• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sacraments?

Pleroma

philalethist
Are there any complete Gnostic Sacraments or rituals that exists today which I can practise? Isn't it that without its rituals the gnostic traditions are as good as dead?

frangipani

Premium Member
Everything with Gnostics is spiritual, sacraments and rituals in the religious sense are of no intrinsic value. I guess for some people some form of rituality may help them feel more 'Christian'. If you feel you must have some form of ritual I would suggest continuing to learn to love as Christ loves and with a true heart felt devotion do this every day in every way. You will read things about water baptism, the ritual of the five seals etcetera all of these things are debated by many. The rituals are only a way of trying to express and explain this spiritual rebirth and growth in the physical world. In Truth though they are to do with spiritual rebirth and spiritual growth from infancy to full maturity. In essence for one already awakened the physical ritual is other than stated above is meaningless but the spiritual ritual of baptism (rebirth) and growth (the five seals) is very relevant. Physical rituals do not bring about gnosis or salvation.