• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Tookie Williams be executed?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Victor,

What have you personally done to deserve any kind of punishment even in the same realm as what Tookie did?
Thank God nothing to that extent. But I failed to note that I meant it in an earthly sense. From Christian world view we die physically because of our sin. That's how I meant it.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Tookie William, apparently, was a murdering scumbag who killed folks he had no particular beef with for the thrill of it. He is going to be put to death, and it sounds like he deserves it. Being put to death is the ultimate penalty we have, and it is reserved for the ultimate crimes. He sounds like a good candidate for it.

Yeah I know. But as you know, mercy is also part of Christian belief and even the greatest sinners can be saints.

~Victor

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I oppose the death penality with very few exceptions. So, I'm not in favor of putting Williams to death, even though I believe his crimes are inexcusable. Williams could write a 100 children's books and still not pay for his crimes.