• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Hindus be more aggressive?

Pleroma

philalethist
Hindus suffer from passivity and disunity. These are their main enemies. They are not only not aggressive in asserting themselves, they are generally apologetic if they assert themselves at all. A more positive, expansive self-confident spirit in their religion is essential.

This does not require that Hindus become militant or violent, but it does require that they wake up and become active. Perhaps in this process some Hindus may become temporarily over assertive but that is better than being overly passive. The present crisis in the world today, and in India, demands action both inwardly and outwardly. Let us all rise to the occasion and bring the light of Truth and Self-realization into the world.

- David Frawley

I think Hindus should be more aggressive and rewrite the history of India and Hinduism according to the OIT and should show to the whole world that India was the cradle of world civilization and not Greece. Seeing the attitude, passivity and sickular nature of certain Hindus I will not be surprised if Hinduism becomes extinct after 100 years as Stephen Knapp says.

Hindus must unite or face extinction

Hindus should criticize any bias made by scholars, philosophers, indologists, scientists and archeologists and need to defend their religion against such biases. Hindus should enforce Hindu creation theories especially the dualistic theories of mind and body into school curriculum just like Christians want to introduce Intelligent design in public schools.

Hindus in western countries should raise their voice to make people aware that Yoga is a part of Hindu tradition and should not allow any leniency in either its interpretation or its practises. Its a shame that people like David Frawley and Stephen Knapp who are not born Hindus have to open the eyes of the Hindus.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think Hindus should be more aggressive and rewrite the history of India and Hinduism according to the OIT and should show to the whole world that India was the cradle of world civilization and not Greece.

Hindus should enforce Hindu creation theories especially the dualistic theories of mind and body into school curriculum just like Christians want to introduce Intelligent design in public schools.
History is written according to evidence available. The Aryan question is not yet settled and at present is inclined towards AIT/AMT. There were many cradles of civilizations apart from India, Egypt, Sumer, China, even Europe - Vinca, Minoan.

Enforce! Hinduism has not descended to that low level till now. And why dualistic theories, why not non-dualist theories? If there are such backward people who include intelligent design in school curricula, why should Hindus imitate them? Humans arrived through evolution over billions of years. It is not the act of any God or an Adam.

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

I would love to see some more aggressive Hindus

You guys could have like, death matches and stuff. Kind-of-the-Hill type sporting events where the winner gets to eat a whole head of lettuce, or something.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
History is written according to evidence available. The Aryan question is not yet settled and at present is inclined towards AIT/AMT.
AIT theory is dead. But again sometime it's hard to move on next when you firmly believe on first.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is history repeating itself. About every 6 months on this forum AIT comes up, and various people point out how false it is, and one person maintains it's still true. 50 million scholars of the best quality available could say it's false but that one person would still maintain it's true history. My advice is to not waste your time.

As for being aggressive, many are. I prefer assertive, and indeed many are. The shift is on, and that shows in the recent Indian elections, and elsewhere. Hindusm isn't going to die of any time soon. I'm certainly not worried.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
This is history repeating itself. About every 6 months on this forum AIT comes up, and various people point out how false it is, and one person maintains it's still true. 50 million scholars of the best quality available could say it's false but that one person would still maintain it's true history. My advice is to not waste your time.
Right as always :D

Maya3

How about we are just ourselves, but dispel misconceptions about us when we see them.

Being aggressive is never a good solution to anything.

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
AIT theory is dead. But again sometime it's hard to move on next when you firmly believe on first.
Yes, people believe in many strange things, even cold fusion. You believe in OIT (Out of India Theory), why should I be surprised?

Pleroma

philalethist
History is written according to evidence available. The Aryan question is not yet settled and at present is inclined towards AIT/AMT. There were many cradles of civilizations apart from India, Egypt, Sumer, China, even Europe - Vinca, Minoan.

Foolish bollocks!

You have not studied the Vedas and do not know a damn about the traditional interpretation of the Indian Acharyas.

Enforce! Hinduism has not descended to that low level till now. And why dualistic theories, why not non-dualist theories?

For your kind information according to the Hindu darshanas whether you take Advaita or Samkhya the mind and brain are two different things. This is the Yoga philosophy, there are chakras, prana, subtle body, mind etc. Your stupid scientists and doctors do not know about this. Go and tell this to your ignorant western academy.

