• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shall lawmakers violated laws they made burn to death?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
If we did that, I guess Congress would be rather empty. :p

I say 'No' because presuming support for the death penalty, it should be reserved for violent criminals who have commited murder and show no signs that they can be rehabilitated.

I'm not against harsh punishment for people who violate the public trust, but I think death by fire is a bit extreme.

Booko

Deviled Hen
CaptainXeroid said:
I'm not against harsh punishment for people who violate the public trust, but I think death by fire is a bit extreme.

Sheesh, I wouldn't wish death by fire on the worst human that ever existed. :cover:

Every time I start to think how messed up our leaders are, I try to remind myself that they're really just a reflection of all of us.

Now there's a truly scary thought. :areyoucra

lunamoth

Will to love
Booko said:
Sheesh, I wouldn't wish death by fire on the worst human that ever existed. :cover:

Every time I start to think how messed up our leaders are, I try to remind myself that they're really just a reflection of all of us.

Now there's a truly scary thought. :areyoucra

And also very very true. Frubals.

luna

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
divinemission said:
Shall all United States lawmakers violated laws be burn after they violated laws they make?:yes::yes::yes:
Yes, publically. Plus they should have 'OOPS' branded on their forehead as well. I also think we should be able to throw things at them for a period not less that 45 days immediately preceeding the execution. Wardrobes, old typewriters,small briquettes, that sort of thing. Then the local scout troops can treat it as an outing and toast marshmallows over the naughty person during the execution. Not to mention, you could wrap a heap of spuds up in tinfoil, place them around the miscreant's feet, then serve them with coleslaw and cheese as sort of a post burning snack. And people say politicians are useless.
Ah DM, how I've missed you.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
divinemission said:
Shall all United States lawmakers violated laws be burn after they violated laws they make?:yes::yes::yes:
I don't believe in killing them, but I don't believe in holding their hands either.