• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should we all be friends or not

We all have our own beliefs but should we be enemys tords others that don't belive the same thing as us or should we be friends with them?If we should be enemys with them should we show it in a violent way or just stay away from them?If we should be kind to them should we be friends and have a good relationship with them or should we like them but not bother to be friends with them?please explain your anser

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
We are all brothers and sisters of the earth. We should all get along. And we should be compairing notes and sharing wisdom instead of argueing over individual religious dogmas.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I think it depends more on the people and how they act. Are they honest and kind? Do we have similar interests and good conversations? I don't go around looking for enemies or violence, and I have a very low opinion of those who do. It's a bit of a cliche, but can't we all just get along.:D For some people, the answer is obviously 'NO!', but I at least give it a try.:)

I'm Christian, and I'm going to approach this from a Christian point of view... When Jesus came into the world, he showed us that we need to be loving, accepting of others, and non-judgemental. So, from that point of view, we should accept others for who they are and not let religion get in the way of a good friendship. Religion can affect a relationship in a positive way, but we should try to avoid letting it affect us in a negative way.

Now from a non-religious point of view.... We are all humans of equal value, with our own ideas of how things started. We all deserve mutal respect, so why should a little disagreement get in the way of anything? If the other person's company is enjoyable, you should be friends.

M

Majikthise

I am an atheist and my two best friends are catholic. Our religions don't matter when we're working together or partying.And you have to live with family that might have different beliefs than you. As long as you don't push things on each other.:D

cardero

Citizen Mod
hail-satan-666 said:
We all have our own beliefs but should we be enemys tords others that don't belive the same thing as us or should we be friends with them?If we should be enemys with them should we show it in a violent way or just stay away from them?If we should be kind to them should we be friends and have a good relationship with them or should we like them but not bother to be friends with them?please explain your anser
You don't have to be friendly to be respectful and
You do not have to be enemies to be tolerant

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Sunstone said:
I just can't see myself being friends with a Nazi.
Have you ever seen the experiment where people where told they were helping with an experiment. They were asked to present questions to a person in another room. If they answered incorrectly this person was to admister an electric shock. Despite the screams and the pleas of mercy from the person on the other side of the wall, the person went against what they thought was right, and continued the experiment as they were told.

The Nazi's have to be forgiven. And we have got to be willing to learn the lesson they gave us. Hitler was only able to accomplish what he did because there were thousands of people backing him up.

They were Christians who thought they were doing God's work. They thought it was their job to punish the Jews. This is the danger of teaching scripture with misconceptions. It is no different than the KKK using the bible to validate their actions. Or our own forefathers when they hung women as witches.

You think this couldn't happen today. There was a Christian man how killed a doctor for performing abortions. He validated this this action with his misconception of the bible.

The Black Whirlwind

yes, we should all be friends? whats the harm in it? But if people are unwilling to be your friend and ultimateley hate you, i always like to say, "love your enemies. it'll drive 'em crazy"

Yerda

Veteran Member
EnhancedSpirit said:
Have you ever seen the experiment where people where told they were helping with an experiment. They were asked to present questions to a person in another room. If they answered incorrectly this person was to admister an electric shock. Despite the screams and the pleas of mercy from the person on the other side of the wall, the person went against what they thought was right, and continued the experiment as they were told.
This must be one of the most unethical abuses of science I've ever heard.

Pah

Uber all member
EnhancedSpirit said:
We are all brothers and sisters of the earth. We should all get along. And we should be compairing notes and sharing wisdom instead of argueing over individual religious dogmas.
I have always been amazed when both Democrats and Republicans state general goals. You wouldn't know who has which unless you know the speaker. Unfortunetly, the "devil" is in the details.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
truthseekingsoul said:
This must be one of the most unethical abuses of science I've ever heard.
The science of psychology, oh yeah. About 100 years ago there was a study done on 100 infants. They were all left in a crib 24 hours a day. The were given food, and changed and all there basic needs for survival were met, but they were shown absolutely no physical or emotional attention. More than 50% of them died. They now call this phenomena "failure to thrive". And it is something that a babies doctor will keep an eye out for.

Science can be wicked indeed.

Pah

Uber all member
EnhancedSpirit said:
The science of psychology, oh yeah. About 100 years ago there was a study done on 100 infants. They were all left in a crib 24 hours a day. The were given food, and changed and all there basic needs for survival were met, but they were shown absolutely no physical or emotional attention. More than 50% of them died. They now call this phenomena "failure to thrive". And it is something that a babies doctor will keep an eye out for.

Science can be wicked indeed.
Could you supply the name of the scientists or the study? It seems to be a great argument in favor of an infant being a blank slate

Sorry for the off topic request.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
hail-satan-666 said:
Wouldn't it be a very boring world if we were all clones and thought the same ?

Man , would I be sick of me ....

Fluffy

A fool
Treating others as enemies only makes them multiply. What does one actually gain out of hating a KKK or Nazi member over treating them as a friend? Nothing, so whats the point? Justice is a totally seperate thing from this and emotions should be kept well away.

I suppose I might be able to make myself feel better about myself by viewing 'us' as good and 'them' as bad but this is just fooling myself to be fair.

Saw11_2000

Let's all just get along and hold hands by the campfire and make s'mores. Afterwards we can dance around to the macirena...I think that's how you spell it.

But....in reality, it doesn't look possible, people disagree on things other than just religion.

Lycan

Preternatural
No, I do not believe we should all be friends... There are many people that I have no desire to be near much less be friends with. I do not see being friends is synonomus with civility. I can respect the rights and views of others without having to "get along". I do believe civility is important but detest the false gestures that come about when trying to be friendly to someone you don't care for.