversy

What Was the Real Sin of Sodom? | HuffPost

Sacred hospitality (as the term is) was a big deal back then.

From the first link:

Additionally, Ezekiel 16:49 mentions the inhabitants’ refusal to care for the poor despite their prosperity, which is taken as further evidence that homosexuality is not the cause of their damnation.

Wow is that modern evangelical/conservative Christianity in America?!

Yay! It might 'pay' off to be 'nice' to those that 'need' help regardless of what 'sexuality' is preferred personally. :) Or something like that.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Yay! It might 'pay' off to be 'nice' to those that 'need' help regardless of what 'sexuality' is preferred personally. :) Or something like that.

I don't know what you were trying to say, but it sounded really gay. Gayer than me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
In a world dominated by highly combustible building materials (especially roofing) and full of open fires and oil lamps, I am sure Sodom and Gomorrah weren't the only cities destroyed by fire.

If they were unpopular rivals to the Israelites, the ancients would likely attribute the destruction to Divine Wrath. They attributed almost everything to divine intervention.
Tom