• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selling degrees in the name of God

Booko

Deviled Hen
You can improve the secular self all you want. It does not force open the door to the spiritual realm.

Nice of you to tell me about my own life, xexon. If it weren't for the study I did, I would not not found the door to the spiritual realm.

Really, I acknowledge that many people take a different route to the Divine, and if "inspiration" is yours, then I will hardly discount.

Apparently you are not so gracious as to acknowledge the same, and consider that not everyone takes your personal path to the Divine.

Personally I find that rather small-minded.

The mind can be regarded as the 800 pound gorilla in the doorway blocking your access. You have no chance of moving it through brute force.
If you're willing to look at your material absent preconceived notions, "like a child" there is no brute force in play.

You have to have the key, and this key is the product of many lifetimes of effort, not just this one life. Thats what I mean by you either have it or you don't.
Sorry, but I see no reason to believe in reincarnation.

Only a true spritual master can change this natural procession of events. He has that ability. Grace is granted to the deserving only.
This is reminscent of what my husband once called "Chevy Chase Christianity: I'm the Chosen Lamb of God -- and YOU'RE NOT!"

I see no difference between this extreme fundamentalist attitude and yours.

It is the antithesis of what I'd call spiritually enlightened.

Sorry I can't find a nicer way of saying so. :(

Show up at heaven's gate with one of these degrees, see how far you get.
You assume I thought a degree would get you there. Your mistake. I merely contend that a reliance totally on oneself has its own set of dangers, just as excessive reliance on "knowledge" does.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I am beginning to think he is rejecting his own reasoning mind out of fear.

Oh, I've no idea.

Truly, I do understand that human knowledge can be a veil between the spirit and God, but it doesn't mean it has no use at all.

It just means...tread carefully.

Besides, I was laboring under this assumption that perhaps God gave us brains for a reason. I don't know why I might assume so, but -- there it is. :)