• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan

bretzter

OK,let´s all be logical here.
If Satan were actually the opposite of God,the all-powerful Creator who
alone has no beginning,nor does he have an end,the Alpha and the Omega,
how then is it that Satan,were he too actually be anything like God himself,be
thrown down out of heaven?.
Or why is it were he to be the exact opposite of God,be less powerful than the
Christ?.
Why is it he wants to get back into heaven,get on God´s good side,and reclaim
his original position among the sons of God,yet can´t,or isn´t allowed to?.
The truth is,not only Satan himself is,but the other third of the angelic host that
followed him in his rebellion against God,are all spiritually alienated from God.
Can you imagine the look on his face,or his reaction after having to watch the
resurrection of the Christ and his ascension into heaven to sit at the right hand
of the Father?.
Angry,he actually knew it was fulfilled and finished and couldn´t do anything about
it but too stand back and let it happen.
Satan is an archangel,a created heavenly being,yet like man,he too knows that
he can be exterminated/eliminated,as does the other third of the angelic host.

Blackmarch

W'rkncacntr
i was reading another post (What Benefit to God posted by the Voice of Reason, i believe) and a question popped into my head.

what is the story of the creation of satan? ive heard many stories, some saying he was angel cast out of heaven, others saying he was born like god only the opposite. i never could tell which was truth and which wasn't and all of that. well technically there may not even be a truth, but just out of curiosity, which is the story that is thought to be most true?

-armageddon-
very little, - he was one of the spirits along with the rest of us that were with God, It seems that he was high up in the order of things (second after Christ)- but wanted to do things differently than what God and Christ proposed, and when his offer was refused he rebelled, and eventually had a part of heaven follow him.

As to how/when such spirits were created there is even less of.

-- I go with that one as that more or less has been what has come from various prophets.

It's been interesting to see how many different versions of two brothers fighting in heaven have popped up in various cultures.

rusra02

Premium Member
i was reading another post (What Benefit to God posted by the Voice of Reason, i believe) and a question popped into my head.

what is the story of the creation of satan? ive heard many stories, some saying he was angel cast out of heaven, others saying he was born like god only the opposite. i never could tell which was truth and which wasn't and all of that. well technically there may not even be a truth, but just out of curiosity, which is the story that is thought to be most true?

-armageddon-
I believe the Bible gives the correct answer to your question. Speaking about Jehovah, Deuteronomy 32:4,5 says; "The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he. They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own."
What God creates is sinless and perfect. However, like humans, angels have the ability to choose whether to obey God or disobey. Jesus said about Satan: "That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." (John 8:44) How does one become a murderer or a liar? I believe a person is not created or born a liar or murderer. They choose to become such. Satan means resister and Devil means slanderer. The angel who became a resister and slanderer of God, a liar and a murderer, made himself such things. James 1:14,15 explains how this occurs.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

-armageddon-

Before humans there were jinns and angels, and he was one of the jinns, but a very learnt and pious person that he was allowed to sit with angels. When Adam was created he refused to acknowledge him and bow down to him as Allah has instructed because he thought he was better than this new creature called Adam. Allah cursed him and drove him outside heaven. Then he asked Allah's permission to extend his life till day of judgement so he can deceive as many humans as he can in order to go to hell with him.

That's the story in short according to Islam.