• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation in Christianity

Treasure Hunter

Did Baha’u”llah teach that the spirit of the Son only exists within him? It exists within you too.
It is necessary that we believe ourselves worthy to have the spirit of the Son of Man exist within us. This is why Jesus insisted that he wash the feet of his disciples. We must be humble, yes, but we also must be willing to imagine ourselves exalted in the Kingdom.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The spirit of the Son always exists in every soul:
“On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” (John 14:20).

Did Baha’u”llah teach that the spirit of the Son only exists within him? It exists within you too.
Baha'u'llah referred to Jesus as the Spirit of God, from which the Holy Spirit emanates:

“O kings of Christendom! Heard ye not the saying of Jesus, the Spirit of God, “I go away, and come again unto you”? .”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 246

Baha'is believe that the Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, which has a direct connection to the body through the soul
That is what "I am in you" means to me.

25: THE HOLY SPIRIT

I like to analyze Bible verses. Of course, not everyone interprets the verses the same way so not everyone believes that they mean the same thing.
Also, more than one interpretation might be correct.

Below is my interpretation of these verses. Another Baha'i might interpret them differently.

John 14

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Since I believe that the Spirit of truth was Baha'u'llah, that is why the world did not see him or know him back in Jesus' day.
However, the Holy Spirit, which is the Bounty of God, already dwelt in the disciples, since it came to them from Jesus.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

To me that verse means that Jesus was going to send another Comforter, as He promised.​
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

To me that verse means that Jesus was never coming back to this world, but Jesus, who was the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, would live in all those who had believed in Jesus.​

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

To me that verse means that on the day that the Christ Spirit returns in Baha'u'llah, Christians would be reminded of everything that Jesus said, just as Jesus said would happen.​
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
Really. Otherwise, why would Christians be following the Bible today? Think about it.

A more important consideration in relation to the Spirit of Truth and Baha'i is that Jesus promised to His disciples (of 2000 years ago) that the Spirit of Truth would be with them and in them.

John 14:15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A more important consideration in relation to the Spirit of Truth and Baha'i is that Jesus promised to His disciples (of 2000 years ago) that the Spirit of Truth would be with them and in them.

John 14:15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Below is my interpretation of these verses. Another Baha'i might interpret them differently.

John 14

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Since I believe that the Spirit of truth was Baha'u'llah, that is why the world did not see him or know him back in Jesus' day.​
However, the Holy Spirit, which is the Bounty of God, already dwelt in the disciples, since it came to them from Jesus.​
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

To me that verse means that Jesus was going to send another Comforter, as He promised.​
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

To me that verse means that Jesus was never coming back to this world, but Jesus, who was the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, would live in all those who had believed in Jesus.​

Brian2

Veteran Member

John 14

Since I believe that the Spirit of truth was Baha'u'llah, that is why the world did not see him or know him back in Jesus' day.​
However, the Holy Spirit, which is the Bounty of God, already dwelt in the disciples, since it came to them from Jesus.​

The disciples did not have the Holy Spirit at that time.
How was the Spirit of Truth (Baha'u'llah) going to dwell with and be in the disciples Jesus was speaking to?

PearlSeeker

No. In John 14:26 Comforter=HS=he=man.

No, the HS living inside of people does not:

· Teach you all things
· Call to remembrance what Jesus said
· Testify of Jesus
· Glorify Jesus, receive of Jesus, and shew it unto you
· Guide you into all truth
· Speak what He hears and shew you things to come
· Reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment
If the Comforter in John 14:26 is a man why is it written "the Comforter, the Holy Spirit"? And how is it promised that he will be "in" the disciples (John 14:17)?

How do you explain that the Holy Spirit had been comforting the believers 2000 years ago (in the verse below)?

So the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria enjoyed peace, as it was being built up; and as it continued in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it kept increasing. (Acts 9:31)​

Some things HS does (in man):

- HS reveals the things to come

And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking forward to the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. (Luke 2:25-26)​

And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied... (Luke 1:67)​
No prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:21)​

- HS teaches people

For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say. (Lk 12:12)​

- HS testifies of Jesus

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and as far as the remotest part of the earth. (Acts 1:8)​
And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him. (Acts 5:32)​

- HS guides into all truth

By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which in other generations was not made known to mankind, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit. (Ephesians 3:4-5)​
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” — these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)​

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think the more appropriate question are "saved from what?" And "saved how?"

And I think the answer is that we are being saved from ourselves by letting go of our self-centered fear and doubt and desire and embodying the divine spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity within us. The "kingdom" is a way of being. And "salvation" is the ongoing process of becoming it. This moment and in this instance I may succeed, then the next moment or instance I may not. Salvation takes a lifetime.
I believe that would be saved from sin not because self has to be sinful but because the self has been deceived into sinfulness.

I believe the how is receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior and no doubt all that fruit results.

I believe it is a process of letting go ego and letting Jesus lead. Ego does not let go easily.

