• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sameness

Orias

Left Hand Path
I believe in individualism to a certain extent. It is because of it that i live the way i want to. And it is my desire to live the way Jesus wants. Just as he lived the way God wants. I do it because that's where i get the most satisfaction. In the pursuit of a better way of life, I've evolved from an atheist to a Buddhist to a protestant christian to an almost JW. But (and i'm sure you will agree) there are some things that are bigger than any individual or groups of people.

I find solace in this statement. It is agreeable to some extent, but instead of considering yourself an Atheist or Buddhist or even a Christian, why not consider the fact that you are all of these things, for all these things are reflective upon what we are. Nature, both benevolent and malignant.

Yes, I agree that hate is capable of that.

True but imo its not the best way. I believe hate causes bad hormones to flow in our bodies and eventually damages it. Love is the better way.

Self preservation is the highest law. In times of desparation, a society must destroy another, simply for the sake of living. To let emotions get in the way is one thing that will better your cause or destroy it. But I understand what you mean, people who live bitter, die bitter. They seclude themselves to wallow in their own pitty, how entertaining :D.

I understand the strategy and yes, i agree with you that its not cowardice (so long as one is not afraid). That's exactly what Mohammad Ali/Casius Clay did when he boxed with George Forman. At that time, I thought that Ali was a coward for leaning on the ring-ropes all the time until that amazing burst from him that floored and knocked out Forman.

Heh, there you go :D. Maybe you would like to know that I train in MMA. All warefare is based upon deception. Feint the retreat and let the opponent over exert themselves, openings turn into opportunities, and opportunity makes a theif, just so happens this type of opportunity steals ones consciousness :D hehe

Admittedly there are many shallow Christians and some think that they are Christian but are not. It is manipulation and deceit only if it is not sincere. Again these bad thoughts arise from a bad heart and will give rise to bad hormones and their destructiveness.

But manipulation is not always for the worse. It is manipulation, even on the sincerest levels, since it affects a persons thought about the circumstance which they are under. And again, bad is subjective, just like everything else in life, for that is all we truly know, life. Destruction is part of life, as destruction is creation, for in order for something to be created, the building blocks must of been made, or destroyed from their origin to best model the architecture.

True. But why take on the Adversary role? Its so taxing on one's time and energy. Its easier to resolve it the Christian way ie prayer, forgiveness, love...

Simply to make one think, to better themselves and others. We are all Adversaries, as not one person can simply agree with everything. All things Oppose, simply because Opposition choses to triumph over Opposition. It is the way of life.

Wow, that's is very original! I've never thought of it that way before. Thanks.

Hehe, see, there is fun in perception. :D

Very sublime; I like that.

Agreed 100%!

Although man is man, they also want to be better (whatever "better" means to each individual or group). Other people's personal beliefs is fine as long as it doesn't hurt or hinder me. Eg. In my country, one ruling race is given advantages over the others. It is unfair but without it that race would eventually cease to exist.

I also find solace in this statement. It is good to see that one is able to observe that definitions are subjective to peoples values and such. I am here to gain a more wholesome experience of life, as well as benefit my experiences to others. Though it was my understanding, that it is typical of Christians to preach the Opposite of what they do. I am glad your not throwing silly scripture at me.

But what I think Jesus may have been trying to get across was understanding, rather than love (from what I have observed from ancient man's understanding of everything). To best benefit humanity we must understand humanity for what it is. To gain a complete understanding you must love and hate, basically acknowledging and perceiving everything. Not completely denying everything, rather testing the waters. I tend to think of myself swimming in waters that are both extremely cold and hot, and somewhat inbetween. :D

Sometimes you need to sway Left to avoid a left hook, sometimes you need to sway right to avoid a Right straight and so on :D

It is also more highly conducive to yourself as well as others to follow reality instead of idealogy.

Last edited:

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
You are a very wise man, Orias.
It has been a pleasure conversing with you.
I will contemplate on what you have said.
Thank-you.

"Live long and prosper." - Spock of Vulcan

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

Prophets foresaw the end of their line, shared their wisdom to create an ideal. Paul focused on why many must be one, why there must be alignment; I could never find Jesus. And a story too perfect, is clearly a story.

I cannot deal with them; I have tried, but they seem to repulse me. Here, no problem; out there, no way.

It would be nice to be created eq , If their was a god , Id like to grab him by the hand and walk his ****** *** down St Jude Hospital , where these children are dieing of cancer , or mabey we should pray for the destruction in Japan , why we have to find a vaccene of all this desease ? I kow I know , Adam and Eve screwed it up for us , what a impotent mad redeemer that *** is . I have found an enemy . hope fully soon .... I have some good memorys . hopeing for that ******* death .