• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence and Gender, Sex, and Transsexuality

siti

That isn't actually what the scientific evidence points to. For instance, female human homosexuality has more to do with environmental and social factors than genetics (male homosexuality is the other way with more genetic push and less environment).
OK - but my point was about the origin of same-sex sexual activity/attraction in nature. It is fairly obvious (I think - and I think I have expanded a little on this in later posts) that the actual expression is a product of the complex interaction of biological (brain anatomy, neurobiological...etc.) ecological (population dynamics...etc.) and social (cultural influences, upbringing...etc.) influences. But without a genetically inherited (greater or lesser) propensity (i.e. the genetic ability to produce the right balance of hormones...etc.), social and cultural influences by themselves would not turn anyone gay or prompt them to engage in same-sex sexual activity.

Geez - do you ever get the feeling that you should never have joined a particular conversation?!!

My final conclusion on the science and sexuality question: it's ****ing complicated! :D