• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Safe legal cannibalism

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I found that true story fascinating when I was growing up in jail about the plane crash in Argentina where eating their friends kept them relatively healthy.

If human flesh was the healthiest meat there was to eat , and could drastically lower the risk of cancer and heart disease, and more nutritious than almost anything, and it were legal to eat people, provided they signed some papers consenting to it, would it be morally sound to chow down on a friend, relative, or go to the restaurant and eat a child?

Keep in mind there is no raising people for the purpose of eating them.

The scenario is, that when you get an ID or driver's license you check a box stating whether or not you wish to donate your corpse to consumers to devour, were something to accidentally happen to you.

I mean, personally, I would wait for the Pope to give his approval before I feel completely comfortable about chowing down on a person. I definitely would be curious what a homosapien burger with BBQ sauce tastes like. :D

I'm not gonna lie. Curiosity might get the best of me were it accepted as a delicacy women want to wine and dine on at a fancy restaurant.

Were it available at every McDonalds , I'd have to wonder where that many corpses are coming from, and be highly suspicious.

But, I dunno. When Goliath birdeater spiders give birth to two thousand babies, the owner typically let's them eat each other until about 20 are left before weaning them off cannibalism.

That kind of Cannibalism should be outlawed, no doubt, but theoretically, if it was really good for people, and legal, I'd much rather somebody eat my flesh like I'm Jesus Christ, and it's Holy Communion. :p

I'm intrigued by Aghori Sadhus in India, and sometimes they will chow down on some of the strangest things, including humans.

Actually, someone in the world is hungry, and were it safe, I'm probably high in a lot of things (nutrition wise , because I eat a really nutritious diet compared to a cow.). Someone could use my body to stay alive. ;)

That's way better than just wasting it all in the earth.

Is it morally sound? Why or why not?

(Instead of Cannibalism, almost said "safe legal Cannabis" in the thread title lol. :D)

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
People selfcannibalize when they chew skin off their lips. Eatimg another person tho seems disgusting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Instead of Cannibalism, almost said "safe legal Cannabis" in the thread title lol

That's how i first read it

However

4-1-2021-10-36-37-AM-10540520.jpg