• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sameness

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm sure everyone has heard the saying "All men are created equal". This thought made me think as I was posting previous to this post.

Not all men are created equal, that is a given. I think more or less, Christians tried to reach a level of sameness, which could be more accepted and or easier to understand and explain. But what if it wasn't?

I was thinking...the Christians reached a level of "sameness" in society (American from my perspective), but what were they trying to say behind it?

I have been thinking lately, that people are trying too hard to point out the differences between RHP and LHP, but what if they are the same? They are two "separate" paths, on an even larger path, that is one. Is this what they meant by "sameness", as all things are the same, because all things came from one single thing?

Has it not occured to anyone else, that maybe the Christians had a great idea and more philosophical Satanic expression behind than people realize? I think that at one point, Christianity had developed a greater understanding, to be lost by the stupid people who literally interperated divinity and the aspects of immortal realms...I can't honestly put whats on my mind into words...

I was just throwing some ideas out there...I want to hear input from some of the smartest people I know. Maybe you guys could help me out in trying to find words that fit the depths of such a perception.

So what do you guys think about "sameness" and the properties behind the Christian ideal of equal and the realistic ideal of emulation?

Last edited:

Erebus

I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to express here. Do you mean to say that Christians promote equality on a physical level (as in, we should strive to be of equal wealth, status etc) or on a spiritual level (as in, we are all ultimately children of God)

It's true that some of Jesus' teachings (let's say for argument's sake, he did exist and the teachings in the Bible really were his teachings) seem to promote a crude form of communism AND that they claim we are all God's children... most of the time at least. Unless I'm misunderstanding you though, I don't really see how either could be considered a Satanic philosophy.

You also brought up emulation, which I do find interesting. It's true that both RHPers and LHPers strive to become "godlike", but I would argue that the main and most important distinction to make here is that the RHP encourages followers to become like somebody else's god, while the LHP encourages followers to become their own god. I've often felt that the LHP and RHP are essentially flip sides of the same coin, both striving for similar goals, but taking opposite approaches to achieving it.

Last edited:

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I'm sure everyone has heard the saying "All men are created equal". This thought made me think as I was posting previous to this post.

Not all men are created equal, that is a given. I think more or less, Christians tried to reach a level of sameness, which could be more accepted and or easier to understand and explain. But what if it wasn't?

I was thinking...the Christians reached a level of "sameness" in society (American from my perspective), but what were they trying to say behind it?

Christianity, speaking generally and of the lesser groups not all, tends to promote denial, false comfort, and fakeness.

It is obvious that we are not all equal, even though that doesn't mean the lesser should be treated as such.

I have been thinking lately, that people are trying too hard to point out the differences between RHP and LHP, but what if they are the same? They are two "separate" paths, on an even larger path, that is one. Is this what they meant by "sameness", as all things are the same, because all things came from one single thing?

Has it not occured to anyone else, that maybe the Christians had a great idea and more philosophical Satanic expression behind than people realize? I think that at one point, Christianity had developed a greater understanding, to be lost by the stupid people who literally interperated divinity and the aspects of immortal realms...I can't honestly put whats on my mind into words...

I agree with Shy, our goals are almost identical but the methods are different. It doesn't mean one way is better than the other. It's just tools and techniques, how well they work depends on the wielder of them.

I was just throwing some ideas out there...I want to hear input from some of the smartest people I know. Maybe you guys could help me out in trying to find words that fit the depths of such a perception.

So what do you guys think about "sameness" and the properties behind the Christian ideal of equal and the realistic ideal of emulation?[/QUOTE]

Orias

Left Hand Path
Thanks for the input guys.

I would like a few Christians to express their philosophy on what Jesus taught and compare notes.

Ultimately I was speaking on the spiritual level of things, and for what we actually are. You know? I wish I could clarify more, but perhaps it will take more one on one time with myself as well as other people that I believe can help evolve man for what he truly is.

But what value does philosophy really have? Where has its concepts taken us, and what has it done to man? Does philosophy primarily exist to satisfy man's curiosity and indulgences? Or is man truly an indifferent animal, that seeks shelter and security in the blanket of non-reality?

I am sure this is a pretty well known Aspect in the LHP, but I was trying to look at it from a different angle...I just wonder why Christianity was so successful, besides the fact that they covered up the harsh things in Life and blamed it all on a character they call Satan.

Theres something sinister about Christianity that made it so successful.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Try this on? Jesus was a jew. Not only that he had created his own magical practice, there were even claims of it in practice as he healed the sick, the blind. Ect, ect. He also had many followers that believed him to be the son of god or a god in carnate being.

These are all qualities and goals of the LHP practitioner.

