• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shame on Islam! Shame! Shame!

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
I don't deny that Baha'i faith has it's roots in islam by a way or another but the point i was trying to make that, it's not the case as Christinaity to Juadism and one of the reasons is that, the Torah doesn't contradict with the Injil in the main doctrine (i.e. the 10 commandment).

Baha'u'llah's writings don't contradict with that main doctrine either. I really don't expect the 10 commandments to be abrogated by any Prophet real soon.

OK, so now I'm even more curious...what is a main doctrine in the Injil and Torah and Qu'ran that you think is contradicted in our Book?

Please don't take that as a challenge. It's just that if there were something contradictory that I missed, I truly would want to know. And also, I'm just interested in what you think. I may not respond directly to your posts that much, but I do read most of them.

BTW, i have no idea what did you mean by mentioning that it's better to be heretics of Islam, not heretics of Taoism or Wicca or Shinto? :sarcastic

I think there's a misunderstand here, Truth. I don't think it's better to be a heretic of anything. I was just saying that if, in fact, we are heretics, we are heretics of Islam, and not those other things I listed. I was just pointing out the roots of our religion, which it seems you acknowledge anyway (and I misunderstood you on that earlier, but that's cleared up now).

Actually, I think it would be a very bad thing to be a heretic of Islam, but that's because I believe that Islam is true, from God, as delivered by His Messenger Muhammad (pbuh).

But clearly there are going to be some things we disagree on. It seems inevitable. I mean, if that were not so, either I would be a Muslim, or you would be a Baha'i.

I don't see a problem with that, as long as we are seeking out God with all sincerity and with as much obedience as we may, God will not let us down.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Booko said:
OK, so now I'm even more curious...what is a main doctrine in the Injil and Torah and Qu'ran that you think is contradicted in our Book?

Dear Booko, don't misunderstand me, we all say God is one, but i said there are contradictions between Islam and Bah'i faith but not between Baha'i with all Abrahamic beliefs. Just calm down i didn't mean to offend anybody. :hug:

It's just that if there were something contradictory that I missed, I truly would want to know. And also, I'm just interested in what you think. I may not respond directly to your posts that much, but I do read most of them.

Thank you for your understanding and for your care. Just one thing, prophet Mohammed said no prophet after me and Baha'i faith says yes there are many every 1000 years i guess. There are many things which i was discussing with my friend popey sometimes and when we disagree on somthing we leave it for Allah to decide but not us.

I think there's a misunderstand here, Truth. I don't think it's better to be a heretic of anything. I was just saying that if, in fact, we are heretics, we are heretics of Islam, and not those other things I listed. I was just pointing out the roots of our religion, which it seems you acknowledge anyway (and I misunderstood you on that earlier, but that's cleared up now).

Understood .. :)

Actually, I think it would be a very bad thing to be a heretic of Islam, but that's because I believe that Islam is true, from God, as delivered by His Messenger Muhammad (pbuh).

But clearly there are going to be some things we disagree on. It seems inevitable. I mean, if that were not so, either I would be a Muslim, or you would be a Baha'i.

Do you think prophet Mohammed didn't complete the religion so we need more all the time?

I don't see a problem with that, as long as we are seeking out God with all sincerity and with as much obedience as we may, God will not let us down.

Amen ... :shout

Popeyesays

"Do you think prophet Mohammed didn't complete the religion so we need more all the time?:

Dear Truth,

How have you been? We haven't been posting in the same topics lately. I hope everything is well with you and yours.

I think your comment is dead on. Baha`u'llah says the Revelation of God will never end, and I always tended to agree with that even before I knew about the Baha`i Faith.

Surely this is just what the Sanhedrin said against the Christ.

"How can the hand of Him Who is the King in truth, Who caused the countenance of Moses to be made manifest, and conferred upon Him the robe of Prophethood -- how can the hand of such a One be chained and fettered? How can He be conceived as powerless to raise up yet another Messenger after Moses? Behold the absurdity of 137 their saying; how far it hath strayed from the path of knowledge and understanding! Observe how in this day also, all these people have occupied themselves with such foolish absurdities. For over a thousand years they have been reciting this verse, and unwittingly pronouncing their censure against the Jews, utterly unaware that they themselves, openly and privily, are voicing the sentiments and belief of the Jewish people! Thou art surely aware of their idle contention, that all Revelation is ended, that the portals of Divine mercy are closed, that from the day-springs of eternal holiness no sun shall rise again, that the Ocean of everlasting bounty is forever stilled, and that out of the Tabernacle of ancient glory the Messengers of God have ceased to be made manifest."
(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 136)

Regards,
Scott

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
Dear Booko, don't misunderstand me, we all say God is one, but i said there are contradictions between Islam and Bah'i faith but not between Baha'i with all Abrahamic beliefs. Just calm down i didn't mean to offend anybody. :hug:

Oh, I'm sorry if I wrote anything to imply that I wasn't calm or that I was offended. I wasn't offended by anything you wrote.

Thank you for your understanding and for your care. Just one thing, prophet Mohammed said no prophet after me and Baha'i faith says yes there are many every 1000 years i guess. There are many things which i was discussing with my friend popey sometimes and when we disagree on somthing we leave it for Allah to decide but not us.

Yes, I recall seeing you and Popeye exchanging on that topic in another area here. I thought it was a very informative thread.

Do you think prophet Mohammed didn't complete the religion so we need more all the time?

I'm not sure I understand the question right. Are you asking if I think there's anything incomplete about Islam? If that's the question, then, no, I don't think it's incomplete. There's nothing imperfect about what Muhammad taught. The core of God's religion is timeless.

But just as humanity has grown a bit from the days of Noah and Moses, it's continued to grow, and it's grown precisely *because* God is kind enough to send us Messengers to teach us.

The issues that faced the early followers of Muhammad are not entirely the issues that face us today. There are not many idol-worshippers in the world today, as there were then, and there is far more acceptance of the idea that there is only one God. We do not leave girl infants out to die of exposure. These are just a couple of examples. The fact that we do not face these issues today does not make Islam irrelevant. If anything, it is a testimony to the power of the Message Muhammad brought us.

At that time we also did not face the choice we have today, where we either destroy ourselves and the Earth God gave us, or we finally realize that there is only one humanity and one God, to Whom We All Return. We either chose the path of peace on a global scale, well, or else.

Some issues are always with us, of course. How to be kind to each other is something we always need to work on. How to grow spiritually through obedience to God is another thing that will always be with us.

I hope this answers your question?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Popeyesays said:
How have you been? We haven't been posting in the same topics lately. I hope everything is well with you and yours.

I'm fine, Thanks dear Popey, I hope you are too. :)

I think your comment is dead on. Baha`u'llah says the Revelation of God will never end, and I always tended to agree with that even before I knew about the Baha`i Faith.

Indeed, i agree with you that God wouldn't leave us after Mohammed "peace be upon him" without anyone who can hold the message and renew it when people forget with the time and the circumstances and events around us change.

It's so clear from this hadith,

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion for it. (Book #37, Hadith #4278) "Sunan Abudawud".

We believe that God will send someone every hundered years to renovate the SAME message which is Islam but definitely, they will not be prophets because prophet Moahmmed already said that no prophet after him and there are many hadiths about that in that particular thread in the Bah'i faith which we were discussing at.

Thanks for your post dear Poepy ... :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Booko said:
I'm not sure I understand the question right. Are you asking if I think there's anything incomplete about Islam? If that's the question, then, no, I don't think it's incomplete. There's nothing imperfect about what Muhammad taught. The core of God's religion is timeless.

So, that means, you believe islam is complete and also you believe that the core of God's religion is timeless, so we have nothing here to disagree with because we already know that God will send people to renew the religion as i stated in my pervious post in that hadith.

Thanks for you posts, Peace ... :)