• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Religion be banned?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Bang,

If you or anybody else can come up with some other way to make an internal combustion engine purr, then by all means, I am with you on banning oil. Alternative fuel sources will be a multi-trillion dollar industry some day, and I personally would love the day when I don't have to spend 50 bucks to fill up my wife's Durango.

Until then, tho we have to deal with the real world, and in that world, oil, unfortunately, makes the world go round.

As far as banning religion, there is no way to do it. If you had some magic pixie dust, and could make all religions and all memories of them disappear, then I am pretty sure, the world would be a better place, for a while. But I bet it wouldn't be a week, and somebody would dream up something otherworldly to start worshipping, and we would in a short time be right back where we are today.

I honestly don't know how it could be much worse than it is right now, so any change might be for the better, but I am afraid what you suggest is a pipe dream. And don't forget the concept of martyrdom. For a lot of folks out there, the best way you could increase their following would be to attempt to ban their particular type of religious expression. Makes them feel more pious when authority figures are telling them they are going to be punished in this world for their religious beliefs. I suppose the logic is the more you suffer here, the greater reward awaits you in the next life.

So, nice ideas, but until a viable alternative fuel source, and some pixie dust are both discovered, I think where we sit, is where we can expect to be, for the forseeable future.

B.

may

interesting question that,......should we ban religion

We read in the book of Revelation that John saw a woman, a harlot named Babylon the Great, and it is my belief that this woman is the (world empire of false religion )riding a scarlet-colored beast. He writes: "And he says to me: ‘The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.’"—Rev. 17:15-18 according to this it will be God that puts it into the hearts to carry out his thought ,now that is interesting as this woman is going to be destroyed by God . i think bible prophecy will come true , that is why God tells his people to get out of babylon the great (revelation 18;4) because she is on the way out

DakotaGypsy

What if patriarchal religions were banned?

By the way, I was shopping for an avatar on this site and I discovered, to my chagrin, that there ARE NO GODDESS AVATARS!!! Absolutely shocking!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
DakotaGypsy said:
By the way, I was shopping for an avatar on this site and I discovered, to my chagrin, that there ARE NO GODDESS AVATARS!!! Absolutely shocking!
What would you like?

DakotaGypsy

Thanks, Maize. I had a look all over the internet--admittedly my search skills are not that great--and I couldn't find any goddess or crone avatars. There were a lot of sexy female pictures but, my goodness, they simply would not be appropriate here. This is not a site for babe goggling. I am researching art software and would like to create an avatar except I lack the tech knowledge to attach it to my posts.

I am experimenting with a free download paint kit but it doesn't seem to work very well and I don't know how to search for paint kits that would work for my level of skill and tech abilities. I have a crone avatar from another site but I'm bored with it and I'd like to see more crone avatars or, please forgive me, respectable and demure female avatars that were not cartoonish.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
DakotaGypsy said:
Thanks, Maize. I had a look all over the internet--admittedly my search skills are not that great--and I couldn't find any goddess or crone avatars. There were a lot of sexy female pictures but, my goodness, they simply would not be appropriate here. This is not a site for babe goggling. I am researching art software and would like to create an avatar except I lack the tech knowledge to attach it to my posts.

I am experimenting with a free download paint kit but it doesn't seem to work very well and I don't know how to search for paint kits that would work for my level of skill and tech abilities. I have a crone avatar from another site but I'm bored with it and I'd like to see more crone avatars or, please forgive me, respectable and demure female avatars that were not cartoonish.
Well if you find one or create one you like, I can add it your profile, just let me know how I can help.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Banning religion would be about on a par with banning love, or anger; it will never happen.

I'd become an underground believer!:D