• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So religion is on its way out, now what ?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Religion is fading away, we are becoming much more intelligent, we ask more questions that religion cannot answer, so what do we replace religion with, or with anything ?. Sports, the arts, ?, what ?.

We as humans seem to need something to believe in, in which I believe came from our superstitious ways from many years ago, the days when we were frightened of the dark and the shadows within the dark, why our crops didn't grow and why it did grow.
We then sacrificed our first crops to the god's, hoping that would please him, we then sacrificed our animals, hoping that would please, and on and on it went slowly but surly, until we made a god that we all could believe in.
It is our nature as humans to believe in anything that makes sense to us, no matter if its true or not, we are very emotional creatures and that is our downfall.

We agree very easily and we are very easily manipulated, without realizing it, we are so frightened of death, so anything that gives us hope we will cling to. Many people turn to religion when they are down and out, and so they are easily manipulated into religious beliefs.

Many people don't know what life is all about, as if there needs to be a reason, this again is where religion will catch those who are weak, offering them something they can't truly offer. Its all emotional, and this emotion is like a drug to many, even sports can be a emotional release, many have been killed in the name of sports, if we take religion away, it will evolve into another ideology, and so we will be in the same boat, so what do we do, if anything ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It is dangerous to just drop religion, there are many out there that truly needs it, to keep them from going stupid, these are the fundamentalist, those who cannot understand that we can live in peace without religion, they are so conditioned that they need a law from some man in the sky, where as normal people just simply do the right thing, why the law?, are we really that stupid ?.

Last edited:

2X4

Religion is fading away, we are becoming much more intelligent, we ask more questions that religion cannot answer, so what do we replace religion with, or with anything ?. Sports, the arts, ?, what ?.

We as humans seem to need something to believe in, in which I believe came from our superstitious ways from many years ago, the days when we were frightened of the dark and the shadows within the dark, why our crops didn't grow and why it did grow.
We then sacrificed our first crops to the god's, hoping that would please him, we then sacrificed our animals, hoping that would please, and on and on it went slowly but surly, until we made a god that we all could believe in.
It is our nature as humans to believe in anything that makes sense to us, no matter if its true or not, we are very emotional creatures and that is our downfall.

We agree very easily and we are very easily manipulated, without realizing it, we are so frightened of death, so anything that gives us hope we will cling to. Many people turn to religion when they are down and out, and so they are easily manipulated into religious beliefs.

Many people don't know what life is all about, as if there needs to be a reason, this again is where religion will catch those who are weak, offering them something they can't truly offer. Its all emotional, and this emotion is like a drug to many, even sports can be a emotional release, many have been killed in the name of sports, if we take religion away, it will evolve into another ideology, and so we will be in the same boat, so what do we do, if anything ?.

Do you have an Apple iPhone or any other false god you bow down to each day?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Hi......
Humans have learned a bit of science since Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and other prophets walked the earth.

But spiritually we are still deep down in the dark ages. One minute humans feel 'on-top-of-the-world' and don't need any reasons for our existence, the next minute the rug has been pulled out from under.

Our most educated brains make the most crazy decisions, do the most ridiculous things. We blindly follow ANYTHING including clothing fashions.

Yesterday I watched two women get out of a £95,000 Range Rover Vogue (so they're rich) and both of 'em were soon shivering as their bare knees poked through the holes ripped in their jeans.

We mostly think we're smart when in fact we're mostly as daft as brushes. Well, I am (and proud of it :D)

And the reason for our existence, Big-G, just let's us get on with it......... doesn't even bother with such 'sillies' as us, methinks! :)

The occasional prophets come and go, but we're so stupid we don't even know that they were there, methinks.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I just had to say this first: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results ~Said by Einstein himself. :)

It is dangerous to just drop religion, there are many out there that truly needs it, to keep them from going stupid, these are the fundamentalist, those who cannot understand that we can live in peace without religion, they are so conditioned that they need a law from some man in the sky, where as normal people just simply do the right thing, why the law?, are we really that stupid ?

You had me up until this catch here. I hate unneeded justifications for opinions....

It is dangerous to just drop religion, there are many out there that truly needs it, to keep them from going stupid

So, there are some people who need religion to keep from going stupid but religion is what makes people ignorant to what we can have and what is provided today without the need and use for religion?

Religion is keeping people ignorant but if we got rid of religion for everyone, it would be dangerous, so let's keep so it won't be World War 3? (Is what I'm getting)

Unless we take the fundamentalists from every religion from the non-average Christian to the high strung Nichiren Shoshuist throw them out the window and reflect on what religion actually is.

Maybe the Christian, Ex-Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist (whatever) can gather around, sit in the circle, close our eyes and sing kumbiya

2X4

I just had to say this first: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results ~Said by Einstein himself. :)

You had me up until this catch here. I hate unneeded justifications for opinions....

So, there are some people who need religion to keep from going stupid but religion is what makes people ignorant to what we can have and what is provided today without the need and use for religion?

Religion is keeping people ignorant but if we got rid of religion for everyone, it would be dangerous, so let's keep so it won't be World War 3? (Is what I'm getting)

Unless we take the fundamentalists from every religion from the non-average Christian to the high strung Nichiren Shoshuist throw them out the window and reflect on what religion actually is.

Maybe the Christian, Ex-Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist (whatever) can gather around, sit in the circle, close our eyes and sing kumbiya

If the rich corporations take control of the internet, there will be many stupid people without their hand held brain to think with.

ajay0

When I read the 'Beast' , the first thing that came to my mind is the American President's car that is also labelled as the Beast because of its extensive features. Do you think Trump could be the Anti-christ !

He hates Mexicans, and Mexicans are America's neighbours, and Jesus taught that one should love one's neighbours. So probably Trump is the Anti-christ. What do you think !

An another peculiarity is that it is the Southern christian belt that voted for him mainly. Do you think they are also the followers of the Anti-christ !

I think we are getting on to something over here.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the rich corporations take control of the internet, there will be many stupid people without their hand held brain to think with.

Hmm.

I had to think about this because there is a lot of politics involved in why we bow to our bibles, bow to authorities, bow to excuse ourselves in some parts of the world while others bow based in seniority. But then again, I don't know if you just go by bowing.

It's a set up.

2X4

When I read the 'Beast' , the first thing that came to my mind is the American President's car that is also labelled as the Beast because of its extensive features. Do you think Trump could be the Anti-christ !

He hates Mexicans, and Mexicans are America's neighbours, and Jesus taught that one should love one's neighbours. So probably Trump is the Anti-christ. What do you think !

An another peculiarity is that it is the Southern christian belt that voted for him mainly. Do you think they are also the followers of the Anti-christ !

I think we are getting on to something over here.

Did you read the entire writing in that wordpress page I posted? What is the Beast and the Antichrist?

ajay0

Don't you think that similarly organised religion might be a conditioning mechanism that retards the brain !

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Religion won't be memory holed like old Hillary. It's like the parable of the fig tree, when God finds no more fruit on the fig tree, He destroys it. So for sure it will be around until the end or very close to it, despite all the fleeting distractions of the world.

2X4

Hmm.

I had to think about this because there is a lot of politics involved in why we bow to our bibles, bow to authorities, bow to excuse ourselves in some parts of the world while others bow based in seniority. But then again, I don't know if you just go by bowing.

It's a set up.

Yes it is a set up by the plan.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Acts 17
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Psalms 22
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.