• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific and logical evidences for the existence of God

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Apolonias

This is wrong. If science is TRUTH and the FAITH is truth, then the truth is the SAME. Therefore one can use science to back up faith. Actually, people who use the name science start off with a view, then look for evidence. Or they make predictions and seek if they are true.

Your assumption is that science and faith are on (equal) playing fields and they're not. This is your problem right here. You appear to know nothing of the scientific method but assert it can be used to substantiate your claim for evidence of your god. You have, in your statement above, the whole method completely (BAss akwards) and you would do well to educate yourself on the subject before inserting foot in mouth....:foot:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So, Jolly, when last I stepped in, you had established that it is possible that a Deist God exists. Congratulations. Now you will show that this magnificent, incomprehensible and unimaginably powerful and unknowable being who set this universe in motion, who decreed that Pi should equal 3.14..., and e = mc squared, who put the forces in motion that would result in billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, strewn across light years of utter darkness, is most concerned with a single species, in existence for the blink of any eye, that lives on the skin of a tiny speck, roughly equivalent to a subatomic particle, and is very concerned with what orifice they stick what appendage in.

You may begin any time.

I still owe responses to this thread, and I am going to do so. I was just caught up in debating in another thread. I got tangled there for a time. But I will be over here as soon as I can. I am not giving up.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
So, Jolly, when last I stepped in, you had established that it is possible that a Deist God exists. Congratulations. Now you will show that this magnificent, incomprehensible and unimaginably powerful and unknowable being who set this universe in motion, who decreed that Pi should equal 3.14..., and e = mc squared, who put the forces in motion that would result in billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, strewn across light years of utter darkness, is most concerned with a single species, in existence for the blink of any eye, that lives on the skin of a tiny speck, roughly equivalent to a subatomic particle, and is very concerned with what orifice they stick what appendage in.

You may begin any time.

Wow... This is gonna be good... :popcorn:

Skeptisch

I was just caught up in debating in another thread.
Just remember, when a reasonable person is engaged in a debate s/he presents arguments and facts and then carefully listens to the opposing side before trying to figure out the closest approximation to the truth. This can only be done in the real and natural world, the one where scientific evidence counts and the laws of nature rule.