Muffled

Jesus in me
To be honest, I think the Christians who are most confused are the Christians who believe they are going to spend eternity on earth rather than in heaven. Maybe that explains some earthbound spirits, since they cannot face the reality that heaven is where they are supposed to go after they die. These Christians don't feel betrayed because they are not in heaven because they don't want to go to heaven. These are the ones who will be the most confused.
I believe you are confused. Heaven is not a goal it is a rest as Hebrews says. Yes eternal life mean life in a body that does not die eventually on a planet. It could be earth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Maybe in some cases, but I haven't met any earthbound human spirits who said that they were destined to remain on earth and not be in heaven with Jesus immediately after their death or they believed that they should be asleep in their grave until a future resurrection of believers and unbelievers. As I've demonstrated before, the Bible clearly has contradictory teachings about the afterlife, but this probably isn't the thread to address that again.
I believe I have had enough rest in Heaven for a while and am looking forward to my next life on earth after I die unless eternal life comes first of course.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why do you say that? The disciples had the Holy Spirit ever since they became disciples of Jesus, since it came to them from Jesus.
How was the Spirit of Truth (Baha'u'llah) going to dwell with and be in the disciples Jesus was speaking to?
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

It was not Baha'u'llah who was going to be with and dwell in the disciples, it was the Holy Spirit, which already dwelt in them (for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.)
The disciples knew the Holy Spirit and it already dwelt in them because it came to them from Jesus.
The Gospels teach that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at the moment of John's baptism. Prior to that moment, Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit.

Baha'u'llah was the Spirit of truth, a title for the man whom the disciples could not receive yet, because the world could not see or know Him at that time in history. Baha'u'llah was also another Comforter since He brought the Holy Spirit.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the Comforter in John 14:26 is a man why is it written "the Comforter, the Holy Spirit"?
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Because the Father sent the Holy Spirit to Baha'u'llah, and Baha'u'llah brought the Holy Spirit to humanity.
And how is it promised that he will be "in" the disciples (John 14:17)?
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The disciples knew the Holy Spirit and it already dwelt in them because it came to them from Jesus.
The Gospels teach that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at the moment of John's baptism. Prior to that moment, Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit.

Baha'u'llah was the Spirit of truth, a title for the man whom the disciples could not receive yet, because the world could not see or know Him at that time in history.
How do you explain that the Holy Spirit had been comforting the believers 2000 years ago (in the verse below)?

So the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria enjoyed peace, as it was being built up; and as it continued in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it kept increasing. (Acts 9:31)​
That is explained easily, because Jesus was a Comforter who brought the Holy Spirit 2000 years ago.

The Gospels teach that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at the moment of John's baptism, so Jesus had the Holy Spirit, and ever since then the HS has been comforting believers.
That is why Jesus was a Comforter. Now, Bahaullah is another Comforter because He brought the Holy Spirit, and He is guiding believers.
Some things HS does (in man):

- HS reveals the things to come

And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking forward to the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. (Luke 2:25-26)​

And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied... (Luke 1:67)​
No prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:21)​

- HS teaches people

For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say. (Lk 12:12)​

- HS testifies of Jesus

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and as far as the remotest part of the earth. (Acts 1:8)​
And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him. (Acts 5:32)​

- HS guides into all truth

By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which in other generations was not made known to mankind, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit. (Ephesians 3:4-5)​
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” — these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)​
The Holy Spirit has been guiding believers ever since it was brought to them by Jesus.

What happened 2000 years ago is all well and good, but that is not what the verses that refer to the Comforter/Spirit of truth are referring to.
They are referring to the return of the Christ Spirit, which was Baha'u'llah.
The past is the past, humanity has moved on, and the promises have been fulfilled.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7-11 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe you are confused. Heaven is not a goal it is a rest as Hebrews says. Yes eternal life mean life in a body that does not die eventually on a planet. It could be earth.
I think you are confusing immortality with eternal life. The physical body is mortal, so it dies. The soul is immortal, so it lives forever
Eternal life does not mean life in a body that does not die eventually. Eternal life means nearness to God that comes from believing in Jesus.

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life,and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

It is important to note that the physical body (flesh) profits nothing, as Jesus said. Only the Spirit profits us.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Why do you say that? The disciples had the Holy Spirit ever since they became disciples of Jesus, since it came to them from Jesus.

John 7:39
He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.

After Jesus had risen from the dead and been glorified He came to His disciples.
John 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

It was not Baha'u'llah who was going to be with and dwell in the disciples, it was the Holy Spirit, which already dwelt in them (for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.)

Baha'u'llah was the Spirit of truth, a title for the man whom the disciples could not receive yet, because the world could not see or know Him at that time in history. Baha'u'llah was also another Comforter since He brought the Holy Spirit.

John 14:17 is speaking about the Spirit of Truth.

But you are correct that the Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit which dwelt with the disciples because Jesus, who had the Holy Spirit, was with them.
When Jesus had been glorified the Holy Spirit (also called the Spirit of Truth) would dwell in His disciples. The Holy Spirit would guide them into all truth and would be the presence of Jesus with them because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
John 7:39
He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.

