• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexuality and mystical union

Is there a Christian denomination that sees sexuality, when moved by true love, like a religious experience?
Is there a Christian denomination that believes that sexuality, when it is combined with love, constitutes an opening to transcendence and a participation in the mystery of love of Trinitarian life?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a Christian denomination that sees sexuality, when moved by true love, like a religious experience?
Is there a Christian denomination that believes that sexuality, when it is combined with love, constitutes an opening to transcendence and a participation in the mystery of love of Trinitarian life?
It may help if you clarify you what you mean by sexuality and by transcendence. Sexuality can mean something very physical or it can refer to gender. I have heard some people say that they will still be married when they are in heaven. Some don't believe in heaven. Some believe in heaven but that no one in heaven is married. Some believe your sex doesn't apply in spiritual matters at all. I have heard several people say that marriages exist for the express purpose of representing the relationship of Jesus with his church. Others don't see it that way. I haven't heard anyone use the terminology you are using.

Also there are many Christians who don't believe in denominations. Some Christian churches are called 'Non-denominational', and many are Catholic. Catholic literally means 'Universal' which excludes the concept of a denomination.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Yes, any fundamentalist/evangelical church agrees with Paul that the closest we get to oneness with Jesus Christ - the oneness that is to be in the next life - is in the marriage bed. Paul said this! Wow.

The Bible also commands me to make love to my wife if she asks me to do so. And I enjoy obeying God's commands!