• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I or should I not? (Narasimha Anushtup)

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
I am debating today if I should start reciting the so-called Narasimha Anushtup Mantra or not.....

I am presently under very troubled times. I have been reciting slokas with much tenacity each day for the past several months. My condition is not better.

I am filled with hope as I came across this above-said mantra, as Narasimha is a very powerful deity and this secret mantra is a powerful weapon for troubled times.......

But the caveat being that it should only be recited after a guru instructs you. Never otherwise.

So much is said about so many other mantras but I have disobeyed for so many of them and recited them before.

But for some reason, this mantra fills me with fear if I decide to take the liberty at my hands....

What would you do, for instance?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Aum ... I'm not that convinced mantras can be cure-alls. That said, it can't really hurt. I have no advice for you. A qualified Guru might.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am debating today if I should start reciting the so-called Narasimha Anushtup Mantra or not.....

I am presently under very troubled times. I have been reciting slokas with much tenacity each day for the past several months. My condition is not better.

I am filled with hope as I came across this above-said mantra, as Narasimha is a very powerful deity and this secret mantra is a powerful weapon for troubled times.......

But the caveat being that it should only be recited after a guru instructs you. Never otherwise.
Then don't, if the instructions are that clear.

Grace and Blessings are granted by God, going against His instructions seems to me the highway to sabotage what you are after.

My Guru always told us "I only ask 1 thing of you ... follow my instructions". He gave plenty, so I can always find a few, I can manage. The trick is to find that particular sadhana, that makes God run towards you. I found my way, I knew it from the moment I read that line. My greatest attachment, giving that one up, even for 1 day, and God starts running towards me. All have different challenges, finding your major one is the key, your SvaDharma. Shiva is known for Granting Blessings to whoever practices certain sadhana. Him doing so scared the hell out of pious people, because he even gave big boons to criminals IF they did their sadhana. So, I believe these stories are true, and if they can do it, then I can do it too. But I must admit, that I stayed with my Guru in His Ashram for 10 years, where I was blessed a lot. Without that experience, I would just have been a normal Dutch guy, with no clue about God and Spiritual life. So, it did not happen to me in 1 day, so to speak.

What I would do myself (not advising you to do it), as I don't have a Guru I can just visit and ask, is:
Lay down in bed, and repeat the name of my Guru (or deity or Devi or God), until permission is granted or some other clear instructions given. Because it is said by the Saints and Sages, that in this Age of Kali, the Name of God (any name you prefer) is the panacea for all pain and trouble. Sometimes I stayed in bed praying for 12h or 24h...I don't give up easily, when I need help really bad.

Last edited: