• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science IS religion

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Science is supposed to be more than just belief. What the bible says is believed not because of anything science says or can deal in.
No, that is a mistranslation at best. Science did not exist during biblical days.

You really should try to learn what you are talking about. First rate boners such as that one only tell us that you do not even have a high school level of scientific literacy.

JChnsc19

Show us a test then.

Unlike the truth which cannot be found false! But make it fit their religion!

every time science claims are found wrong (often) they simply change the story to accommodate the new facts and

Well, I have not observed a common relative with a flatworm, have you? The fable is unsupportable fantasy.

My religion is not yours, so there is no science that covers mine! Yet all evidence agrees! Fossil evidence, continental drift, etc etc etc etc etc etc. A.L.L.
Show us a test then.

Unlike the truth which cannot be found false! But make it fit their religion!

every time science claims are found wrong (often) they simply change the story to accommodate the new facts and

Well, I have not observed a common relative with a flatworm, have you? The fable is unsupportable fantasy.

My religion is not yours, so there is no science that covers mine! Yet all evidence agrees! Fossil evidence, continental drift, etc etc etc etc etc etc. A.L.L.
Show us a test then? This can be found in any basic high school science classroom. I’m sure you could find a teacher to sit down & explain all this to you.

dad

Undefeated
No, that is a mistranslation at best. Science did not exist during biblical days.

You really should try to learn what you are talking about. First rate boners such as that one only tell us that you do not even have a high school level of scientific literacy.
You missed the point entirely. Then turn around with accusations. No one said science was here in genesis. What was said is that science is supposed to be more than belief.

dad

Undefeated
Show us a test then? This can be found in any basic high school science classroom. I’m sure you could find a teacher to sit down & explain all this to you.
Maybe you better strive to achieve a cohesive and clear point. What is it you think was or can be found?

JChnsc19

They have beliefs and follow and adhere to them, and base claims of how life and the world and stars got here based on them. They have teachings and prophets too!
Wow ok. Maybe I’ve been asleep for 47 years. When exactly did science declare an official position of “how life got here”, because not even Neil DeGrasse Tyson nor Stephen Hawking have posited an absolute declarative statement on this. Abiogenesis is still a hypothesis right? It hasn’t graduated to a theory yet so who is saying this??

What does scientists “adhere to beliefs” mean? What would that look like? I believe dogs are more fun than cats, but if I woke up 1 day and wanted to adopt a cat- I’d just go get a cat.

I believe gravity is real, & I could very possibly die if I jumped off a 20 story building- but yet I may still do it.

And WITH is a science prophet??

Lastly, I hafta ask- are you a po?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You missed the point entirely. Then turn around with accusations. No one said science was here in genesis. What was said is that science is supposed to be more than belief.
dad, you never have a point. And that was an observation, not an accusation. Please learn the difference.

And I need to remind you, Genesis is mythical. Just like Harry Potter.

JChnsc19

Maybe you better strive to achieve a cohesive and clear point. What is it you think was or can be found?
I’m not an evolutionary biologist, nor am I a professor of biology so although I’ve read about extensively and watched lectures, I wouldn’t want to give you any misinformation so I can only say maybe a local high school would be a good local, free place to start.

JChnsc19

Evo religion or belief says that evolving caused man to exist. The bible says we are created and all abilities or changes came after the fact. So yes evolving went on and fast in the former nature but it only started with created kinds...rather than basically created life and man.
The Christian Bible?

JChnsc19

The beliefs and premises and methods of science are actually well known...unless you are defending some other religion?

Not in any way. I am pointing out that so called science is inspired by the ol deceiver that was here deceiving Eve in the garden. So called science casts a covering on the truth and leaves you in darkness and confusion and doubting God.
Who is the ol deceiver? Many claim it’s satan but I just double checked the KJV, NIV & Living Bible and they all say serpent

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

There was a clear point there. He was asking you how you would test the Bible. If you cannot test it then there is no valid reason to believe it. By those standards you might as well be a Pastafarian. In fact you would be better off being a Pastafarian. You would go to a much better heaven.

JChnsc19

To omit the supernatural in the face of overwhelming historical records is unwarranted. Also, since many many scientists are 'christian' for them it is unwarranted to omit God!

The universe is always viewd by science in the light of godless origins.

Hey, why not!?

Perhaps that strangness science declares and experiences regarding the quantum world would cease to be strange! Maybe they would realize also that GR is only relative to the fishbowl! As for metals, they might realize that men were working metals since Eden!

There is only one creator. If science does not even get up to that bar then it is destined and imprisoned and hopelessly limited in origin issues and there is no remedy. It would be fatal.

If they do not know that much, the rest will always elude them.

Not when we realize the simplest answer is creation and that the Occam was a Christian monk! Where is science going you ask? Nowhere...fast. It cannot possibly ever come to a knowledge of the truth Mankind must flush...or God will flush for us.
Can you direct me to the overwhelming historical records of the supernatural?

JChnsc19

Eden was right at creation. Since the flood was say about 1600 or whatever years after that time, and it was probably around the KT layer era, your 40,000 years is trumped.
I have a ? about the flood. Wiki says according to the Bible it would’ve been ~2349 BCE. The Tower of Babel happened 100 yrs later with a workforce of 30,000. The pyramids were built 350 yrs after & the population at that time was 27 million. This is said to be a biological impossibility for 8 (?) ppl to accomplish after the flood. Any thoughts, ideas or theories?

JChnsc19

I didn’t say a work about science in this post.
Maybe it's time you do!
I have no need to say anything about science. I’ve made no claims about science and it has nothing to do with my atheism. If the Big Bang, Abiogenesis & Evolution was all disproved today, it wouldn’t change my beliefs one bit. And although I think I have a good understanding of it, I think you are very capable of educating yourself if you wanted to. Just as I am a nurse and think I have a complete understanding of a Drs job, I also wouldn’t educate them on what Drs do- it’s not my place.

JChnsc19

I think you could have your questions about the Big Bang, Abiogenesis & Evolution explained to you. If it’s facts or evidence you’re seeking, I think that would be a great place to start.

dad

Undefeated
I’m not an evolutionary biologist, nor am I a professor of biology so although I’ve read about extensively and watched lectures, I wouldn’t want to give you any misinformation so I can only say maybe a local high school would be a good local, free place to start.
Sorry you believed the nonsense they lectured to you.