• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, I'm staying in this hotel in East Texas

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
And this hotel is right next door to an abandoned funeral home, which I believe is contributing to the presence of restless spirits residing within the hotel. Since I arrived here last night, I have collected multiple EVPs, multiple EMF spikes, and multiple SLS images inside the hotel and on the hotel grounds. The haunting of the hotel has also been confirmed by an employee and the hotel owner. Unfortunately, the employee wasn't willing to tell me about her experience, but she confirmed that something paranormal had happened to her and it upset her. I spoke with another employee who was interested in seeing my SLS images, and I conducted a burst EVP session with her in the lobby of the hotel. She and I talked for several minutes before she had to leave. She asked me if I was going to be here tomorrow, which I understood as she wants to talk to me again. I'll have to wait and see, though.

Well, word spread to the hotel owner that I was showing my images to an employee in the lobby. She then approaches me and asks to see the images herself. I was relieved when she told me that she believes in the paranormal, because I thought I was in trouble when she walked up to me. I think she always has a stern look on her face, but this time, she smiled at me. I showed her the SLS images, and she asked if I have spoken to the spirits, and I answered yes, I have. She was impressed with these images, and she was impressed with the EMF spikes too. She was especially impressed with the EVP I captured that told me to "turn around" as I was walking back into the hotel entrance after I had been over at the abandoned funeral home next door. My EVP device saves a list of the words that are audibly captured through the recorder. Well, the owner and I swapped paranormal stories for about half an hour or so before she told me she needed to get back to work. But before she left, she asked me how long I was staying, and I told her. She then told me that she'd like to talk to me tomorrow. I have more evidence I captured that I can show her tomorrow.

After I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a And after I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate for a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a paranormal private group becomes available to paranormal enthusiasts, like me. But not until then. I was naive to post some of my photos in a couple of paranormal groups on Facebook, and it was a nightmarish experience for me that I don't want to repeat here on RF.

I know about this specific rule, Ridiculing Other Members in the Paranormal Forum and Others Like It, but I'm still not willing to take the chance in an open forum like this one, paranormal or not. I'm willing to talk about the paranormal and share my stories, but I'm not willing to be the target of ridicule because some skeptic thinks my paranormal photos are rubbish and they won't let it go.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
And this hotel is right next door to an abandoned funeral home, which I believe is contributing to the presence of restless spirits residing within the hotel. Since I arrived here last night, I have collected multiple EVPs, multiple EMF spikes, and multiple SLS images inside the hotel and on the hotel grounds. The haunting of the hotel has also been confirmed by an employee and the hotel owner. Unfortunately, the employee wasn't willing to tell me about her experience, but she confirmed that something paranormal had happened to her and it upset her. I spoke with another employee who was interested in seeing my SLS images, and I conducted a burst EVP session with her in the lobby of the hotel. She and I talked for several minutes before she had to leave. She asked me if I was going to be here tomorrow, which I understood as she wants to talk to me again. I'll have to wait and see, though.

Well, word spread to the hotel owner that I was showing my images to an employee in the lobby. She then approaches me and asks to see the images herself. I was relieved when she told me that she believes in the paranormal, because I thought I was in trouble when she walked up to me. I think she always has a stern look on her face, but this time, she smiled at me. I showed her the SLS images, and she asked if I have spoken to the spirits, and I answered yes, I have. She was impressed with these images, and she was impressed with the EMF spikes too. She was especially impressed with the EVP I captured that told me to "turn around" as I was walking back into the hotel entrance after I had been over at the abandoned funeral home next door. My EVP device saves a list of the words that are audibly captured through the recorder. Well, the owner and I swapped paranormal stories for about half an hour or so before she told me she needed to get back to work. But before she left, she asked me how long I was staying, and I told her. She then told me that she'd like to talk to me tomorrow. I have more evidence I captured that I can show her tomorrow.

And after I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate for a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a And after I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate for a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a paranormal private group becomes available to paranormal enthusiasts, like me.

But not until then. I was naive to post some of my photos in a couple of paranormal groups on Facebook, and it was a nightmarish experience for me that I don't want to repeat here on RF. I know about this specific rule, Ridiculing Other Members in the Paranormal Forum and Others Like It, but I'm still not willing to take the chance in an open forum like this one, paranormal or not. I'm willing to talk about the paranormal and share my stories, but I'm not willing to be the target of public ridicule because some skeptic thinks my paranormal related photos are rubbish and they won't let it go.

What are...multiple EVPs, multiple EMF spikes, and multiple SLS images?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
What are...multiple EVPs, multiple EMF spikes, and multiple SLS images?

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon. It's an audible recording of a spirit speaking through the EVP Recorder in real time. An EVP can be captured by using a Spirit Box (or Ghost Box) to audibly communicate with the spirits in real time. A digital recorder can be used to capture an EVP, but you won't be able to hear the EVP until you rewind the tape and listen to the recording.

