• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan and Science.

BelieveMe

everything i am
Oh my...are we touchy or what?

And I suppose you really believed that a topic entitled Satan and Science...
wasn't open to all?

Science will always fall short proving spiritual life.
Finding an appropriate experiment, has been attempted for a long time.
No definitive results yet.
There will be no photographs...no fingerprints...etc.

So...each time someone says...there is no god....someone will say
Yes there is.
Each time Satan is mentioned...more argument.
And there is always some scientist hanging about making more denial...
to everything.

Logic?
I have been trained in the formal application.
I don't always use it that way.
Sometimes I play the discussion as if you might be right..to show where it leads.
Sometimes I state the obvious, to show where it should have ended.

Most of the time....people just want their say so...and the last posting under their avatar.

There will only be more argument each time Satan is mentioned because people, such as yourself, do not attempt to comprehend what Satan stands for. I believe you have had this explained to you many times in different ways. Do you understand? Satan is nature and without nature, there would be no science.

And might I add that I have seen some of your recent posts and I can see you are one of those people who always have to be right. You like to make people feel senseless when they make more sense than you. What does that make you?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There will only be more argument each time Satan is mentioned because people, such as yourself, do not attempt to comprehend what Satan stands for. I believe you have had this explained to you many times in different ways. Do you understand? Satan is nature and without nature, there would be no science.

And might I add that I have seen some of your recent posts and I can see you are one of those people who always have to be right. You like to make people feel senseless when they make more sense than you. What does that make you?

Sensible.

And yeah I seen the argument that Satan equals Nature.
Two proper names, of deities....some still believe...some don't.

That you splice the two and then call it science...doesn't mean your right.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Could you elaborate on this theory that Satan=Nature?

EM

rageoftyrael

Veritas
see, what you don't understand thief, is that i wasn't talking about every single one of your posts. only some of your most recent, that became nothing more than proselytizing. i was asking you to stop doing that. now take your point, and shove it, because it failed. pay attention next time, eh?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
see, what you don't understand thief, is that i wasn't talking about every single one of your posts. only some of your most recent, that became nothing more than proselytizing. i was asking you to stop doing that. now take your point, and shove it, because it failed. pay attention next time, eh?

I'm not proselytizing.
I have already declared that I do not follow congregation.

As for that 'point' you claim has failed...
Which point?
I'm certain the misunderstanding isn't mine.

Are you still trying to treat the name Satan as a synonym to Nature?

BelieveMe

everything i am
Sensible.

And yeah I seen the argument that Satan equals Nature.
Two proper names, of deities....some still believe...some don't.

That you splice the two and then call it science...doesn't mean your right.

There are no deities, not what you are thinking of anyway. And we don't know what is "right". We are only human after all.

Last edited:

BelieveMe

everything i am

EM

"Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things." Peter H. Gilmore

Satanism is about just being. You are part of this world, a highly evolved animal. You fight for your life everyday without realizing it. There's no way to change it.

Orias

Left Hand Path

EM

Satan is the free will of the compitent mind, and the opposition of worthy advesaries.

Satanism is refelected upon the very nature of the order of the universe, for chaos balances out the peace, and destruction gives birth to creation.

I believe you know this already sir...

Satan=Nature and Nature=Satan, just as God=Nature and Nature=God, as you have previously said, that Nature (diety) is an Egyptian God.

It is of the invaluable perceptions that people seek to be or not to be what is natural, and fight what cannot be defeated.

By our very nature we are instinctual and 'evil' animals, as we destroy what we were given as stars destroy their planets, but give birth to much more after a supernova.

If you see boundries to the mind then you are bound to think that way. As Satan represents the freckled stars of the night sky, he also represents the universe of the mind and dimensions in which each unique individual person dwells and comprehends.

The objects man posseses was created from the mind or improvised from nature. The way we think, we were bound to question, destroy, and rebuild.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Satan is the free will of the compitent mind, and the opposition of worthy advesaries.

Satanism is refelected upon the very nature of the order of the universe, for chaos balances out the peace, and destruction gives birth to creation.

I believe you know this already sir...

Satan=Nature and Nature=Satan, just as God=Nature and Nature=God, as you have previously said, that Nature (diety) is an Egyptian God.

It is of the invaluable perceptions that people seek to be or not to be what is natural, and fight what cannot be defeated.

By our very nature we are instinctual and 'evil' animals, as we destroy what we were given as stars destroy their planets, but give birth to much more after a supernova.

If you see boundries to the mind then you are bound to think that way. As Satan represents the freckled stars of the night sky, he also represents the universe of the mind and dimensions in which each unique individual person dwells and comprehends.

The objects man posseses was created from the mind or improvised from nature. The way we think, we were bound to question, destroy, and rebuild.

