• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaw Family supports Trump

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Jamiel Shaw II was murdered some years ago, by an illegal alien. The family, along with other victims' families, met with and held a news conference with Donald Trump:

Slain Football Player Jamiel Shaw’s Father: Donald Trump ‘Is Telling the Truth’ on Immigration | KTLA

[From the report]

Shaw died at age 17 in a 2008 shooting near his Arlington Heights home when gang member Pedro Espinoza mistook him for a rival gang member because of the victim’s red Spider-Man backpack.

Espinoza, who was in the country illegally, was in 2012 sentenced to death for the murder. He had jumped out of a vehicle, shot Shaw in the stomach and then fired a second execution-style shot in his head.

Shaw was a running back at Los Angeles High School and had been named the Southern League’s most valuable player. He reportedly drew interest from Stanford and Rutgers universities.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Jamiel Shaw II was murdered some years ago, by an illegal alien. The family met with and held a news conference with Donald Trump:
Sorry, but the Shaw family are ignorant Trump chumps.

Anyone who believes that some vague "they" in Mexico are sending people is an idiot. We, the USA, entice them to come. And we don't screen them as a general rule. So we are just as likely to get a murderous drug dealer as a young father trying to do better for his family. This is entirely a result of our policies, not Mexican policies.

Tom

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Remarkably cold, callous and unfeeling responses. Just political. The fact that several families had their beloveds murdered by illegals is not worthy of sympathy by columbus & angellous.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Remarkably cold, callous and unfeeling responses. Just political. The fact that several families had their beloveds murdered by illegals is not worthy of sympathy by columbus & angellous.
any more then others sympathize with the plight of our neighbors to the south.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It has to do with Trump's comment that the Mexican government is "forcing" drugs and violence into America. When the Shaw family says that Trump is right, they are agreeing with a man has stated he believes the Mexican government is actively working to force criminals to come to America, that American crime and drug problems come from Mexico, and it's all one big conspiracy (Trump also claims he doesn't know where Obama was born).

A

angellous_evangellous

It's a shame that Trump and the victim's family use the murder as justification for racism.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The OP wasn't about a seven year old tragedy. It was about Trump taking a "blame the victim" approach to a huge problem. What makes it really slimy is that, as a member of the super rich, he benefits enormously from the current policies that do so much damage.
A big part of the reason that USA wage earners struggle while the billionaires get even richer is the pool of cheap labor with no rights.
The Shaw family is pimping the murder on his behalf. I'm sure Trump can show them his feelings with money, and they don't need my sympathy.
Tom

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Since I wrote the OP I know what it was about. It was about what the reaction would be from the political minds here to a billionaire supporting much appreciative families whose members were murdered by illegals. Not being psychic like some here, I cannot plumb motives of the families or Trump.
So far the reaction is what I feared, but hoped would not happen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Since I wrote the OP I know what it was about. It was about what the reaction would be from the political minds here to a billionaire supporting much appreciative families whose members were murdered by illegals. Not being psychic like some here, I cannot plumb motives of the families or Trump.
So you feared that people would criticize the family for agreeing with someone who blames Mexico and Mexicans for violence and drug problems in America, someone who makes it all out to be a conspiracy? Someone who still insist Obama isn't American? Someone who is extremely hypocritical when it comes to their stance on the Chinese (specifically, exploited workers when he himself supports the exploitation yet screams they are a threat)?
I don't think anyone here is saying what happened to the family wasn't a tragedy. But agreeing with bigoted comments from someone who resorts to fear mongering isn't exactly a great thing itself.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
One thing that happened was I pointed out why I see this as a sleazy political candidate renting a tragedy to get media attention for one of his lies.
One thing that hasn't happened is you giving me or anyone a reason to think that is an inaccurate assessment.
Trump is lying and the Shaws are helping.
Tom

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Hold on a sec.. you started this thread to try and make the people who dislike Trump & his candidacy look like heartless ******** for not showing appropriate consideration for a family who had lost someone to murder?

..that doesn't show you in the best possible light, either, if you think about it.

You could have phrased it "bereaved family unfortunately susceptible to confirmation bias in their support of racist bigot", for example.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Did you mean to be ironic here? Because if you did, it came superbly.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That makes no sense. Unless the article is slandering Trump outright, the guy is an idiot hate-monger, an incompetent manipulator who deserves no attention.

Wirey

Fartist

Several families had their beloveds murdered by legal gun owners as well. Let's outlaw legal gun ownership, too. Guess which one kills more people, and we'll start on that one first, as long as you're being so solicitous of the feelings of the families of murder victims.