EMF spike - High fluctuations measured in electromagnetic fields by an EMF detector (or k2 Meter). It is theorized, and commonly accepted within in the paranormal field of investigation, that spirits have the ability to manipulate these fields.

SLS image - An SLS Kinect Camera (also called SLS Stickman Camera) is my most favorite equipment to utilize while I'm investigating a haunted location. It gives me the ability to see a 3D image (sort of like a skeleton) of a spirit. I can sense the presence of the spirits around me, but I rarely see one unless a spirit is willing to be seen. The SLS Camera gives me the chance to have an upper hand.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon. It's an audible recording of a spirit speaking through the EVP Recorder in real time. An EVP can be captured by using a Spirit Box (or Ghost Box) to audibly communicate with the spirits in real time. A digital recorder can be used to capture an EVP, but you won't be able to hear the EVP until you rewind the tape and listen to the recording.

EMF spike - High fluctuations measured in electromagnetic fields by an EMF detector (or k2 Meter). It is theorized, and commonly accepted within in the paranormal field of investigation, that spirits have the ability to manipulate these fields.

SLS image - An SLS Kinect Camera (also called SLS Stickman Camera) is my most favorite equipment to utilize while I'm investigating a haunted location. It gives me the ability to see a 3D image (sort of like a skeleton) of a spirit. I can sense the presence of the spirits around me, but I rarely see one unless a spirit is willing to be seen. The SLS Camera gives me the chance to have an upper hand.

Cool!! Sounds like fun.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now.

Any argumentative posts in this forum section are a Rule 10 violation and reportable as such, so should you decide to post any pictures in this thread, no challenging posts would be allowed in this specific forum.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

After I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a And after I finish posting my thread, I'm going to go out into the hotel and investigate for a while longer, because it's nighttime now. As far as posting my collection of images in this thread, I've decided not to post any of my pictures at this time, because it's open season in this sub-forum, and I don't feel like dealing with any skeptics right now. I'm willing to post my paranormal related pictures if this sub-forum is changed to a DIR or if a paranormal private group becomes available to paranormal enthusiasts, like me. But not until then. I was naive to post some of my photos in a couple of paranormal groups on Facebook, and it was a nightmarish experience for me that I don't want to repeat here on RF.

I know about this specific rule, Ridiculing Other Members in the Paranormal Forum and Others Like It, but I'm still not willing to take the chance in an open forum like this one, paranormal or not. I'm willing to talk about the paranormal and share my stories, but I'm not willing to be the target of ridicule because some skeptic thinks my paranormal photos are rubbish and they won't let it go.
Why are you afraid of skeptical people?

I would love to see something truly paranormal occur, but in order to do that I feel one would need to debunk it with extreme prejudice because it needs to get to a point where the unexplainable is truly unexplainable. Something that good.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I would love to see something truly paranormal occur, but in order to do that I feel one would need to debunk it with extreme prejudice because it needs to get to a point where the unexplainable is truly unexplainable. Something that good.
Nothing wrong with skepticism. The problem is when people's experiences are immediately dismissed in a condescending way. Imagine if two Christians were trying to discuss the miracles of Christ but every other post was a skeptic asking them if Jesus hung out with leprechauns. You and I are both skeptical of Jesus' miracles, but we also know that such remarks would be obnoxious and add nothing of substance. Of course it's okay to dispute and debate claims when they're asserted as an argument.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My mother was staying at a hotel during a trip to visit relatives many years ago.
She woke to see a dark mass at the foot of her bed, and it slowly began to glide around the corner and up alongside the bed. She turned the lamp on and it was gone. May have been sleep paralysis or whatever but was an interesting story nonetheless. Also, I'm sure hotels see a lot of death from overdose and suicides, so if ghosts are a thing they'd have 'em.

We Never Know

No Slack
My mother was staying at a hotel during a trip to visit relatives many years ago.
She woke to see a dark mass at the foot of her bed, and it slowly began to glide around the corner and up alongside the bed. She turned the lamp on and it was gone. May have been sleep paralysis or whatever but was an interesting story nonetheless. Also, I'm sure hotels see a lot of death from overdose and suicides, so if ghosts are a thing they'd have 'em.

In my early 30's had that happened to me 7 times over a four year period, all in the same house.
I would go to bed, set my alarm and lay down. Next thing I know a dark figure was at the foot of my bed. I tried with all my might to get up but couldn't move. After what seemed like a long 30 seconds to a minute the figure would disappear.
I would suddenly fly up to sitting in bed, breathing hard and startle my wife who asked what's wrong. I always said nothing, I just have to go to the bathroom. Each time I would look at the clock and only one or two minutes had passed since I set the alarm. I would get up, walk through the house, see nothing and go back to bed.

It happened seven times over a four year period and only happened in that house. I never experienced that anywhere else throughout my life.