If there are such backward people who include intelligent design in school curricula, why should Hindus imitate them?

They are not backward people, brilliant geneticists and molecular biologists have started to believe in Intelligent design. Hinduism believes in creation like other religions and we have to present our version of creationism in schools.

Humans arrived through evolution over billions of years. It is not the act of any God or an Adam.

Wrong, first came consciousness and then Big Bang and evolution occurred. Ours is a brain in a vat or a Matrix kind of argument. The moon doesn't exist when no one is looking at it. Go and tell this to your foolish western academy.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Hindus are more threatened by Islamic extremists and the far (bizarre) left then any imagined threat demanding "aggression" from AIT proponents, OIT, VIP, anti-AIT and so on.

All the later doesn't ruffle my feathers and certainly does not demand "aggression". Most discussions these days either occur in academcia or among Hindus themselves (more so the later, actually) and neither are battlefields.

But in the first example of Islamic extremism, yes Hindus will be aggressive if necessary. In fact, they are great warriors if it really comes down to that. These other things are just not front page headlines, sorry. I have no problem with aggression in some circumstances if unavoidable, but get our priorities straight in the "be here now" and deal with reality in it's own terms. This can change over time, and from time to time, I have other priorities as a Hindu right now with concerns about very real aggressors who want to exterminate my people, and also worried about ebola breaking out in Kolkatta or Mumbai. I don't get "aggressive" about AIT or anti-AIT or OIT or xyT. The T stands for theory anyway, not Tyranny.

Gopesh

Gopesh
I think Hindus should be more aggressive and rewrite the history of India and Hinduism according to the OIT and should show to the whole world that India was the cradle of world civilization and not Greece. Seeing the attitude, passivity and sickular nature of certain Hindus I will not be surprised if Hinduism becomes extinct after 100 years as Stephen Knapp says.

Hindus must unite or face extinction

Hindus should criticize any bias made by scholars, philosophers, indologists, scientists and archeologists and need to defend their religion against such biases. Hindus should enforce Hindu creation theories especially the dualistic theories of mind and body into school curriculum just like Christians want to introduce Intelligent design in public schools.

Hindus in western countries should raise their voice to make people aware that Yoga is a part of Hindu tradition and should not allow any leniency in either its interpretation or its practises. Its a shame that people like David Frawley and Stephen Knapp who are not born Hindus have to open the eyes of the Hindus.

In all honesty, I believe that the perception of Hinduism stems from a decline in Hindu practice from Hindus. Hindus today know very little about their religion's teachings and fewer still know about their religion's texts. In fact, modern Hindus rely on TV serials (which are incredibly inaccurate) to form beliefs. The youngsters have turned to becoming ashamed of their religion and adopting Western practices and tamsik foods. How many Hindus have a janeu sanskar? How many Hindus have a shikha? How many Hindus even know that Hinduism has one God? All this considered, I find it strange to hear "Should Hindus be more aggressive?" for people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It seems people don't even understand that their beliefs are being mocked. To make a Western Hindu stumble, you need only ask "Why do you worship cows?" or "How many Gods do you believe in?". So, before we even entertain the idea (which I don't agree with totally) that Hindus should be more aggressive, we should consider the fact that, collectively, Hindus don't have the knowledge to counter aggression or be aggressive.

"Why is this so?" I hear you ask in this weirdly vivid imagination I am having. Well, for the answer to that question, you simply need to think about beliefs our beliefs. The symptoms aforementioned can only produce a diagnosis which reads "Kali Yuga." I believe we shouldn't be more aggressive as this decline is simply a product of the Kali Yuga and we should leave the combat of that to God. Hinduism is a fallible version of Sanatan Dharma which is, the eternal truth. As individuals, we can only hope to use the means at our disposal to worship God as best we can. Find an idea of God that appeals to us and dedicate our lives to worshipping that idea of God be it Krishna, Allah, Jesus or your next door neighbour. I will concede it does make me sad that in India, Gau Hathya is not a crime and the Ramcharitmanas is not the Rashtra granth. If India was to be secular then why the partition - forgive me, that is another matter altogether (one which I am happy to discuss also). I suppose this is a symptom of the Kali Yuga also and, as a teenage Brahmin living in London, I suppose my opinion is not as respected as some of the more learned contributors to this forum.
Apologies for this molar-crushingly frustrating and yawn-invitingly long post. Jai Shri Ram.

