• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanism is a challenge

Orias

Left Hand Path
Imagine how most people view Satanists. For a lot it's hard to even be able to look at it enough to understand it from a viewpoint that isn't scapegoating or one of madness.

It's all madness. Any Satanist who claims to be neutral is a liar, because you are associating with a naturally extreme paradigm. That is Satan. He is challenging. It IS rebellion. You can disagree, but that's what it is! It's beautiful in a frigged up kind of way.

But ..you don't need to be a Satanist to realize the Earth vibrates, and so do you. If you have will and desire to get better, then you WILL. But whatever you call yourself, the label is not an excuse to not work hard and persevere. Whatever you call yourself, as long as it is in your will to invoke and work hard and be your own being and get the results you want that's what matters.

Challenge is good. Adaptability is security . Competition is self preservation.

Xeper and Remanifest

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's all madness. Any Satanist who claims to be neutral is a liar, because you are associating with a naturally extreme paradigm. That is Satan. He is challenging. It IS rebellion. You can disagree, but that's what it is! It's beautiful in a frigged up kind of way.
Being rebellious for nothing more than the sake of being rebellious isn't Satanism, and it probably isn't giving any sort of acknowledgement towards your "authentic self." Satan may be a symbol of challenging the norm and rebelling against folkways and mores, but not to the point you lose sight of yourself.
Competition is self preservation.
Facts are, we are social animals and mutual cooperation is self preservation. We will need our back scratched, so we scratch the back of someone who can scratch ours. Competition to a degree is good and healthy, but ultimately it is a luxury of times of plenty as failure to cooperate during times of scarcity is a death sentence.
(Personally, to me the challenge lies in adhering to such philosophies when it isn't easy to do so - and it's incredibly easy to do in the West, even in Christian America)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And me being both Luciferian and transgender, I do tend to hold the bar much higher for those whining about "authentic selves" and "rebelling against society" and all that other puky crap that still has them comfortably within societal norms.

Deidre

Of my understanding and exploring it a bit, it seems that Satanism is always viewed from the view of the RHP. If one only views it from that position, then it naturally will be seen as a rebellion. I think if we examine it further, one will learn that the LHP is as much a part of our mindset and personality, as is the RHP. The RHP could also be seen as rebelling against the LHP, or protecting against it. Because the LHP is often seen as ''evil'' in the eyes of RHP followers.

I lean towards RHP, but learning and exploring the LHP has helped me find a healthy balance and way of viewing the two.

Orias

Left Hand Path
And me being both Luciferian and transgender, I do tend to hold the bar much higher for those whining about "authentic selves" and "rebelling against society" and all that other puky crap that still has them comfortably within societal norms.

No one cares that you're transgender. That doesn't matter. You expect me to validate that is bonkers. The only one talking about authentic self and whining is you. Apples to oranges . Whatever your problem is, it's not with me I guarantee you that .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No one cares that you're transgender. That doesn't matter. You expect me to validate that is bonkers. The only one talking about authentic self and whining is you. Apples to oranges . Whatever your problem is, it's not with me I guarantee you that .
Most Satanists, and indeed tons in society win general, harp on about how "rebellious" they are, and how "authentic" they are. And they haven't done anything to rightfully claim such things. They're sheep who do nothing more than baah differently.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I guess another way to put it is those being true to themselves are too busy being true to themselves to have the time to tell the world they are true themselves (replace true with rebellious or other similar concepts).

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well I guess then it's a good thing that you've been the only to say that..."true to themselves" in this entire thread. Good job. I haven't a clue of what you are even talking about

Orias

Left Hand Path
Of my understanding and exploring it a bit, it seems that Satanism is always viewed from the view of the RHP. If one only views it from that position, then it naturally will be seen as a rebellion. I think if we examine it further, one will learn that the LHP is as much a part of our mindset and personality, as is the RHP. The RHP could also be seen as rebelling against the LHP, or protecting against it. Because the LHP is often seen as ''evil'' in the eyes of RHP followers.

I lean towards RHP, but learning and exploring the LHP has helped me find a healthy balance and way of viewing the two.

Satanism is definitely not RHP.