• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Self Made Man

freethinker44

Interesting. I like social experiments like this. This woman lives undercover as a man for 18 months and her perception of men is changed forever.

What she learned:
"Men are suffering. They have different problems than women have, but they don't have it better."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thanks for posting this. I really need to read that book. I've heard about it awhile go, but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've seen this before. I had no idea how difficult my life as a doltish guy is! Wait.....my life is pretty good....I don't need so much of what she sees as important. Very interesting research she did though....kudos!

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Interesting. I like social experiments like this. This woman lives undercover as a man for 18 months and her perception of men is changed forever.

What she learned:
"Men are suffering. They have different problems than women have, but they don't have it better."

Hm, I think I may pick up a copy of that book. And two of the most interesting lines in that clip, near the very end one of the psychologists remarks that Norah's endeavour could be seen as revolutionary, but only because she is a woman (the same message from a man would be dismissed out of hand simply due to his gender). And then Norah herself says that she now enjoys being a woman more because she "thinks its more privileged".

Last edited: