• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set and the awakened mind: the Luciferian principle

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
• is Lucifer Set
• are the Setian principles the same as Luciferian principles

Now, I do not believe either of these statements. However, are the Luciferian principles necessary for a practical Setian perspective?

@1137

And other setians

Mindmaster

Premium Member
• is Lucifer Set
• are the Setian principles the same as Luciferian principles

Now, I do not believe either of these statements. However, are the Luciferian principles necessary for a practical Setian perspective?

@1137

And other setians

Fundamental differences from my viewpoint is that Setianism is highly philosophically and academically oriented. Luciferianism typically isn't, it's practically-oriented. From the outside, I'd imagine they look the same pretty much but I feel that is the key difference.

Secondly, between the two Luciferians are really all over the place on beliefs. It's hard to say they are "like" anyone being that no two groups of them tend to agree on much other than they dig "Lucifer". (They don't even really agree on what that means.) :)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Fundamental differences from my viewpoint is that Setianism is highly philosophically and academically oriented. Luciferianism typically isn't, it's practically-oriented. From the outside, I'd imagine they look the same pretty much but I feel that is the key difference.

Secondly, between the two Luciferians are really all over the place on beliefs. It's hard to say they are "like" anyone being that no two groups of them tend to agree on much other than they dig "Lucifer". (They don't even really agree on what that means.) :)
:D got it. Good point..

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
One of the main differences between Luciferianism and Setianism is the symbolism of Light vs. Dark. In Setianism, darkness is a positive thing, one that allows for freedom and growth, whereas the solar aspects of mythology are seen as ignorant and limiting. Luciferianism has the opposite symbolism, where light represents knowledge and growth, and dark represents ignorance and stagnation. This does not mean the ideologies are opposed, and indeed both are part of the Western Left Hand Path, but the exoteric aspects of the two religions are basically reversed. This is, of course, a subjective preference and choice the individual is more than welcome to make in the Left Hand Path – whatever works best for you! Luciferianism is also mainly focused on external objective knowledge, whereas Setianism is focused on discrete individual existence.

Luciferianism is also not inherently theistic, same with "Satanism" as a whole. Many Luciferians utilize Luciferian symbolism without believing in the literal existence of metaphysical reality. This is similar to LaVeyan Satanism, but rather than a focus on carnal/material desire, the Luciferian would focus on knowledge and intellectual growth. Of course, there are also Luciferians who are theistic, both who think Lucifer is a specific being and those who believe it is a title for numerous beings. Much of theistic Luciferianism is similar to Theistic Satanism, just with more of a focus on light over darkness. Again this is simply exoteric, all three groups are aspects of the Left Hand Path.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Very true, if someone says they're a Luciferian it tells you very little about their beliefs. If someone says they're a Setian then you can more or less know precisely what they believe.