• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I visit Rajasthan or Kerala?

ronki23

i should be going to Mumbai next month or month after but I'm not sure whether I should do Rajasthan or Kerala.

Rajasthan looks interesting and it seems to be lots of forts and palaces. Weather looks nicer than Kerala but I've already seen Dubai and Sharjah

Kerala has grey skies and I heard its scorching in March. The idea of torrential rain is off putting. But other than the weather I'd like to see it

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
i should be going to Mumbai next month or month after but I'm not sure whether I should do Rajasthan or Kerala.

Rajasthan looks interesting and it seems to be lots of forts and palaces. Weather looks nicer than Kerala but I've already seen Dubai and Sharjah

Kerala has grey skies and I heard its scorching in March. The idea of torrential rain is off putting. But other than the weather I'd like to see it
February is very good both for Rajasthan and Kerala. I would suggest Rajasthan, as apart from splendid forts and desert, you will also get to see the tiger preserve at Ranthambore and the superb Bharatpur bird sanctuary where thousands of migratory birds come and stay till Feb. March may get a bit hot, but early March will still be good.

Holidays to Rajasthan- Top 26 Places Must to Explore

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Partly it depends on what you're looking to do and see while you're there. Since you list yourself as "dharmic", is there anything in particular that attracts you based on that belief?

ronki23

Partly it depends on what you're looking to do and see while you're there. Since you list yourself as "dharmic", is there anything in particular that attracts you based on that belief?

I like temples (I'm Hindu but also visit Sikh and Buddhist temples)

I'm also a shopaholic

Also I'm not a fan of rain as I'm British but at the same time I've seen forts in Dubai

ronki23

Why are you limiting yourself to these two? Or are you?

I have 3 weeks: 4-5 days Gurgaon
1 week Mumbai
1 week Kerala or Rajasthan

I'm leaning toward Kerala as Gurgaon is North, Mumbai is Middle and Kerala is South so a mixture of cultures as opposed to Rajasthan which is also North

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I like temples (I'm Hindu but also visit Sikh and Buddhist temples)

I'm also a shopaholic

Also I'm not a fan of rain as I'm British but at the same time I've seen forts in Dubai
So it seems you should split your time between visiting temples and shopping! I did visit the Brahma Temple when I was in India in 2012 so that's one possibility.

ronki23

Hey Mods, can you please delete this thread? I'm not going to India after all; my final 2 holidays will be Germany and Japan/South Korea.