• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

shemhamforash?

jasonwill2

I've found myself yelling this out lately, but I admit I do not know what it really means.

I've heard two different things:

1) a lingustic perversion of 72 letter variant of Yahweh's name.

2) Shem, Ham, and Forash's names smashed together.

But why is Shem Ham and Forash Satanically important? What the hell am I really saying? Ain't they the sons of Noah or something???

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As I understand it from reading Dr. Michael A. Aquino's "The Church of Satan" the Word "Shemhamforash"= the Word uttered by God that initiates the obliteration of the Universe.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

jasonwill2

wait, as in destruction?

0.0 Then on my other topic when I started screaming "Shemhamforash" and then "In Nomine Satana!" I was actually saying "Destroy the Universe in the name of Satan"?

Wait, what? What's the purpose of uttering it then? I know LaVeyans do it in their rituals, but the Satanic Bible never quite explained the reason behind it.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I think the intent is to symbolically destroy the existing Universe and to re-create it in accordance with the Satanic Will.

jasonwill2

Well that is comforting, kinda... my internet should cut out about now, the Library only allows four hours online. Be back in a week probably lol.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Perhaps a better understanding of the LeVayan Satanic magical statement "Shemhamforash, Hail Satan", is a symbolic statement celebrating the deliberate disruption of the Cosmic Stasis through the manifestation(s) of the Satanic Will during ritual magic.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

jasonwill2

Well I just performed a LaVeyan ritual because I wanted to go with a more tried and true format. I didn't greet the four princes of hell because I couldn't figure out the cardinal directions for my house. And I did mess up in a few spots.

Lot's of Shemhamforash's were said though.

jasonwill2

lol i forgot about wikipedia.

apparently it can be used to summon 72 demons or 72 angels. If I remember from my research of the Lesser Key of Solomon 72 demons rule the legions of hell...