• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we be disrespectful towards the Bible?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
At work this week, I was telling a fellow dishwasher I'm not a Christian because the God of the Bible is "crazy psycho" in my opinion. This guy caught me off guard by getting a bit offended and defensive.
You were basically extremely rude. We don't always get to say everything we think or feel or believe. We try to be considerate of the feelings of others, within reason. You could have expressed your disbelief in God and the Bible without calling God a "crazy psycho." Your remark was DESIGNED to emotionally inflame, so you got exactly the response you asked for.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
People often ask about faith and the Bible gives the answer. It is very often not what people think faith is.
The Bible's use of faith remains based on subjective belief that the Bible and any one of many conflicting interpretations are what they claim.

The Bible does not define faith. The Bible describes the beliefs of Christianity based on the subjective faith that it is true.

Oxford languages

Faith -strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Faith offers no more certainty beyond what you subjectively believe is certain

The Bible was not written in English. It is translated using standard English language and definitions.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What do you guys think about "respecting" other people's beliefs when their beliefs say you should be stoned to death? Isn't that asking a lot of me?
Good topic, and still needed a lot, sadly

It's best to tell them the truth
"You belittle other's (non) Faith"
Thereby being disrespectful
Hence acting Adharmic

I go totally No Contact with those that belittle

I also go No Contact with murderers
Those who belittle Faith or feelings of others
Try to murder (trample) your core (soul)
Murderers belong in jail

Avoid Bad Company