Maya3

In all honesty, I believe that the perception of Hinduism stems from a decline in Hindu practice from Hindus. Hindus today know very little about their religion's teachings and fewer still know about their religion's texts. In fact, modern Hindus rely on TV serials (which are incredibly inaccurate) to form beliefs. The youngsters have turned to becoming ashamed of their religion and adopting Western practices and tamsik foods. How many Hindus have a janeu sanskar? How many Hindus have a shikha? How many Hindus even know that Hinduism has one God? All this considered, I find it strange to hear "Should Hindus be more aggressive?" for people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It seems people don't even understand that their beliefs are being mocked. To make a Western Hindu stumble, you need only ask "Why do you worship cows?" or "How many Gods do you believe in?". So, before we even entertain the idea (which I don't agree with totally) that Hindus should be more aggressive, we should consider the fact that, collectively, Hindus don't have the knowledge to counter aggression or be aggressive.

"Why is this so?" I hear you ask in this weirdly vivid imagination I am having. Well, for the answer to that question, you simply need to think about beliefs our beliefs. The symptoms aforementioned can only produce a diagnosis which reads "Kali Yuga." I believe we shouldn't be more aggressive as this decline is simply a product of the Kali Yuga and we should leave the combat of that to God. Hinduism is a fallible version of Sanatan Dharma which is, the eternal truth. As individuals, we can only hope to use the means at our disposal to worship God as best we can. Find an idea of God that appeals to us and dedicate our lives to worshipping that idea of God be it Krishna, Allah, Jesus or your next door neighbour. I will concede it does make me sad that in India, Gau Hathya is not a crime and the Ramcharitmanas is not the Rashtra granth. If India was to be secular then why the partition - forgive me, that is another matter altogether (one which I am happy to discuss also). I suppose this is a symptom of the Kali Yuga also and, as a teenage Brahmin living in London, I suppose my opinion is not as respected as some of the more learned contributors to this forum.
Apologies for this molar-crushingly frustrating and yawn-invitingly long post. Jai Shri Ram.

You are a teenager? I´m impressed.

Here in the US the Hindu American Foundation is trying to educate a lot and I think they do a good job. Do you have something similar in England?

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I suppose this is a symptom of the Kali Yuga also and, as a teenage Brahmin living in London, I suppose my opinion is not as respected as some of the more learned contributors to this forum.
Well, in this one post you have shown that you have the capacity to learn and as you grow older, you would have something more important to say. Welcome to the forum and my congratulations for your post. Hinduism has survived many difficult situations and is vigorous even today. In words of (Allama) Mohammad Iqbal, the national poet of Pakistan:

"Yunan-o-misr-o-roma sab mit gaye jahan se, ab tak magar hai baki naam-o-nishan hamara;
kuchh baat hai ke hasti mit’ti nahin hamari, sadiyon raha hai dushman daur-e-zaman hamara.
Sare jahan se achha Hindostan Hamara"

(the empires of) Greece, Egypt, Rome, all have been erased from the world, but even now our name and presence survives;
there is something that our prowess has not been erased, though the times have been against us for centuries.
Our India is better than the whole world.)

Calmly confident. I do not need to be aggressive.

Modi Rally
namoinpatna2_20131027.jpg

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram pleroma ji
I think Hindus should be more aggressive and rewrite the history of India and Hinduism according to the OIT and should show to the whole world that India was the cradle of world civilization and not Greece.

prehaps rather than agressive , ... we should be informed and gently persuesive !

after all fire is not fought with fire !

you canot enforce ! ...the glory of Hinduism lay in the understanding of Dharma , ....the duty of the family to study and educate their own young with love and pride in their faith , ....

they may not have been born Hindu , ...but they were born to be Hindu , ...and if you appreciate the likes of Stephen Knapp ...Sri Nandanandana dasa , ...remember that he is a deciple of Srila Prabhupada , ...and remember the great service to vedic knowledge that he and many of his deciples have done .
but contemplate also that all he accheived in one lifetime was done through his emense love and sence of 'Duty ' .