• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shame on every Christian in Texas who

john313

warrior-poet
Dr. Khan said:
:D :biglaugh: You are so funny
you should try reading some history besides what was written by Paul. you will find in the Dead Sea Scrolls that Paul had James(the one who Jesus told his followers to go to after he was gone) killed, and much much more.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I just think he should read HISTORY, as in a HISTORY book. Any book ... a book other than the bible for once and then perhaps he will learn something about the rest of the world.

I realize I am probably sounding mean about now...but, sorry, irked a little.:banghead3

SK2005

Saint in training
Okay, so I'd rather vote for Kerry, a 'Catholic' who is okay with abortion. Okay, sounds good.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Khan

Draka said:
I just think he should read HISTORY, as in a HISTORY book. Any book ... a book other than the bible for once and then perhaps he will learn something about the rest of the world.

I realize I am probably sounding mean about now...but, sorry, irked a little.:banghead3
I understand your frustrations, it's just that I havent read the bible since 1992 and it's still coming up. I got a gusher on my hands, it's that black gold, that texas tea, I'm just waiting for aunt pearl to tell me to move to beverly hills. I'm that stupid. :D but seriously wisdom is better than inteligence from the world. I mean can the world ever tell me to order all the ants in the world to mecca to lay seige to it and tear down the confidence in islam.

Dr. Khan

SK2005 said:
Okay, so I'd rather vote for Kerry, a 'Catholic' who is okay with abortion. Okay, sounds good.

:rolleyes:

The best way for christians to rid the land of abortions is to (the entire religious right to practice like they believe in God by asking him to change the heart of all our young women in the land that they would never consider an abortion.) If they would have spent fifteen minutes after church on sunday in prayer together on this issue instead of racing off to eat, filling their faces with what they (love the best)in the last thirty years the issue may have already been resolved. but by seekin to use the law against their neighbor to stop them from doing what they believe is wrong, is a great demonstration of love. Don't you think ? Even though that neighbor is grown and have a right to their opinion as well. When you meet an advasary consider his right to make up his own mind. He might agree with you one day. This life that we live here in this world is not permanant, should not be loved above that which is to come. I hear the religious right crying and what they are crying for.... this life. If you are the seed of Abraham you should know that we have all eternity now and the time we live in this world is an oppurtunity to become aquainted with our Heavenly Father till He come. Now by your histerics I question is you know him as much as you say. God is a God of peace and comfort. You should be finding rest unto your souls, knowing that we can do much more through the powers of the kingdom of Heaven than we can through the flesh.

We beat the nazis' in ww2 Then came the communists, we outlasted their evil empire
now we must fight for the minds of 1billion muslims, and we ain't gone to by polarizing the nation. we must be of one mind and one accord and just maybe do something special never been done before like win the whole world to Jesus in one day.:D We can do it...:woohoo:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Dr. Khan said:
but seriously wisdom is better than inteligence from the world. I mean can the world ever tell me to order all the ants in the world to mecca to lay seige to it and tear down the confidence in islam.
Are you claiming to be wise and not intelligent? True wisdom come from learning, not only your own beliefs, but others as well and that cannot be done without opening your mind to the rest of the world and the people in it. "True wisdom comes with knowing that you know nothing" The reason for that statement is simple...once you realize that you do not know all you are free to learn anything and everything. One must first rid themselves of their preconceptions first though. Open your mind to the wisdom that can be found in all religions...for none are really that different. As a matter of fact, most religions are very much the same...they just have different names for the same archetypes present in their corresponding mythologies. For your information, Christianity, being one of the youngest religions on this planet, has taken many of its morals, traditions, and mythological stories from older religions. None are THAT different. In fact, there are far more similarities than there are differences.

I make the comment about your reading other books simply because almost EVERY post you make is quoting or paraphrasing the bible. It seems to me you have no other reasoning for your positions other than one book. I look for a sign of personal enlightenment on your part and have not yet seen one. I truly hope you are more open minded than you portray yourself to be, but I am afraid of the opposite.

Augustine

True wisdom comes from Christ, and the reading of His Word. Only then can the clouding sin has caused on our human reasoning to be lifted just a little bit so that we can see just a little more clearly. The Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith. It is the only source of Christian law given to us from God. If you throw it out the window; you throw Christianity out of the window. As to Christianity being a young religion; put very simply LOL. Christianity is the first religion, the only true religion. All theology is Christology, and Christ is promised to Adam and Eve right after they sinned in the garden. Give me your older religions. The false ones that claim to be dated before Christianity.

Dr. Khan

Draka said:
Are you claiming to be wise and not intelligent? True wisdom come from learning, not only your own beliefs, but others as well and that cannot be done without opening your mind to the rest of the world and the people in it. "True wisdom comes with knowing that you know nothing" The reason for that statement is simple...once you realize that you do not know all you are free to learn anything and everything. One must first rid themselves of their preconceptions first though. Open your mind to the wisdom that can be found in all religions...for none are really that different. As a matter of fact, most religions are very much the same...they just have different names for the same archetypes present in their corresponding mythologies. For your information, Christianity, being one of the youngest religions on this planet, has taken many of its morals, traditions, and mythological stories from older religions. None are THAT different. In fact, there are far more similarities than there are differences.

I make the comment about your reading other books simply because almost EVERY post you make is quoting or paraphrasing the bible. It seems to me you have no other reasoning for your positions other than one book. I look for a sign of personal enlightenment on your part and have not yet seen one. I truly hope you are more open minded than you portray yourself to be, but I am afraid of the opposite.

I seem to always find your responses to my posts refreshing.:D
You've got to understand this one thing all my posts come from knowledge, of Jesus Christ (the present) he is a living witness to me. He being everything that is written of him demands my complete devotion and loyalty ;I live and breathe Jesus. He called
me alone and blessed me as he did our Father Abraham.
Jesus is the wisdom of God and in proverbs eight I learned that this wisdom rejoices before God, and so do I. I rejoice for the things that I see in Jesus. Now I see these things through the eye of faith which is given to me.
I'm a gusher and I know it. Christ lives in me, and I know this by experience. I know him to be every thing that the bible says. And if he is..... then all the others are not the real thing for He said "all power in heaven and earth is given to me." :tsk:

john313

warrior-poet
Augustine said:
True wisdom comes from Christ, and the reading of His Word. Only then can the clouding sin has caused on our human reasoning to be lifted just a little bit so that we can see just a little more clearly. The Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith. It is the only source of Christian law given to us from God. If you throw it out the window; you throw Christianity out of the window. As to Christianity being a young religion; put very simply LOL. Christianity is the first religion, the only true religion. All theology is Christology, and Christ is promised to Adam and Eve right after they sinned in the garden. Give me your older religions. The false ones that claim to be dated before Christianity.
you are aware that the bible has several prophecies of Muhammad right? and that christianity was developed by Paul of Tarsus, the "spouter of lies". I would recommend a book called "The Dead Sea Scrolls and the First Christians" by Robert Eisenman for you. it tells of the real first christians as told in unaltered historical scrolls rather than the letters of a liar, murderer, and thief.
when the pharisees came to see John in the wilderness they asked if he was Elijah, the messiah, or the prophet. we know he was Elijah, and we know Jesus to be the messiah, that leaves the prophet to be......that's right, its Muhammad. Jesus also said there would be a comforter(christians incorrectly interpret this as the holy ghost) after him who would not speak of himself, but what he hears, that is exactly what Muhammad did.there is another one of the prophet coming with a fiery religious law, i think it is in Isaiah, but i can't remember for sure.

john313

warrior-poet
Dr. Khan said:
I'm a gusher and I know it. Christ lives in me, and I know this by experience.
Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. -Matthew 24:23-24

t3gah

It's a good thing that I'm not a Texan anymore after living there for over 7 years because the world is now seeing how Texan's truly are.

And it's also a good thing that I don't vote anymore because it seems that anyone can get elected twice for President no matter how many registered voters there are.

My advice mister khan if you live in Tejas is to move before you get gunned down by some grandmother that's packin a piece!

And for those who do not know.... in Texas all you need is a drivers license to carry a gun in Austin and Houston. Don't know about the rest of the cities and don't wanna know either now that I'm a "yankee" again!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
t3gah said:
It's a good thing that I'm not a Texan anymore after living there for over 7 years because the world is now seeing how Texan's truly are.

And it's also a good thing that I don't vote anymore because it seems that anyone can get elected twice for President no matter how many registered voters there are.

My advice mister khan if you live in Tejas is to move before you get gunned down by some grandmother that's packin a piece!

And for those who do not know.... in Texas all you need is a drivers license to carry a gun in Austin and Houston. Don't know about the rest of the cities and don't wanna know either now that I'm a "yankee" again!
I'm not sure I should have any input in this, not being a USofA resident.
However, I think that people who vote (Whichever way they vote) do so for the best possible reasons (Oh yes, I have faith in human nature). If they voted for the 'wrong guy', it is not out of stupidity, or malice - it just goes to show what good confidence tricksters polititians are.

