• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salaam-laam-laam Salaam-laam-laam Iran!

Jason

Not at all really, the US navy is more powerful than any navy. I'm sure the Iranians are a force to be reckoned with but they can't leave their own waters unguarded and push comes to shove the US could call every ship home. Near their borders the Iranians might give us a run for our money, but near ours it's like a pro football team against a high school team. It really would be over before it began. Iran knows that, the US knows that. Iran is just testing the US, nothing more.

But couldn't the same thing be said of our army? And yet, we've had a hard time definitively winning anything lately.

I'm sure the British thought the same thing about their military might against the upstart American punks. Look what happened to them.

Is there any such thing as guerrila naval fighting? :D We certainly have the most high tech toys, firepower, and manpower, but I don't think we should ever underestimate a small group of highly motivated, unscrupulous, clever, idealistic fighters.

No there isn't any such thing as guerrila naval fighting, LOL. See below:

I was taking into account Persian capabilities vs. American capabilities. American warships can hit Persian ones before the Persian ships can detect the presence of American naval forces. That's the reason behind the statement that the naval battle would last about 5 minutes and no longer.