• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and hell

The (not really) funny part, is that I actually had a drug problem in the past and gotten over it and actually have been part of initiatives where I actually did volunteer to counsel drug addicts and help them overcome it. Successfully. I didn't need a bible to do it. Or any beliefs in anything "magical" or "supernatural" or whatever.
Wow man good for you and happy for you! Also great that you’re helping other people.

I accept that you believe that you do.
But clearly, you are incorrect.

Being or becoming a christian (or religious in general) is demonstrably not at all required to overcome psychological problems, addictions, what-have-you.
The games not over yet, the final play is when you die and then find out. For me that day is going to be a celebration.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Wow man good for you and happy for you! Also great that you’re helping other people.

Thank you, but I would have preferred you to stay on topic and instead of "congratulating" me, acknowledge the fact that your "argument" has been shown to be invalid.

If you becoming sober with religion is evidence for your religion, then me becoming sober without religion should count as evidence against religion.

Otherwise, it's an intellectually dishonest case of "tails I win, heads you lose".

In actuality, off course, neither is true. Religion helped you find motivation for giving up drugs / drinking. This is true REGARDLESS of the religion being accurate or not.

You being succesful in getting sober HAS NO BEARING on the validity of your religion. At all. Not even remotely.

If you insist otherwise, then I'm just going to insist that me getting sober without religion is evidence against religion - and accuse you of holding a double standard.

Thank you, but I would have preferred you to stay on topic and instead of "congratulating" me, acknowledge the fact that your "argument" has been shown to be invalid.

If you becoming sober with religion is evidence for your religion, then me becoming sober without religion should count as evidence against religion.

Otherwise, it's an intellectually dishonest case of "tails I win, heads you lose".

In actuality, off course, neither is true. Religion helped you find motivation for giving up drugs / drinking. This is true REGARDLESS of the religion being accurate or not.

You being succesful in getting sober HAS NO BEARING on the validity of your religion. At all. Not even remotely.

If you insist otherwise, then I'm just going to insist that me getting sober without religion is evidence against religion - and accuse you of holding a double standard.
You missed the point ***MOD EDIT***

Last edited by a moderator: