• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

satanic bible question

Fireman

I read it a few months ago and I remember it talkin about the the start of Christianity and the fact that it used old gods and made them seem evil in the bible. so if you read the bible you would want to convert so you weren't worshiping an "evil" god. what I am remembering is it talking about the serpent in the adam and eve story being a goddess from a religion back then that had to do with life or birth. if anyone knows what im talking about can you help me find where it talks about this or where i can find more information on this.

thanks for any help

Orias

Left Hand Path
This is isn't something found on the Satanic Bible, rather all you have to do is look at the ancient Canaanite beliefs (which is where almost all religions come from). If you could be a little more specific I might be able to help you more with any questions you have about Satanism.

The Satanic bible has a generally very vague view of things, and harsh view. I'm not really sure what exactly you think of the Satanic bible so I'm not sure what more you want to hear.

Fireman

im not wanting to hear either way i have read most of it and just started reading it again so i can finish it. idk where i heard this if it wasn't in the satanic bible. it basically says that in the christian bible you have Adam and eve and (doesn't say his first wife in the bible i think). but what this passage said was that the popular religion at the time believe that a serpent was their goddess of life (or birth or something to do with living or the creation of life). So this passage goes on to say is that the reason the creators of this biblical story (Adam and eve) is that they made the serpent evil so that it would make people of this specific religion think twice and possible go o well my god is evil i want to be apart of this new religion (Christianity). i thought i read it with something that was talking about the fact that every new religion is built off the old one but just changes a few things to make the old one look evil or wrong to help convert people to the new religion. sorry if this is long and a bit repetitive, not sure how to explain what i read exactly.

thanks for any help

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
This isnt the first time I have heard of the serpant/satan being depicted as a female entity/goddess/whatever you want to call him/her.

It seems your question is not so much about satanism but more to do with christian "borrowing" from other faiths. I spent a lot of time on pagan forums, reading books etc and it was said more than once that the early day christians took the idea of Pan (the horned god) and used that imagery to describe the devil/satan. Therefore making out that the pagans worshipped evil and were evil.

You will also find that the bible speaks against old day practises like divination, trusting the elements etc.

Also, if you look at the pagan wheel of the year you will find that their holidays share around about the same dates as the christian holidays and can see more than 1 similarity. (like easter and christmas, etc). It has been said that the christians placed there holidays on the same dates as pagan holidays to make it easier to convert people.

Horrorble

The book "when god was a woman" may interest you it talks about the symbol of the snake and its association with Greek goddesses. It was believed that if a snake whispered in your ear you could gain the gift of telling the future.

Orias

Left Hand Path
The book "when god was a woman" may interest you it talks about the symbol of the snake and its association with Greek goddesses. It was believed that if a snake whispered in your ear you could gain the gift of telling the future.

Hmmm...I rather like the thought of this :D

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The serpent is everywhere in religious beliefs, over the course of all recorded human beliefs and likely before. Only Christianity sees it as evil.