• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saying of Imam Ali about inaudible sounds and non-visible lights and microbes

mojtaba

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
Imam Ali(peace be upon him) is the first Shia Imam who was the first true Successor of Prophet Muhammad( peace be upon him and his pure progeny ).

The following is a part of one of his sermons in which he has implied about inaudible sounds( i.e., sounds that their frequency is lawer than about 20 Hz and that of more than about 20,000 Hz ) and invisible lights( i.e., lights with wavelength less than about 400 nm and longer than about 700 nm ).

He(peace be upon him) said,

"Every listener other than Him[ i.e., Allah ] is deaf to light voices[ i.e., infrasound waves ], and that of loud voices[ i.e., ultrasound waves ]; and distance voices[ i.e., audible sounds which have an distance source ] also get away from him.

Every onlooker other than Him is blind to hidden colors[ i.e., invisible lights ].

and [ every onlooker other than Him is blind to ] imperceptible bodies[ e.g., microbes, atoms, etc. ]."

Shia Sorce, Bihar Al-Anwar by Majlisi, V4, P309/ Nahjul Balaqa, sermon 64

Yes. This is not an astonishing saying from a person about whom Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him and his pure Ahlul Bayt) has said that he is the gate of the city of knowledge( أنا مدينة العلم و علي بابها، فمن أراد المدينة و الحكمة فليأتها من بابها, I am the city of the knowledge and Ali is its gate, so whoever wants the city and knowledge, should enter to it from its gate ).

Yes. This man is our first Imam.