You may referance this theory in a book titled "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers. He elaborates in greater detail that i regrettably dont have time for this evening.

This is something I was actually looking to try and get a hold of.

Thanks Mr.Cage a lot.

This is a good start to what I was trying to get at.

I think when it gets down to it, all people are indefinately, perhaps mostly ignorantly, LHP followers.

Recignition is the key to all Greater and Lesser Magicks, now to apply it to society, and make them recognize what they are...well that requires a team effort :D

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
If you want to go deep into the "oneness" of existence, I agree with you. Everyone is equal. On the most basic level we are all atoms and we are all of the same matter/star stuff. The whole universe and all of chaos is of one equal substance, and out of that are equal spiritual possibilities... emphasis on possibilities.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
I would like a few Christians to express their philosophy on what Jesus taught and compare notes.
What Jesus taught about love and forgiveness was unlike any philosophy then and now. The hardest of which to truly follow (imo) is, "Love thy enemy. Do good to them that hate you".

But what value does philosophy really have? Where has its concepts taken us, and what has it done to man?
If the philosophy that we ascribe to makes us better persons, then it has great value. It makes us rise above our mediocrity and gives us purpose in life. Great things are achieved by such people.

Does philosophy primarily exist to satisfy man's curiosity and indulgences?
i think every society has a main philosophy; otherwise the society will not hold together. Philosophy or belief is the framework on which we hang our concept of reality.

Or is man truly an indifferent animal, that seeks shelter and security in the blanket of non-reality?

Man is never indifferent. But what is one man's reality may be another's fantasy.

I just wonder why Christianity was so successful, besides the fact that they covered up the harsh things in Life and blamed it all on a character they call Satan.
one man's reality may be another's fantasy.

I believe Christianity originally had many things that were "Satanic" in essence, the problem with it started when (and their LHP similarities ended when) they tried to force everyone into it.

To be honest, probably the only one who truly followed those teachings was Magi Jesus himself, but in lack of factual evidence of anything (really), we can't say if those first christians were also (or even tried to be) like him.

The difference between today's RHP and LHP is that in the first they try to be god-like by losing their own essence, they want to be a part of the already existing god they follow and praise instead of being Like it/him/her. While on the LHP we try to separate ourselves more and more of the whole to achieve a god-like presence in our individual majesty.

Regards.

Midnight Pete

From an ominscient and all-seeing God's-eye perspective, the little boxes we put ourselves in (race, political affiliation, sexual orientation, etc.) must have no significance at all. A Supreme Being who laid the foundations of the Earth and hung the stars in the sky must have a totally different view of humanity than does humanity itself.

Mr. Cage

From an ominscient and all-seeing God's-eye perspective, the little boxes we put ourselves in (race, political affiliation, sexual orientation, etc.) must have no significance at all. A Supreme Being who laid the foundations of the Earth and hung the stars in the sky must have a totally different view of humanity than does humanity itself.

Well, we know two things for sure, 1 he definitely has a sense of humor and 2 for some reason he just cant handle a buck.

Gloone

Everyone is given an equal chance with equal opportunities. I understand not everyone is created equal in the sense of everyone not being the same, but that is just the path some people choose to take that divides us. It might not be intentional it just happens.

To be honest I don’t think there is much difference between LHP and RHP. If there is then it is by a small margin. But again it is all about how the message is interpreted and I think everyone can agree depending on the individual it can be interpreted many different ways and like you said sometimes it is taken literally and not always sought after the way it should be.

Tol

Tol
To be honest I don't think there is much difference between LHP and RHP. If there is then it is by a small margin. But again it is all about how the message is interpreted and I think everyone can agree depending on the individual it can be interpreted many different ways and like you said sometimes it is taken literally and not always sought after the way it should be.

Gloone,

I'm curious if you would mind explaining the differences you perceive, as I do not see them as subtle at all.

Also, please keep in mind this is the Left-Hand Path DIR.

Regards,

Tol

Gloone

Gloone,

I'm curious if you would mind explaining the differences you perceive, as I do not see them as subtle at all.

Regards,

Tol
Well instead of me having to explain. How about I ask you why do you think evil exist and good can't prevail?

Tol

Tol
Really, Gloone, I insist. This IS the Left-Hand Path DIR. Or at least it once was.

Again, would you explain the differences, as you see them, between the LHP & RHP?

Gloone

Really, Gloone, I insist. This IS the Left-Hand Path DIR. Or at least it once was.

Again, would you explain the differences, as you see them, between the LHP & RHP?

Well I already gave one. I don't see why you would want another...

