• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science vs. Religion.

Science vs. Religion.

• Science

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Religion

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Jeremiah

I think some people may want to reread the OP. But than what would I know I am just an illiterate dumb cow.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Show me a man who says he believes in God and eternal life and also says science is the greater benefit to mankind ---- and I will show you a man who does not believe in God.

You found one. I love science- I am not a scientist, but I have read many books on the subject and studied it- my favorite being Physical Anthropology. I also love God. I can separate the two from each other.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I think some people may want to reread the OP. But than what would I know I am just an illiterate dumb cow.

We can easily say that science has done much for us. But I can also say, from the personal side, that my faith has done a lot for me, as well.

I have clinical depression. While anti-depressants help even out my body chemistry, my faith has helped me find peace of mind. That is but one example of how both helped me with the same problem.

Instead of trying to say that "mine is better than yours", try thinking "maybe there is use for both in some people's lives". Religion may not be important to you, but it is very important to a lot of us. :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So what has science done that is greater than eternal life in heaven?

Well it hasn't yet, but sooner or later, science (specifically computer science) will bring about a form of eternal life on earth, which so far as I can tell is a more interesting place.

AmbiguousGuy

'Then'. And a period after 'know'.

Make us love you. Only then may we be willing to try and unpack your, um... unusual punctuation and word usage.

Jeremiah

'Then'. And a period after 'know'.

Make us love you. Only then may we be willing to try and unpack your, um... unusual punctuation and word usage.

Whatever....

Mr. Guy, I can tell that all you want from me is to pick a fight. Sorry but I just don't care enough, find someone else.

AmbiguousGuy

Whatever....

Mr. Guy, I can tell that all you want from me is to pick a fight. Sorry but I just don't care enough, find someone else.

Actually I have no interest at all in picking a fight with you. But I haven't yet given up on what I do want from you.