• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I wear robes?

Master Vigil

Alright, I just finished my new walking stick, it is a twisted maple. It has so much power that I hate to just leave it in my room. But I would feel wierd walking with it with just normal clothes. My wolves told me to wear my robe that I sewed myself. Alot of my soul has been imprinted on that robe, and I would love to be able to wear it. It looks just like a jedi robe only navy blue. I know I shouldn't care what people think of me, but I just wanted your opinions. Do you think I should wear it?

I would do as I felt I needed. I prefer people not to know my business, as it precludes an invasion of sorts into my life with their commentary. If you feel prepared to deal with, then by all means wear it.

Master Vigil

But do you understand where I'm coming from? I mean, the staff is amazingly filled with energy. And my robe is as well. It's like, hard to resist using them. And it would allow me to be better centered wherever I go.

Rex

Founder
Master Vigil said:
Alright, I just finished my new walking stick, it is a twisted maple. It has so much power that I hate to just leave it in my room. But I would feel wierd walking with it with just normal clothes. My wolves told me to wear my robe that I sewed myself. Alot of my soul has been imprinted on that robe, and I would love to be able to wear it. It looks just like a jedi robe only navy blue. I know I shouldn't care what people think of me, but I just wanted your opinions. Do you think I should wear it?

Hmmmmmm, much fear I sense in you. Jedi you will become.

yoda.jpg

Yoda does it.. and he is the coolest.

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Actually, I often wear Buddhist garments, monks robes but in black, when I am about. Especially in London (you see a lot stranger things).

Master Vigil

Good, I'm not the only one. Sweet!!!!! I don't live in the city though, I expect if I did, it would be different.

pegan

There's always a chance of criticism. However, when it comes to something like this, it's your choice. Do as you feel, and feel as you do. 8)

~*Pegan*~

Master Vigil

These are two pictures of me in my robe. The one with the bird is my favorite. it shows my love for nature. The other one is kinda dark and mysterious and shows my mystic side. Hope you enjoy.

Runt

I personally don't see why not, if you are not worried about the reactions you would get from other people (you know there will be funny looks and some questions, but if you don't care I see no reason you should not wear your robes).