• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Samir Kuntar to be released.

A

angellous_evangellous

I heard about this, too.

Hopefully Israel plans to kill him later.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Jay -

I read the link, and then went to Wikipedia to read a little more.

He's a real sweetheart of a terrorist. Nothing like bludgeoning a four year old girl to death.

Like Angellous, I can only hope that Israel has some method to track him, and hunt him down like a dog in due time.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I heard about this as well, but I don't understand the quid pro quo. Where is the benefit in this?

There is also the question of this encouraging further kidnapping.

A

angellous_evangellous

I heard about this as well, but I don't understand the quid pro quo. Where is the benefit in this?

There is also the question of this encouraging further kidnapping.

It seems like complete nonsense to me. As it's reported in the news, it looks like a one-way trade with an enemy... Israel is giving up quite a bit for nothing. There must be something behind the scenes that Israel hopes to gain from this, because it's not going to stop their enemies from doing anything. Either that, or it's brash, irresponsible stupidity.

It's like throwing a bone to a rabid dog. You don't do that... you try to cure the dog or shoot it.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
You know - the more I think about it, the more I have to ask the question - Why was this person still alive?

Forget state sanctioned execution. Just take him out to the dumpster, put a round through the back of his head, and let the flies have him.

Zephyr

Moved on
You don't reward people for killing your citizens. What message is this sending to people? "Don't worry about getting arrested, kill enough people and you'll go free!"

just wondering if you had enough money would you put a price on its head?
does the goverment have enough money?

A

angellous_evangellous

just wondering if you had enough money would you put a price on its head?
does the goverment have enough money?

I think that there are plenty of Israelis who would be glad to do it for free, and I wouldn't pay an enemy to do it...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You know - the more I think about it, the more I have to ask the question - Why was this person still alive?

Forget state sanctioned execution. Just take him out to the dumpster, put a round through the back of his head, and let the flies have him.

To believe there are some people who call themselves human beings and think in this way ...

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I can't speak for Zephyr, but personally, I have no qualms whatsoever about the death of some human beings.

I can certainly feel the loss in this world of people like Mother Teresa, George Carlin, Martin Luther King, etc.

I can also say that I have absolutely no remorse whatsoever when someone like Gary Gilmore, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, or Samir Kuntar pass from this earth. On the contrary - I'm glad to see them go, and would, in fact, be more than happy to be their executioner.

I do not see human life as inherently any more precious than the life of a lion on the plains of the Serengeti, or a clown fish on the Great Barrier Reef.

So, while I understand that many (if not the overwhelming majority) of people cannot agree with my position, it is an honest reflection of how I see the world we live in. I take no offense (whatsoever) from those that reject my position.