• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan : Universe

Azrael

Mythicists
Yes he did :D.

Though the Satanic Bible is like the website except 100 times better and more in depth.

Never had a chance to view the Bible itself I was aware that there was one though. I have known about the Church site for quite some time and did a little reading while I was there.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Never had a chance to view the Bible itself I was aware that there was one though. I have known about the Church site for quite some time and did a little reading while I was there.

Ahh I see, I think alot of people would agree that it holds alot of unknown common sense to the rational being.

I think you would enjoy it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yeah, I would like to take a look at it see whats there....

I also find alot of humor in what Anton LaVey writes. Not in an insulting way, but in the sense that he shows alot of character in his writings.

Another good book is The Devil's Notebook, also written by Anton LaVey. It goes over numerous philosophies and makes them more comprehensive and gives better conclusions to the moral of the point.

I would also recommend reading 'might is right'(which can be found on that same site), as it is foundational to TSB. It is quite a bit more harsh and brutal than TSB, and is certainly not for everyone!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
So how does this compare to Genesis...that God released Man upon the earth saying to him
'Go forth be fruitful and multiply....subdue the earth....'?

Your missing the point here Thief. From a Setian perspect it is because of the Set-Created psyche which energizes the higher intellect that mankind is able to percieve and contemplate abstract ideas such as religion, mythology, science, mathematics. The Setian seeks after the Gems of the Dark Lord's knowldege and wisdom where ever it may be found, even in documents such as the Christian bible, which would not have been written without the Gift of the Prince of Darkness which indwells within the our very DNA. Even still the Bible is filled with many conradiction and fictions - such as the Creation myth, the flood, the exodus of the Jews from Egypt, Christ rising from the dead after three days, etc. Imagination is another power of the Black Gift.

Set is the True Creator of the human mind, the very Essence of self-aware Being.

Xeper and Remanifest!
/Adramelek\

Orias

Left Hand Path
Your missing the point here Thief. From a Setian perspect it is because of the Set-Created psyche which energizes the higher intellect that mankind is able to percieve and contemplate abstract ideas such as religion, mythology, science, mathematics. The Setian seeks after the Gems of the Dark Lord's knowldege and wisdom where ever it may be found, even in documents such as the Christian bible, which would not have been written without the Gift of the Prince of Darkness which indwells within the our very DNA. Even still the Bible is filled with many conradiction and fictions - such as the Creation myth, the flood, the exodus of the Jews from Egypt, Christ rising from the dead after three days, etc. Imagination is another power of the Black Gift.

Set is the True Creator of the human mind, the very Essence of self-aware Being.

Xeper and Remanifest!
/Adramelek\

Also known as the true reflection of nature.:D

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As I see it the Black Gift, though non-natural in essence, has become through millions of years of evolution a part of our DNA and thus has become a part of our nature.;)

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Xeper and Remanifest!
/Adramelek\

You guys assume to much of me...one way and then the other.

I see some of you write about a Dark Prince....
And others claim there is no higher deity....'no out of body' spirit to answer to.
Some claim there is only Nature to follow. (an old time deity btw)

What I don't see is a common consensus.
But I won't ask for one.
This topic is supposed to be a comparative effort.
And I have never seen consensus in any belief system.
I don't expect one here either.

Perhaps you could shift your perspective long enough to realize.....
When you use symbols and avatars that for decades have represented the devil....
and other spirits of demonic nature....
Do you really expect 'outsiders' to know you don't believe in them?

You say you don't believe in God.
There is no afterlife.
There is only the moment at hand. I understand you.
But as long as you persist in using symbolism the rest of the world sees as demonic....you will not be understood by most people.

Besides...there are labels you can choose from that have no connection with anything adversarial. Being someone's adversary is required to be a satanist?

So far, the only the only difference I see between us.....I am willing to go first and...
do unto others as I would have them do unto me.

If you are willing in like manner.....then there is no difference.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
You guys assume to much of me...one way and then the other.

I see some of you write about a Dark Prince....
And others claim there is no higher deity....'no out of body' spirit to answer to.
Some claim there is only Nature to follow. (an old time deity btw)

But I won't ask for one.
This topic is supposed to be a comparative effort.
And I have never seen consensus in any belief system.
I don't expect one here either.

You would, if you chose to see us for what we are, instead of what you were told. Most of us here don't fantasize death, and prefer to live, and live greatly. This is a belief where stupidity and solipsism are the top 'sins'. You should read more into a belief or philosophy before assuming that there is no consensus in it.

