• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenic pets

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you ever had an animal for a pet that displayed signs of schizophrenia or some other mental illness?

Ive lived with a cat that was vicious and always looked terrified , delusional, wide eyed, spooked, and paranoid. It trusted no human. I grabbed it once and it drew much blood with it's teeth and claws, then ran like the devil was at it's heels.

I had an iguana once that would repeatedly dive into the wall to the point where he lost much of his nose and his faced turned into a big bloody scab. He kept diving against the wiring of the cage regardless of how bloody it's face became. I should have got it a lobotomy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
With spiders, the sexual behaviors are quite psychopathic. The male often gets murdered by his spouse during or after sex. But that is too common to be considered deviant.

Earthling

David Henson
During my drinking days I learned to avoid pets while I was drinking. It only takes one black out to traumatize a pet, even if you are just overly affectionate and nonviolent. They smell it on you and freak out at your, for a lack of a better word, spiritual self. I've had a number of experiences with neighborhood dogs who would growl fiercely at me if I just looked at them with whiskey on my breath, and my own dogs would cower in the corner in a puddle of their own urine. Figuratively, or literally even though well housebroken.

Look at it from their perspective. You are stumbling around, loud, breaking stuff, either intentionally or accidentally, etc.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
During my drinking days I learned to avoid pets while I was drinking. It only takes one black out to traumatize a pet, even if you are just overly affectionate and nonviolent. They smell it on you and freak out at your, for a lack of a better word, spiritual self. I've had a number of experiences with neighborhood dogs who would growl fiercely at me if I just looked at them with whiskey on my breath, and my own dogs would cower in the corner in a puddle of their own urine. Figuratively, or literally even though well housebroken.

Look at it from their perspective. You are stumbling around, loud, breaking stuff, either intentionally or accidentally, etc.
that reminds me that the only time my pink toed tarantula ever bit me was when I was drunk and it bit me quite a few times but never while sober.

Earthling

David Henson
that reminds me that the only time my pink toed tarantula ever bit me was when I was drunk and it bit me quite a few times but never while sober.

Question: Do any of your spiders ever get out without your knowing about it? I once raised an orphaned raccoon back into the wild and it would sneak out without me knowing it and neighbors from as far as three block down would return it at odd hours of the night when they were having parties. Especially pool parties, raccoons being so fond of water.

I can't imagine the turmoil a wandering Goliath Birdeater would create at a PTA meeting or Tupperware party.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Question: Do any of your spiders ever get out without your knowing about it? I once raised an orphaned raccoon back into the wild and it would sneak out without me knowing it and neighbors from as far as three block down would return it at odd hours of the night when they were having parties. Especially pool parties, raccoons being so fond of water.

I can't imagine the turmoil a wandering Goliath Birdeater would create at a PTA meeting or Tupperware party.
I had one spider escape. found it on the floor. Still don't know how, but it was a wall scaler.

Earthling

David Henson
I had one spider escape. found it on the floor. Still don't know how, but it was a wall scaler.

I would think that was mighty impressive considering your propensity for spider handling and the altered state. Especially if they were simultaneous.