Orias

Left Hand Path
Everyone is given an equal chance with equal opportunities. I understand not everyone is created equal in the sense of everyone not being the same, but that is just the path some people choose to take that divides us. It might not be intentional it just happens.

To be honest I don’t think there is much difference between LHP and RHP. If there is then it is by a small margin. But again it is all about how the message is interpreted and I think everyone can agree depending on the individual it can be interpreted many different ways and like you said sometimes it is taken literally and not always sought after the way it should be.

Gloone,

Regards,

Tol

I think what he meant by that is, that RHP and LHP have a common ground many chose to ignore, the fact that we are human, and humans have two main dysfunctions, the self that strives be beyond his creations, and the self that tries to become the creations (become a God and follow a God).

When really, if you look at it, the two paths are not separate, for the end of both of these "paths" leads to the same place, nothingness. So if you are viewing the road from a couple feet away, take a couple thousand steps back and then view it again. It has become one...

Orias

Left Hand Path
What Jesus taught about love and forgiveness was unlike any philosophy then and now. The hardest of which to truly follow (imo) is, "Love thy enemy. Do good to them that hate you".

Ok, so what exactly about "love" and "forgiveness" did he teach? I am curious as to knowing the ritualistic approach he used to apply his magics.

So how can you hate one, that strives to delete you? It's not possible to love all, at least in a sincere manner. So what exactly do you think he meant by that? Do you know anyone else that could bring more info?

But what value does philosophy really have? Where has its concepts taken us, and what has it done to man?

If the philosophy that we ascribe to makes us better persons, then it has great value. It makes us rise above our mediocrity and gives us purpose in life. Great things are achieved by such people.

I like that. But then again, it all depends on what makes a "better" person doesn't it? You wouldn't think Satanism would make a person better (at least those that understand Satanism for what it is, instead of using it as a tool (fear) to get what you want and murder, rape and burn!!!!). But then again, if everyone agreed that one single philosophy made one "better" then everyone would follow it right? This is interesting. Would one be "better" if they advocated magic to deplete one's will to continue, or would one be "better" if they advocated sympathy to get what they want. Or how about donating to a church? Would that make you better? The variables of life put into play exceed our understanding and accepting of what love truly is, and how you just forgive those who have caused suffering.

Does philosophy primarily exist to satisfy man's curiosity and indulgences?

i think every society has a main philosophy; otherwise the society will not hold together. Philosophy or belief is the framework on which we hang our concept of reality.

I like that too. Except, I don't think that philosophy can generally be classified as "reality", as most people believe in an after-life. One man's reality may be another fantasy, but reality is just that, reality. It all depends on how pragmatic it is right? Christianity sounds good on paper, but I wonder how conducive it actually is towards others.

Or is man truly an indifferent animal, that seeks shelter and security in the blanket of non-reality?

Man is never indifferent. But what is one man's reality may be another's fantasy.

I think I could challenge that. There is plenty of people that don't give two sh**s about what happens to them or anyone else.

I just wonder why Christianity was so successful, besides the fact that they covered up the harsh things in Life and blamed it all on a character they call Satan.

one man's reality may be another's fantasy.

One man's reality may be anothers fantasy, just as one mans evil may be anothers good. But when it comes down to it, fantasy and reality exist, because man has the will to comprehend a being, and or, existence beyond himself. But that does not exclude what actually is, reality. But then again, they are Opposites, and contradict each other. This is why I think Satanism will have a profound impact on all societies in the near future, simply because the fact that Satanism provokes the harsh acknowledgement of reality.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
Hi Orias,

Thanks for your post. I want to take time to ponder on what you wrote and give you a good answer. The longer i take, the more carefully thought out will be my reply.

But meanwhile, let me understand you better.
Are you into Satanism? (Brrrhh....it creeps me out. - wouldn't any normal guy feel the same?)
Can you tell me more about Satanism. What do you do. Like you go to a coven. Do rituals in a 5-pointed star in a circle? Blood - there must be blood, right?. Goat's blood? eeee....human blood?

Scarry mate.

How did you get involved anyways?

Cheers

Hi Orias,

Thanks for your post. I want to take time to ponder on what you wrote and give you a good answer. The longer i take, the more carefully thought out will be my reply.

But meanwhile, let me understand you better.
Are you into Satanism? (Brrrhh....it creeps me out. - wouldn't any normal guy feel the same?)
Can you tell me more about Satanism. What do you do. Like you go to a coven. Do rituals in a 5-pointed star in a circle? Blood - there must be blood, right?. Goat's blood? eeee....human blood?

Scarry mate.

How did you get involved anyways?

Cheers

EEP

No. Just no..to all of that

You watch too many movies.