So you are to line of thought....
the universe has always been here...and always will be...?

Orias

Left Hand Path
So you are to line of thought....
the universe has always been here...and always will be...?

You again...

The universe simply is...

From a theistic point of view, Satan is older than time.

Nature has always been and will always be.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You again...

The universe simply is...

From a theistic point of view, Satan is older than time.

Nature has always been and will always be.

From a science documentary....aired yesterday...
Hoyle did propose that the universe....was...is...and always will be....
The term used was 'steady state'.

Some years after his proposal, a scientific discovery faulted his viewpoint.
But he remained stubborn.
He could not bring himself to believe in universe that had a beginning.
He died in 2001, without changing his mind.

( are you inclined to use a theistic view to support yourself?)

BelieveMe

everything i am

Your subjects and words jump quite a bit. You can't induce what already is and change it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Your subjects and words jump quite a bit. You can't induce what already is and change it.

Allow me to drag you along....
Religious Topics...Satan and Science.....

So far I see little success in spray painting the name of Satan on top of Nature...or Science.

Science is not enhanced by the name of Satan, not by any measure, as we study our natural surroundings.

The universe doesn't need the name of Satan upon it.
That position belongs to a deity called God...the Creator.

Now if you raise the name of Satan to that of a deity....
THEN we have an adversarial situation.
To whom does the creation belong?

Orias

Left Hand Path

No, if I were to use a theistic point of view to support myself I would be a Theistic Satanists now wouldn't I?

BelieveMe

everything i am

So far I see little success in spray painting the name of Satan on top of Nature...or Science.

Science is not enhanced by the name of Satan, not by any measure, as we study our natural surroundings.

And satan = nature. we study nature. we study satan. it's science.

So far it seems you see little success in anything.
And of course, spray painting anything on top of nature is hazardous, but that is not what I am doing.
I never said you have to believe anything I say. It is what I believe.

And the universe may not need the name of Satan upon it, but it is there. It may not need the name of God upon it either. The position does not belong to ANY diety. There is no higher being than me. According to whom you may ask? According to me.

And if God was creator of everything...who created him? He didn't just appear out of no where. There are too many flaws in that view.

Creation has been and always will be questionable. Science has been coming up with many theories for thousands of years. They have neither proved nor disproved any of these theories.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path

Ok, that is your point. What does that have to do with anything? Science by its very nature is Satanic.

Again, science if the contender to creation, opposition.

What about Set the creator? Or Kronos, or Zues? What of Amarterasu? What of Ra? Where would God be if it were not for the mind? The mind of creation, the mind of a Satanic being. You give different names to things, and you contrast, as I see no differences among the children of the universe.

Again, I am not theistic, I will leave that to the few who view Satan as a physical diety to subject your questions.

Creation belongs to the membrane in which created us. Who created the creator? Who created the creator of the creator? Existence just is, and we simply just are, and things just happen.

If God existed then there would be a God beyond God, and so on.

Just_me_Mike

It's not that science contradicts the Bible, that in no way has ever happened. It's the interpretation and extrapolation of what the data uncovered by the science means by those that don't believe or understand the Bible that is the issue. And that is what satan controls, the minds of those interpretating science without a healthy fear of God and belief in the Bible.
Problem with going through life with this kind of outlook is it makes you a control freak.

You just have to trust people even those that do science, to do it in the name of science, and not atheism. You are judging an entire selection of society and declaring you know what is in each of their hearts.

Think about it... Lighten up...

Orias

Left Hand Path
Out of curiousity, would that be a problem for you if it was true?

Hmm...I wouldn't necessarily consider it a problem. That is a good question though.

I think everything would be different if there was a truth.
Everything in the bible would be contradicted though.
If we did know, life would be different.

But that is not the case.

Jarry

At Peace
When you really look at the big picture, it is overwhelmingly evident that the vast majority of good things and human triumph have come from science. Because of science; we have more respectable dwellings, the computer you use to have these conversations, modern medicine to keep people healthy, etc. I would imagine that if there is a God, he would be proud that His humans have come so far, and are now trying to clean up the bit of a mess we've made on the planet due to the industrial revolution. I would have to assume that Satan would be an enemy of science, because science makes life more enjoyable for humans. And nowadays, with the advent of technology that hasn't been available in the past, it seems as if people are developing more balanced opinions, becoming somewhat more liberal, mostly due to the fast exchange of information that takes place nowadays. I would imagine Satan would hate the fact that humans have the tool of science to make life more peaceful and enjoyable on Earth. And if you were to take God and Satan completely out of the picture, it is obviously science that has made the world what it is today, so regardless of any "Powers that Be", science kicks ***.