• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep on it

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You’ve likely heard a few stories of people happening upon fame-making discoveries in their dreams. Nobel Prize laureate Otto Loewi dreamed about the experiment which would prove his idea that nerve impulses are chemically transmitted. Pro-golfer Jack Nicklaus ended his run of poor scores after realizing he had been holding the club incorrectly. Frankenstein author Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin hit on the idea for the book after experiencing a vision of the hideous phantasm laying stretched out on a table.
Solving Problems in Your Dreams

I had a friend, a mechanical engineering who often told me he had came up with his best designs in his sleep.

Dreams occasionally provide me with answers to moral dilemmas and relationship problems. Sometimes when I'm a bit down and depressed, a dream will come along to cheer me up. There is even evidence that dreaming helps improve memory and learning.
Evidence That Dreams Help Us Learn

There no guarantee that a good night's sleep will solve your problems from the day before but I've often woken with the feeling that yesterday's problems seem a lot less insurmountable.

Srivijaya

When I dream too much, I'm normally tired the following day. I used to have interesting content. Nowadays it's just downright boring.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My dreams are typically as dull as my personality, and my personality is as dull as a literary review of blogs about sock drawers. Yet, every now and then, one of them solves a problem for me -- usually, an issue in epistemology or the philosophy of the sciences. But always a minor issue. Never anything earth-shaking.