• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
shytot said:
As I say, you have been well and truly captured.
You are obviously happy with it, so stick with it.
Good luck.
Keep quoting the Quran, you can go to sleep at night thinking
how wonderful the words are.
Like you, I feel that it is me who is right, but we can't both be right!!!
You don't believe in God right?

I do believe in God and he sent to us prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" to lead us to all the truth as he sent to all people before us many prophets.

[24] Verily We have sent thee in Truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).

[25] And if they reject thee, so did their predecessors, to whom came their Messengers with Clear Signs, Scriptures and the Book of Enlightenment. (Quran 35:24-25).

I don't really know why Quran is bothering you? If you don't believe in God so then how you will believe in his books?

shytot said:
I
or even have a motor accident, you are put in a concrete cell with a hole in the ground for a toilet,
given no food, (relatives must supply food,) it is not a religion for today.
Ok, I have to put up the BS flag now. That is absolutely untrue. My father-in-law was in an accident in Riyadh. He's a two-meter tall white dude, about 300 pounds, who wears a cowboy hat. He was hit by a Saudi motorist. Neither went to jail.

Where did you get this idea?

Explain to me what your visa looks like in your passport. First, we'll ascertain whether you've been to Saudi Arabia, then we'll deal with your misinformation.

shytot said:
The religious police round people up and make them go to the Mosque,
they have guns in shoulder holsters and bamboo canes, non believers
you are not allowed to look in shops during prayer times,
BS and more BS.

There's no dispute that Saudi Arabia is under the rule of an oppressive monarch, nor is there a dispute that the cultural aspects of SA society are about 500 years obsolete. But quit embarrassing yourself with your fantasies.

The religious police don't round people up and make them go into mosques.

You are allowed to be in the shops during prayer times.

What cities were you in? How did you travel? Were you there on business? What airline did you use to fly there?

shytot

I was in SA in 1980, Dahran for 11 months and Tabuk on the Jordan border for 13 months,
I know what I saw, and the religious police carried guns and bamboo canes, and they would
move you on if you were looking in a shop window during prayer times, I had a colleague
who lived next door to a man who committed suicide, they put him in prison for three weeks
because they said he must have had something to do with the mans death, because
people do not commit suicide in SA. he lived in a concrete cell and slept on the floor because
the mattress they gave him stank, they would not allow a mattress to be brought in because
they had already provider one. food had to be taken into him every day, when they let him out
he was back in the UK within 12 hours.
SA has everything going for it except the people, they had moved from herding goats in the desert
to watching the traffic lights change colour in the town, and they brought their religion with them.
There is a young Muslim girl in the UK at the moment, scared stiff to tell her parents she has fallen
in love with a non Muslim boy, she is afraid she will be killed or sent to Pakistan and married to a
man there,(she was on the radio, telling her story, her voice heavily disguised to protect her)
if this is what Islam preaches, you can place it where the sun don't shine,
and they want the whole world to be Islam, all I want is to be dead before it happens.

When the airfield Radar went offline, the Israelis planes would fly over and take photographs,
the Saudi's said that we had spies telling them the Radar was down, no matter what they were
told they just could not understand how the Israelis knew.
They are trying to move forward centuries in a few years, and their religion is dragging them
back even faster, I have no doubt I will have quotations from the Koran read at me, with a few
thou's and ye's thrown in just for good measure.
Another thing, if it is so horrible to live their lives surrounded by so much depravity, why don't
they go back to the desert where it's quiet, and they can pray all day.

shytot said:
I know what I saw, and the religious police carried guns and bamboo canes, and they would move you on if you were looking in a shop window during prayer times.
And what about your claim of forcing people to go to mosque?

shytot said:
I had a colleague who lived next door to a man who committed suicide, they put him in prison for three weeks because they said he must have had something to do with the mans death, because people do not commit suicide in SA. he lived in a concrete cell and slept on the floor because the mattress they gave him stank, they would not allow a mattress to be brought in because they had already provider one. food had to be taken into him every day, when they let him out he was back in the UK within 12 hours.
And what about your assertion of going to jail for being in a car accident?