After Jesus had risen from the dead and been glorified He came to His disciples.
John 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

John 14:17 is speaking about the Spirit of Truth.

But you are correct that the Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit which dwelt with the disciples because Jesus, who had the Holy Spirit, was with them.
When Jesus had been glorified the Holy Spirit (also called the Spirit of Truth) would dwell in His disciples. The Holy Spirit would guide them into all truth and would be the presence of Jesus with them because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ.
*INFORMATIVE*

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Those verses are easy to manipulate and make it about the Baha'i prophet. It's interesting that they make "the prince of this world" their prophet also.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Those verses are easy to manipulate and make it about the Baha'i prophet.
Nothing has to be manipulated to make Baha'u'llah who He was. He was who He was and the Bible prophecies are enough proof even if there was no other proof.
It's interesting that they make "the prince of this world" their prophet also.
Baha'is don't have to make Baha'u'llah into "the prince of this world" since that is who He was.

If you want to reject Baha'u'llah that is all well and good, but constantly turning other people away from Him just because you cannot believe does not bode well.

PearlSeeker

Because the Father sent the Holy Spirit to Baha'u'llah, and Baha'u'llah brought the Holy Spirit to humanity.
But it/he was promised to the apostles (in that text). It was fulfilled 2000 years ago.

Yes, this is one possible interpretation. It is called adoptionism. At the time of baptism Jesus was adopted as the Son of God.

That is explained easily, because Jesus was a Comforter who brought the Holy Spirit 2000 years ago.
But that Church continued "in the comfort of the Holy Spirit" when Jesus was already in heaven. That book (Acts) is about the events when Jesus was no longer on earth. So HS in believers was doing/continuing the comforting. That's why it is called "another Comforter" in GofJohn.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But it/he was promised to the apostles (in that text). It was fulfilled 2000 years ago.
The apostles received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, but the Spirit of Truth promised in John 16:12-14 did not come on the Day of Pentecost.
It came in the latter days, when the Christ Spirit returned in Baha'u'llah.

The Holy Spirit that was sent to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And then the Holy Spirit was sent again in the last days that we are now living in. In that same chapter in which we find the Pentecost account, we have (Acts 2:17-21) showing that God would once again pour out His Spirit upon all flesh:

Acts 2:17-21 was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it was a prophecy that referred to the last days, the days when Christ would return.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:17-21 is a prophecy and it has been fulfilled by the coming of Baha’u’llah.

All these wonders in the heavens and signs on the earth happened before Baha’u’llah appeared, and thus He fulfilled the prophecies for the Return of Christ.
But that Church continued "in the comfort of the Holy Spirit" when Jesus was already in heaven. That book (Acts) is about the events when Jesus was no longer on earth. So HS in believers was doing/continuing the comforting. That's why it is called "another Comforter" in GofJohn.
It is true that the Church continued "in the comfort of the Holy Spirit" when Jesus was already in heaven and that part of the Book of Acts is about the events when Jesus was no longer on earth. HS in believers was doing/continuing the comforting, but that's not why it is called "another Comforter" in John 14:16.

Jesus promised to send another Comforter who was also the Spirit of truth and Jesus said what he would do when he came.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,
he shall testify of me:

John 16:7-11 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

One of the various proofs that Baha'u'llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of truth is that Baha’u’llah did EXACTLY what Jesus said the Comforter and Spirit of truth would do. Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah testified of Jesus and glorified Jesus.

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86

PearlSeeker

The apostles received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, but the Spirit of Truth promised in John 16:12-14 did not come on the Day of Pentecost.
It came in the latter days, when the Christ Spirit returned in Baha'u'llah.

The Holy Spirit that was sent to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And then the Holy Spirit was sent again in the last days that we are now living in. In that same chapter in which we find the Pentecost account, we have (Acts 2:17-21) showing that God would once again pour out His Spirit upon all flesh:

Acts 2:17-21 was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it was a prophecy that referred to the last days, the days when Christ would return.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:17-21 is a prophecy and it has been fulfilled by the coming of Baha’u’llah.

All these wonders in the heavens and signs on the earth happened before Baha’u’llah appeared, and thus He fulfilled the prophecies for the Return of Christ.

It is true that the Church continued "in the comfort of the Holy Spirit" when Jesus was already in heaven and that part of the Book of Acts is about the events when Jesus was no longer on earth. HS in believers was doing/continuing the comforting, but that's not why it is called "another Comforter" in John 14:16.

Jesus promised to send another Comforter who was also the Spirit of truth and Jesus said what he would do when he came.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,
he shall testify of me:

One of the various proofs that Baha'u'llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of truth is that Baha’u’llah did EXACTLY what Jesus said the Comforter and Spirit of truth would do. Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah testified of Jesus and glorified Jesus.

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86
We are dancing in circles. I respect your belief/interpretation but I believe the original meaning of these texts was different.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We are dancing in circles. I respect your belief/interpretation but I believe the original meaning of these texts was different.
That's okay. You can believe what you believe and I will believe what I believe. I believe what I do because I am a Baha'i, but since you are not a Baha'i, there is no reason for you to interpret the Bible the way I do.