• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scenes that stay with you?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The hallway fight scene from Oldboy. It has inspired many other long takes in later movies and remains one of the best long takes ever shot.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They Might Be Giants had many great scenes. The power of greed in this scene is one of my favorites in one of my all time favorite movies

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This scene is one of many memorable scenes from the great movie Slap Shot, an expose on minor league hockey cement heads.

Then this one:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's another memorable scene from Seven Days in May. Almost 60 years ago, but still...

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Are there any movie scenes that sticks in your head? For whatever reason.
You don’t even have to like the film. Just a scene that stays with you. For whatever reason?

One that lives in my brain rent free is the baby Dawn scenes from the movie Trainspotting. Awesome film. But damn were those scenes cutting.
The film was actually shown to me in high school as part of “health class.”
A kind of cautionary tale for drugs and the HIV crisis at the time. To be fair not a bad choice really lol

What about you guys?

I don't know the name of the movie but a woman who I'm pretty sure was Julia Roberts was looking after a rich kid who had cancer, the scene I remember was the kid talking about chemo, he said something like "they inject enough poison to kill the cancer but not quite kill me". It sticks in my head because I happened to turn it on just before that scene the night before I started chemo. I still wish I hadn't changed channels.

Edit: I googled it, the movie is called Dying Young.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This scene was famous for its one line: "Go ahead, make my day." People even used to have bumper stickers with that phrase as a result.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are there any movie scenes that sticks in your head? For whatever reason.
You don’t even have to like the film. Just a scene that stays with you. For whatever reason?

One that lives in my brain rent free is the baby Dawn scenes from the movie Trainspotting. Awesome film. But damn were those scenes cutting.
The film was actually shown to me in high school as part of “health class.”
A kind of cautionary tale for drugs and the HIV crisis at the time. To be fair not a bad choice really lol

What about you guys?
Jurassic park - T Rex coming for the battery car
Lord of the Rings - Balrog vs Gandalf, the charge of Rohan
ET - the flying bicycle