Do not feel ashamed for having being duped; the sin and the shame lies with the 'duper' (I don't think that's a word, but it will serve it's purpose) not the duped.:)

Green Man

Dr. Khan said:
Voted for GWBush for president myself included. We should have been able to see and indeed I did see and was still deceived by the religious rhetirec of the religious right.
:tsk: Hypocrites elected a hypocrite to be president twice.
Our first clue should have been when Karla Faye Tucker executed in Texas when He was governer of the great State O Texas. He had (the power) a chance to grant her clemency and commute her sentence to life in prison. Her life was in his hands and he gave her up.
For those who don't know or remember, Karla faye Tucker is the pick axe murderer. She being high and insane by drug use, killed a pair in bed with a pick axe. :D She was converted to Christ Jesus according to reports. And was transformed on death row and If I'm not mistaken was in ministry and in the testimony of the Lord. The glory of God being revealed in her life. As her day with death approached her fame and renown began to grow. It was appearant that the character which killed the couple in bed was no longer there, Just the testimony of Jesus. :tsk: This Bush cut off by allowing the law to slay her who was a new creature in Christ. He therefore cut off Jesus; by denying her a life sentence which is what Jesus gives us when we receive him into our lives, he clearly demonstrates that he like cain will condemn the innocent, and kill that which is holy: He will sign a measure which may prolong the life of Terry Schiavo which I am not against;but I am informed that the measure may well be unconstitutional. Do you see the difference; when he had a chance to honor Jesus in Karla he turns his back on that which is holy and cuts it off. But now before a national audience he will break the law for someone who has only a glimmer of hope, only a spectre of a chance to glorify Jesus by getting off her bed and going home because I have seen no servant of the lord step up to the plate and represent Jesus in the form where she is restored whole,
Completely healed.
Those of us who witnessed this first hand, mainly the people in the state of Texas are therefore guilty of not recognizing the nature of satan in him for only satan would kill or cut off the testimony of the Lord Jesus. :bonk: we are responsible for the honour and glory and praise and the blessing of the name of Jesus. We praise God for that which is Good. And when a person like Karla Faye Tucker wants to spend the rest of her life in prison praising God we should ablige her. If she was faking we being Christian would have mercy on her, for this is always our nature. mercy. This we did not see in Gw Bush, In this is his true nature revealed. Oppurtunity to use the law on Jesus' behalf, without breaking the law. No Christian will kill his brother; we are not allowed to even kill our enemies. Does anyone have any idea what the mark of the beast is yet?
According to my knowledge it's already been here, for a long time. If this is true what seat (throne) would satan create or establish for himself to occupy so that he might make all nations to worship him?

If I was sitting on death row awaiting execution,I would tell the world I was homosexual and then prove it on national television if it would get me off death row.You can't trust anything a person in that position says.

Green Man

john313 said:
you are aware that the bible has several prophecies of Muhammad right? and that christianity was developed by Paul of Tarsus, the "spouter of lies". I would recommend a book called "The Dead Sea Scrolls and the First Christians" by Robert Eisenman for you. it tells of the real first christians as told in unaltered historical scrolls rather than the letters of a liar, murderer, and thief.
when the pharisees came to see John in the wilderness they asked if he was Elijah, the messiah, or the prophet. we know he was Elijah, and we know Jesus to be the messiah, that leaves the prophet to be......that's right, its Muhammad. Jesus also said there would be a comforter(christians incorrectly interpret this as the holy ghost) after him who would not speak of himself, but what he hears, that is exactly what Muhammad did.there is another one of the prophet coming with a fiery religious law, i think it is in Isaiah, but i can't remember for sure.

Typical muslim garbage and lies.Amazing how muslims constantly denigrate the Bible as corrupt and contaminated,and then want to "prove"Muhammad is in there.You insist on calling Paul a liar and then take offense when it's pointed out how Muhammad was a murderer and child rapist.

Draka

Wonder Woman
All I can say right now is "WOW" this has really turned out to be quite the debate thread...me likies!

And to John 313 for quoting Matthew...BOOYAH! Frubals dear!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Augustine said:
You ask..then okay...here goes...

Christianity is only about 2000 years old and if you are referring to the Old Testement of the Jewish faith...that has been dated to 6000 or so years old. The Earth is millions of years old...do you truly think that there were no other religions on this planet before the bible came about? Evidence of Pagan deities worshiped throughout the world have been dated to about 30,000 years ago. BIG difference in time and age. Not to mention that the mythologies of these other religions have the same stories and archetypes present as Christianity had developed later...every newer religion borrows from older ones which is why there are so many similarities.

Even religious holiday traditions are "borrowed". Christmas and Easter traditions and symbols have been borrowed heavily from other faiths.

I have to go to work now, but will be back later if you want further explanations and comparisons...for I can go on for quite some time with the comparisons of archetypes and traditions between religions. See you all later.