I have to admit it was a weird feeling.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Nothing wrong with skepticism. The problem is when people's experiences are immediately dismissed in a condescending way. Imagine if two Christians were trying to discuss the miracles of Christ but every other post was a skeptic asking them if Jesus hung out with leprechauns. You and I are both skeptical of Jesus' miracles, but we also know that such remarks would be obnoxious and add nothing of substance. Of course it's okay to dispute and debate claims when they're asserted as an argument.
Don't worry I won't say anything :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Don't worry I won't say anything :)
Well, I mean imagine having some fundies constantly peppering every single thread in the LHP DIR with some variation of "y'all going to hell when you die."
Debate, skepticism, and even ridicule of beliefs/ideas are fine and have their place, but they go against the spirit of the DIRs.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Well, I mean imagine having some fundies constantly peppering every single thread in the LHP DIR with some variation of "y'all going to hell when you die."
Debate, skepticism, and even ridicule of beliefs/ideas are fine and have their place, but they go against the spirit of the DIRs.
Screw 'em . . . post the pics! I don't believe much in the paranormal but I can't explain everything, I'm open to ideas, and besides who doesn't love this stuff!

F1fan

Veteran Member
If you're going to suggest that, why not go further and explain how feral cats could cause electronic voice phenomenon, electrical magnetic fields, and SLS motion captures? The suggestion is nonsensical and useless otherwise.
It was a joke. I'd love for there to be ghosts. I've heard EVPs and seen videos and some are very interesting. I remain unconvinced. I'm totally renovating my 110 year old house and I keep expecting to have some experience, but I am pretty sure all the noises and **** getting broken at night are my cats. Probably.

F1fan

Veteran Member
In my early 30's had that happened to me 7 times over a four year period, all in the same house.
I would go to bed, set my alarm and lay down. Next thing I know a dark figure was at the foot of my bed. I tried with all my might to get up but couldn't move. After what seemed like a long 30 seconds to a minute the figure would disappear.
I would suddenly fly up to sitting in bed, breathing hard and startle my wife who asked what's wrong. I always said nothing, I just have to go to the bathroom. Each time I would look at the clock and only one or two minutes had passed since I set the alarm. I would get up, walk through the house, see nothing and go back to bed.

It happened seven times over a four year period and only happened in that house. I never experienced that anywhere else throughout my life.

When I was a kid, 5-7 years old, I used to hide under my covers scared to death about the paranormal things going on. I would hear footsteps coming up the hall outside my room. The demon would never make itself known, it just toyed with me. I would peak out once in a while to see if it was there.

One night I peeked out from my covers and saw a totally white being standing in the doorway to my room. I peed my bed. I was under the covers until well after sunrise and could hear family up and moving around.

Well turned out my grandmother stayed that night and had gotten up in the middle of the night to see if I was OK. She was wearing a white nightgown. Thanks grandma.

The footsteps turned out to be the expanding heating ducts that ran under the length of the hallway to all the bedrooms. Thanks HVAC guys.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I was staying at a hotel on a Navy base back East, and had a similar experience.

I was lying in bed taking an afternoon nap, as I was tired and waiting on someone. A few minutes after I had laid down, I glanced at the clock and started to fall asleep. But I awoke suddenly, to see a figure hanging from the door frame (like they had hung themselves), and there was something moving towards me slowly in my periphery. It felt like I was "out of time", as it seemed to last an eternity, but just as quickly as it started, it was over. Only a few minutes had passed from when I had closed my eyes after looking at the clock.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Thank you for this, Father Heathen. I truly appreciate your post. Peace, my friend.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Let me be clear in my response to you, so there is no room for the slightest hint of doubt. I am not, under any circumstances, afraid of skeptics of any shape or form. I am, however, sick and tired of the belligerent, loud mouth skeptic, who has made it their lives' mission to discredit me and publicly humiliate me. Unfortunately, I've met more of these skeptics than I have of the kind of skeptic I actually like. I like an honest skeptic, who is respectful and polite towards me, despite the fact that they don't believe in the paranormal themselves. They aren't rude and obnoxious, and they don't call me disparaging names in a relentless personal attack to slander me and embarrass me. They don't insult my intelligence or publicly accuse me of being out of ever-loving mind, either. I especially like the fact that they don't publicly accuse me of being demon possessed. That's definitely a plus, IMO.

My husband was a skeptic for a while, even after I told him about my ability to feel the presence of spirits, my ability to see spirits, and my ability to hear the disembodied voices of spirits. He was a skeptic until he went on a paranormal investigation with me at the Crescent Hotel & Spa in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. He witnessed poltergeist activity with his own eyes, and he heard multiple disembodied voices with his own ears in real time during EVP sessions. He saw the thermal images and SLS images with his own eyes. My husband isn't a skeptic anymore. He's more open to talking about the paranormal now, and that means the world to me.

Speaking as a clairvoyant and a paranormal investigator, it's very gratifying to convince a hardcore skeptic that the paranormal is real. I'll admit that I feel vindicated whenever I see the shocked look on the face of a hardcore skeptic at the very moment they're convinced that the paranormal is real. It makes all the hard work of researching and investigating the paranormal worthwhile, IMO.

Last edited: