• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Socialized Healthcare and the Problem of Calculation

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Well, for that I'd skip the walk-in clinic altogether and go straight to the hospital. ;)

The one complaint I have about the way it's happening here...

E.R. waiting times *can* be longer than a regular doctor, because there are people who think a flu is an emergency :p

One time I drove my mate to the ER because he'd be punched in the face and got a large gash on his lip. Unfortunately, it seemed about 15 other people had the same experience around the exact same time that night (being a saturday night... loads of stupid drunk people about) and so he had to wait around for an hour and half.

As for the ER waiting times, they're looking at ways to improve them, but it's a very difficult thing to be able to control and plan for (you don't tend to get a predictable "lunch rush" :p).

Our main problem is that we're losing some doctors to Australia, where pay is a bit better (Hardly any move to the U.S. - I think many people here agree with my view that the healthcare system there really isn't great).