shytot said:
There is a young Muslim girl in the UK at the moment, scared stiff to tell her parents she has fallen in love with a non Muslim boy, she is afraid she will be killed or sent to Pakistan and married to a man there,(she was on the radio, telling her story, her voice heavily disguised to protect her).
This story is a shame, and by this tragic story you judge a religion? Then you should be afraid that all Christians are pedophiles because of some perverted catholic priests.

shytot said:
They are trying to move forward centuries in a few years, and their religion is dragging them back.
Wrong again. It's Middle Eastern cultural issues that are holding back their modernization, not the words in the Quran. There is no question that Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and much of the Middle East is stuck in a time warp. But the reasons for such stagnation are much more complex than the simple claim that it is because of religion. Arabian tribal history is very complex, and much is known about how they lived even before Muhammad.

shytot

They were rounding the young men up to go to mosque, they were shouting at them,
I don't know what would have happened if one of them had refused, (you tell me)
Being taken to jail after a car accident was true, it happened to a friend of mine,
he was taken there until he could prove he had enough insurance to cover the damage to the car that had run into him.(hard to believe, but true)
I am glad you mentioned the girl, please tell me she was telling lies? and that this would never happen in a Muslim family, her brothers would not want her to be dead, and her parents would not marry her to a stranger, it would put my mind at ease to know, there is no religion on earth that would instill that kind of thinking into a person.
Death is easy for a Muslim, we can all see that by the killing of Muslims by Muslims
still going on in Iraq, this of coarse has nothing to do with religion, they just like
killing each other, the rest of the Muslim world is not telling them to stop, or are they?
it must be a strange feeling, knowing these people are dying and going to paradise,
but also knowing it is wrong to kill them in the first place, and you can not condemn the killers for doing them a favour, after all, that is what a Muslim wants, to die and go to paradise, or am I completely wrong, the killers don't go to paradise, only the ones killed, so the killers did do them a favour, so why should they be punished for doing them a favour,
see how stupid it gets when you try to rationalize the ridiculous.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
shytot said:
I am glad you mentioned the girl, please tell me she was telling lies? and that this would never happen in a Muslim family, her brothers would not want her to be dead, and her parents would not marry her to a stranger, it would put my mind at ease to know, there is no religion on earth that would instill that kind of thinking into a person.

Nonesense, saudian don't kill thier girls for such a thing, they may not agree that she marry a non-muslim because her kids may follow the father's religion but to KILL HER ??? this is really ridicolous. I know many arabic countries who the people there kill their girls "honour killing" because it's somthing in thier stupid culture to do so but it never happen in saudi arabia because they follow the law but not self desire.

I can say that the people in saudi arabia are muslims 100% but i can't claim that they are following islam 100%.

all your claims are baseless because it's based on cultural veiw which you think it's religious without providing any proof or sourcees that these acts are really in ISLAM !!!

Death is easy for a Muslim, we can all see that by the killing of Muslims by Muslims
still going on in Iraq, this of coarse has nothing to do with religion, they just like
killing each other, the rest of the Muslim world is not telling them to stop, or are they?

No they are telling them, please kill each other :areyoucra

All Muslims in the world are trying to make them stop but with the war against USA and among muslims themselves there it's difficult to listen from people from outside Iraq.

USA started this and they must finish it as they started it. people were in peace more with Saddam than they are now.

it must be a strange feeling, knowing these people are dying and going to paradise,
but also knowing it is wrong to kill them in the first place, and you can not condemn the killers for doing them a favour, after all, that is what a Muslim wants, to die and go to paradise, or am I completely wrong, the killers don't go to paradise, only the ones killed, so the killers did do them a favour, so why should they be punished for doing them a favour,
see how stupid it gets when you try to rationalize the ridiculous.

How stupid it gets when you have no proof that these ridicolous acts are part of Islam.

UNTIL NOW YOU DIDN'T PROVIDE ANY SOURCE THAT MAKE THESE ACTS RELEATED TO ISLAM SO YOU HAVE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS OR JUST STOP TALKING NONSESNE.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING, SO IT'S PLAIN CULTURAL ACT BUT NOT ISLAMIC ONE.

It's like when i say all christians countries acts are based on plain religious matters.

shytot

I am sorry I did not make it clear about the girl, she lives in the UK,
and she was on the radio here, she said her brothers would kill her,
and her parents would make her marry a stranger, I guess she was telling lies.

