• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saturn V Launch Video

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I watched this video of Saturn V's launch and it brought on a powerful mix of emotions. It's symbolic of our species' great potential. It's an example of what we can do when we work together. It's awe-inspiring to see something so magnificent and glorious as this come from a single species, a species that not so long ago was primarily hunting and gathering for sustenance.

The music playing in the background only aids in setting the mood.

Saturn V Launch

"Who are we to chase the Gods? To try to kiss the cosmos?"

-Probably paraphrased, can't recall who said it, but I know those two sentences for sure, as fragments of the whole.

The camera angle at first is from near ground. The second angle is from a part of one of the earlier stages of the launch, detaching as the rest of it climbs ever higher.

More than almost anything else, our experiments with space-faring prove that we can, if we but try (and work together), transcend our baser natures and attain glory. We are the only species we know of that has managed to travel, by our own design, into space. Our future lies with the stars. We may not live to see it, but that future is there. This will not all have been for nothing.

No matter what happens on any day, the fact that we, alone, can work together to accomplish something as momentous as this, means that there is hope for us yet.

I didn't want a debate on this, just thought there might be others who'd be as fascinated by something like this as I am. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.