Perhaps you could shift your perspective long enough to realize.....
When you use symbols and avatars that for decades have represented the devil....
and other spirits of demonic nature....
Do you really expect 'outsiders' to know you don't believe in them?

You and society call it the devil, we call it nature (the general understanding of what we believe). We could care less for outsiders to believe.

You say you don't believe in God.
There is no afterlife.
There is only the moment at hand. I understand you.
But as long as you persist in using symbolism the rest of the world sees as demonic....you will not be understood by most people.

We could care less to be understoody by most people, if the whole of the people is to incompitant to understand anyways, why would we care if they understood? It doesn't mean we would beneift from it.

Besides...there are labels you can choose from that have no connection with anything adversarial. Being someone's adversary is required to be a satanist?

Satan literally means Advesary or Opposition, and how would you know? Just by this very statement it is a connection with advesary. You don't know me, don't judge me.

So far, the only the only difference I see between us.....I am willing to go first and...
do unto others as I would have them do unto me.

It also makes you look like a presumptuous. There is no difference between us, we are both human, your questions don't seem to furthur your understanding of us, and you have asked alot.

If you are willing in like manner.....then there is no difference.

As I stated already, I really find no difference among nature and it's beings, we are all the same, and we all came from stars.

The difference is belief, I prefer common sense, where you ask questions that have already been answered.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I stated already, I really find no difference among nature and it's beings, we are all the same, and we all came from stars.

The difference is belief, I prefer common sense, where you ask questions that have already been answered.

I'm an old guy trained for formal rebuttal.
You can't fool me.

But more to the point.
That we share the air around us...doesn't make all the same.
Apparently...we are different.

But the common ground I offered has not been accepted.
Are you willing to do unto others as you would have it done unto you?

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm an old guy trained for formal rebuttal.
You can't fool me.

I wasn't trying to fool you, it is asinine to assume such a thing. You asked a question, and I answered, simple.

But more to the point.
That we share the air around us...doesn't make all the same.
Apparently...we are different.

All things are the same, but different visually and philsophically.

But the common ground I offered has not been accepted.
Are you willing to do unto others as you would have it done unto you?

What have you offered? Be like you? Ha...

I am willing to do unto others as they do unto me. I went over this already. I could care less for the typical mind slave, anyone who wants to befriend me I am willing to accept, as long as they hold respect for the person and not the belief. I could care less what you or anyone else thinks, for I am my own person.

thief said:
To put it metaphorically;Satanism is like a tree. Every Satanist shares the same roots, but each tree grows differently from those roots. A deeper understanding of Satanism is sometimes required to tell the root from the tree.

In other words, there is consensus about certain things:
-Glorification of the ego and empowerment of the self.
-A psychological link to the 'dark side'
-A high value placed on study.
-Indulgence over abstinence
-Mastery of ones Subjective Universe;Mastery of Self
-Self as the ultimate authority.
-Satanic Sins
-Satanic Statements.
-Satanic Rules of the Earth,
-etc..
-

Orias

Left Hand Path
To put it metaphorically;Satanism is like a tree. Every Satanist shares the same roots, but each tree grows differently from those roots. A deeper understanding of Satanism is sometimes required to tell the root from the tree.

-Satanic Sins
-Satanic Statements.
-etc..
-

Exactly

Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer"

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What have you offered? Be like you? Ha...

I am willing to do unto others as they do unto me. I went over this already. I could care less for the typical mind slave, anyone who wants to befriend me I am willing to accept, as long as they hold respect for the person and not the belief. I could care less what you or anyone else thinks, for I am my own person.

Yeah...you're becoming redundant.
Then complain of a potential 'slavery'.

Your vantage point makes everyone else your slave...first.
You expect others to do good things unto you.....why?...respect?

Respect is an item you must earn.
I can turn this about and drop it in your lap...as you did to me.
Earn my respect first....THEN I will respect you.
You first.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

-Satanic Sins
-Satanic Statements.
-etc..
-

Well that's what we are here to talk about.
About that psychological link to the dark side.....
Are you sure about that?
Sounds like Star Wars.
Sounds like belief in a spiritual existence.
Telepathic communication?...someone in particular?

No. There is nothing supernatural about the 'dark side' It is simply an element of human nature, and an understanding that the world can be a dark, unrelenting and chaotic place. Some revel in this, others fear it, while others yet struggle against it like a salmon fighting it's way up a stream it can not possibly conquer.

If you are looking for spirituality you won't find it here. At least not the way you probably understand it.