I was under the impression, that when a Muslim dies, they go to Paradise,
and I was just saying that it must be strange that, if you kill a Muslim, you
are doing him a favour, so the Muslims killing Muslims must be pushing
themselves to the front to be the first to die, if not, please tell me why
life is so cheap in Muslim countries!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
shytot said:

Not at all, not all muslims will go to Paradise when they die.

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our Messengers with Clear Signs, Yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land". (Quran 5:32)

Tell me first please, what do you understand from this verse?

Judgement Day

shytot said:
Well, this is clearly not right. Im glad that you asked to clarify.

shytot

I am not concerned about 'verses', I am talking about real life,
some people are obviously not reading the 'verses' and
people are dying every day, all in the NAME of religion, (and please don't
say they are not, because they are,) they are killing each other because of a
mosque being bombed, or using religion to get people to blow
themselves up, in the NAME of religion, you can quote the Quran
all day saying how it should be, but the reality of the situation
is this, people are dying, now, it will not stop until one side
has been eliminated completely, or it will become a vendetta, and
go on for years, all in the NAME of religion.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
shytot said:
I am not concerned about 'verses', I am talking about real life,
some people are obviously not reading the 'verses' and
people are dying every day, all in the NAME of religion, (and please don't
say they are not, because they are,) they are killing each other because of a
mosque being bombed, or using religion to get people to blow
themselves up, in the NAME of religion, you can quote the Quran
all day saying how it should be, but the reality of the situation
is this, people are dying, now, it will not stop until one side
has been eliminated completely, or it will become a vendetta, and
go on for years, all in the NAME of religion.

Thanks God you know now what is the different between Islam and Muslims :shout

There is nothing wrong with Islam but people may misinterpreting some verses to fulfill their own desire but not for the sake of God.

I agree with you, now people are killing each other whether for money or to please some people from outside the country who may get the benefits of these actions.

Therefore, it's better for you to continue this issue in the political forum because it's about politics more than religious acts.

Peace ... :)

flysky

[SIZE=+1]Womens Rights in Islam [/SIZE]By Jacqueline S. Waheed

The following list contains some example of rights that Muslim women have:
1. The RIGHT and duty to acquire education.
2. The RIGHT to have her own independent property.
3. The RIGHT to work [job or business] to earn money, which she keeps it.
4. The RIGHT to equal reward for equal deed and/or work.
5. The RIGHT to express her opinion.
6. The RIGHT to argue and/or advocate her cause or opinion to be heard.
7. The RIGHT to vote since 1,421 years.
8. The RIGHT to provisions from her husband for all her needs and more.
9. The RIGHT to negotiate marriage terms of her choice.
10.The RIGHT to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply don't like him. In Islaam divorce is suppose to be last resort.
11.The RIGHT to keep all her own money. [She is not responsible for maintenance of family].
12.The RIGHT to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.
13.The RIGHT to get custody of her children in case of divorce [unless she is unable to raise them for valid reasons]
14.The RIGHT to choose husband of her choice.
15.The RIGHT to refuse a proposed and/or arranged marriage.
16. The RIGHT to re-marry after divorce or after becoming widow.
EXEMPTIONS GIVEN TO WOMEN IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCE.
Women are exempt from:

a.. Fasting when they are pregnant or nursing or menstruating,
b.. Praying when menstruating or bleeding after childbirth,
c.. The obligation to attend congregational prayers in the mosque on Fridays.
d.. They are not obliged to take part as soldiers in the defense of Islam, although they are not forbidden to do so.
But under normal circumstances they are allowed to do all the things that men do.
- Even when they are menstruating, on special days, like the two Eid festivals, they are still allowed to come to the Eid prayers, and menstruating women can take part in most of the actions of the Hajj pilgrimage.
Islamic laws does not requires that women should confine themselves to household duties.
Muslim women have [and are as well] headed Islamic provinces [and states as well], like Arwa bint Ahmad, who served as governor of Yemen under the Fatimid Khalifahs in the late fifth and early sixth century.
Name any other religion, political theory, or philosophy which offers such a comprehensiveness to women by giving her total control of her life and affairs ??? NONE Think on this!
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
spacer.gif