• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satelites?

Axel

Was inland country a while back and was laying under the stars with my better half talking rubbish when we saw a most bizzare movement in the stars.

What we thought was a star started to move slowly south, so we thought it must be a satelite doing its thing, but then it moved at a right angle at a phenominal speed about 3cm (i'm sure that equates to a big distance in space) across the sky and then stopped.

We saw that happen twice in as many nights. We asked around and everyone laughed us off and said they were satelites.

Do satelites move that fast?

horizon_mj1

Was inland country a while back and was laying under the stars with my better half talking rubbish when we saw a most bizzare movement in the stars.

What we thought was a star started to move slowly south, so we thought it must be a satelite doing its thing, but then it moved at a right angle at a phenominal speed about 3cm (i'm sure that equates to a big distance in space) across the sky and then stopped.

We saw that happen twice in as many nights. We asked around and everyone laughed us off and said they were satelites.

Do satellites move that fast?
I have seen satellites move before and they do move quickly, but I have never seen them change direction. I know they can change direction but from what I understand this can not be done quickly (unless this technology exists and they just haven't told anyone yet).

Maille

no they do not. But airplanes can seem very small and our minds can give us lots of strange optical aulltions to where things look smaller or larger than they realy are. The airplane could have been real high up and then seem to be moving faster than usal. Also arcording to where you live you may have seen a comet or space shuttle. You may need to do some reascreach on your area to find out eactly what you saw.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It might be a refraction of light due to the atmosphere. That might help explain the sharp angle the object took of which the sudden variation in speed suggests that possibility.